King of the Ring
King of the Ring was a WWE Pay Per View that ran from 1993-2002 in June of each year. In each show, a tournament was held to decided the King of the Ring. The first King of the Ring aired on June 13, 1993.
- Bobby: You know if Bret Hart went to bed in a hotel and he asks for a wakeup call at 1:23 in the morning. The guy will come in and say "It's 1 2 3." I bet he'll kick out of bed.
- Bobby: (Lex Luger must put on an elbow pad to cover up the steel plate inside his forearm.) Okay, then when Tatanka comes to the ring, lets tie his shoes together so he can't dance. Lets handcuff him so he can't throw a chop. Let's make it fair huh?
- Savage: It's not the same thing and I'm not even going to argue. If you don't like it that's your problem Heenan.
- Bobby: I'd like to ask you to leave Savage.
- Bobby: [About the Smoking Gunns] Aren't those the two guys that go behind the horses with the brooms? Maybe I'm wrong.
- Savage: Wouldn't surprise me.
- Jim Ross: (DiBiase locks the Million Dollar Dream on Billy Gunn) Billy Gunn, fading into obscurity in this contest!
- Bobby: I'll make him feel at home, (sings) Happy trails, to you...
- Bobby: (DiBiase releases a hold on Billy Gunn) He probably couldn't stand the smell of those dirty jeans and cowboy boots...
- Bobby: But Hulk Hogan lost it all, didn't he?
- Savage: Yokozuna's the new champion!
- Bobby: HAHAHAHAHA!!!
- Bobby: Don't forget the camera flash hit Hogan right in the eye. And Hogan, if your sitting on there in the back listening. Remember Hulk, we'll keep an eye out for you. HA HA HA HA!
- Jim Ross: Oh Bobby that's sickening! It's not even funny.
- Savage: I think Crush is the total package! You got size, you got strength you got quickness, this is unbelievable! Look at Shawn Michaels now, that's capital worry in Shawn Michaels mind, he can't believe what he's just gotten himself into!
- Bobby: Wrong, Macho Mouth! He may be strong, he may be big, he may be quick, but between those ears, it's just a busted up pineapple.
- Jim Ross: Well, we'll be sure to mention that to him...
- Bobby: Well I didn't say that, I'm just relaying what I heard earlier.
- Bobby: Shawn doesn't have to beat Crush, Crush has to beat him.
- Jim Ross: You want to take the easy way out in everything in your life?
- Bobby: You gotta take the easy way out, this is life! Remember, a friend in need is a pest.
- Bobby: Did the referee see it?
- Savage: I saw it.
- Bobby: YOU DON'T COUNT! DID THE REFEREE SEE IT? THEN IT DOESN'T COUNT!
- Gorilla: Boy, oh boy, what a strange state of affairs, Randy.
- Savage: I got a theory. Call me crazy, call me nuts, but I'm just thinking that Neidhart was out there in Bret's corner, and possibly the only motive that he had, being in Bret's corner, was to make sure that the Hitman didn't lose his title to Diesel, but he's hoping that the Rocket will beat the Hitman. I don't know.
- Gorilla: Oh, I don't know...
- Art Donovan: Let me ask you a question, did you two guys act like that in the ring when you were wrestling?
- Gorilla: Do you think...do you think the Anvil is that smart, Randy? I don't.
- Savage: The Rocket might be.
- Todd Pettengill: [reading proclamation] "Ladies and Gentlemen, whereas the 1994 World Wrestling Federation King of the Ring Tournament has now been concluded, it is time for the coronation ceremony to commence. After having successfully endured and triumphed through three grueling tournament rounds, may I call upon "The Rocket" Owen Hart as we proclaim him the 1994 King of the Ring.
- Owen Hart: Wait a minute here, Pettengill. I just want you to know, and all you dumb people out there, I did what I said I would do! I am the King of the Ring, and I want everyone to start giving me the respect of a king!
- Todd: Ladies and gentlemen, President Jack Tunney at this time will do the honors in presenting the King his...
- Owen: You wait a minute here, Pettengill. I don't want Jack Tunney! I want the only person in my whole family that I can trust, my main man, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart! He's gonna present the King with his crown. Get down on one knee, Pettengill! Get down and salute the King! Down on your knees! Down!
- Gorilla: [as Neidhart presents the scepter, cape and crown] Well, the Rocket obviously taking over this coronation ceremony, and he's got the power of the Anvil standing right there to allow him to do just that. He's got Todd down on one knee, now the tremendous cape.
- Savage: Look at the Anvil and the Rocket together. I mean, they're family, but we all know what's going on. This has many dimensions.
- Gorilla: Well, let's remember, Randy Savage, that they were a tag team combination, the New Foundation. We know how tight they were.
- Savage: Look at this. Can you believe what we're seeing at the time that we're seeing it, going on right now, all the way live from the Baltimore Arena, the King of the Ring 1994, is Owen Hart the Rocket.
- Gorilla: Well, we saw a miscarriage of justice last year when Bret the Hitman's coronation was interrupted by the self-professed king, Jerry Lawler, and now we're seeing a disgusting coronation here.
- Todd: Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the 1994 King of the Ring. Ladies and gentlemen, the R...
- Owen: Wait a minute here. My first proclamation as King is to be, from this day forward, known as the King of Harts! The King of Harts, and I want you people to remember it with respect for the King of Harts.
- [After defeating the Roadie, Savio Vega is interviewed by Carlos Cabrera in Spanish.]
- Dok Hendrix: [Translating] "I don't know how I got here. There's no way I'm going to beat Mabel, there's no way. I feel so fortunate that Mabel's going to wipe the ring with me. I'm gonna quit stealing hubcaps." Carlos told me "He might as well quit and give it up now." He says he's complentating that.
- Vince: I think we've had enough of this. At least enough of that translation from Dok.
- Crowd: [chanting angrily during the King of the Ring final between Mabel and Savio Vega] ECW! ECW! ECW!
- Dok Hendrix: All right, ladies and gentlemen, the fourth prestigious King of the Ring, Stone Cold Steve Austin, an incredible victory.
- Steve Austin: The first thing I want need to be done is to get that piece of crap out of my ring! Don't just get him out of the ring, get him out of the WWF, because I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your Psalms, talk about John 3:16—Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
- Vince: He is stone cold...
- Dok Hendrix: Come on, that's not necessary.
- Steve: All he's gotta do is go buy him a cheap bottle of Thunderbird...
- Vince: All right, stop it.
- Steve: ...and try to dig back some of the courage he had in his prime. As the King of the Ring, I'm serving notice to every one of the WWF superstars. I don't give a damn what they are, they're all on the list, and that's Stone Cold's list, and I start by running through all of them!
- Vince: All right, that's Stone Cold Steve Austin...and his remarks...the 1996 WWF King of the Ring.
- Steve: And as far as this championship match is considered, son, I don't give a damn if it's Davey Boy Smith or Shawn Michaels. Steve Austin's time has come, and when I get the shot, you're looking at the next WWF Champion, and that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so!
- Dok Hendrix: [as Austin leaves] Obviously, anything but humble. The fourth prestigious King of the Ring, Stone Cold Steve Austin.
- [Al Snow has just tagged Head]
- Jim Ross: The Head is the legal man. What the hell am I saying?
- [Undertaker and Mankind are fighting on top of the Hell in a Cell]
- Jim Ross: Undertaker fighting back. He's fighting back. They're right above us folks and I don't like it a damn bit!
- Lawler: Oh my god.
- [Undertaker tosses Mankind from the top of the cell all the way down to the Spanish announce table]
- Jim Ross: OH MY GOD!! GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!! GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!! THAT KILLED HIM!!!
- Lawler: Oh my god!
- Jim Ross: AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF!!