Last words in Halo series games
Following is a collection of last words spoken by characters in all Halo series games.
- Oh God! They're trying to get through the door! Security! Intruders in Cryo 2! No, please don't-
- Who: Tech Officer Third Class Samuel Marcus
- Notes: Is shutting down the computers and preparing to evacuate when Elites break down the doors to the room he is in and shoot him. Because you get to skip the tutorial in heroic and legendary mode, you don't see this happening if you are not playing on normal or easy.
- Sam! Sam! C'mon, we've got to get the hell out of here. This way!
- Who: Tech Chief Thom Shephard
- Source: Halo
- Notes: After Sam dies, he leads the Chief out of the freezing chamber and is then killed by an explosion.
- I don't... There! Mira!
- Who: Corporal Manuel Mendoza
- Notes: Mendoza is told to look for any hostiles, and spots a Flood infection form. More arrive and assimilate most of the squad, including Mendez.
- There's too many, Sarge!
- Who: Private Wallace Jenkins
- Notes: Jenkins does not fire his weapon when the Flood attack Sergeant Johnson's team, and a Flood infection form assimilates him. While he does not truly die at that point, these are the last words he actually speaks.
- Get it off! Get it off!
- Who: Private Riley
- Notes: Shortly afterward is totally overtaken by Flood infection forms.
- I... gave you an order, soldier! Now pull out!
- Who: Captain Jacob Keyes
- Notes: Keyes was being assimilated by a Proto-Gravemind. While he was struggeling to keep the Flood from accessing his memories, the Chief and Cortana try to rescue him. The Chief eventually gives him a mercy-kill.
- I don't believe it! They're retreating! We won!
- Who: Unnamed soldier on the Malta.
- Notes: A Covenant bomb on the Malta detonates shortly afterwards, killing everyone on board.
- Earth, to finish what we started. And this time, none of you will be left behind.
- Who: Prophet of Mercy
- Notes: The character had been attacked by a Flood infection form, which Truth would not allow Tartarus to help him with. The Chief pulls the infection form off of Mercy afterwards, but Mercy dies before it is removed.
- Get the hell outta my armory, split-lip!
- Who: Quartermaster
- Notes: The Covenant had invaded the Cairo station. He is shot and killed by an Elite with a plasma rifle before the Chief can rescue him.
- The Elites are blind, Arbiter. I will make them see.
- Who: Sesa 'Refumee (Heretic Leader)
- Notes: Killed in a duel with the Arbiter shortly afterward.
- No, Arbiter! The Great Journey has begun, and the Brutes, not the Elites, shall be the Prophets' escort!
- Who: Tartarus
- Notes: Killed by the Arbiter after he had refused to belive the truth of the Halos.
- Kiss. My. Ass.
- Who: Gunnery Sergeant Reynolds
- Notes: Said while he is being interrogated by Brutes. Not necessarily the character's last words, as he can be saved provided the player is quick enough.
- [Prophet of Truth: You cannot hope to kill them all!] You're right. [She draws her pistol and points it to Johnson's head] [Sergeant Johnson: Do it. Me...then you... Now!] [Thruth shoots Miranda in the back, killing her.] [Sergeant Johnson: No!]
- Who: Miranda Keyes
- Notes: The Prophet of Truth needs a human to activate the Halo array. When Miranda realizes she can't save Johnson or herself, she prepares to shoot Johnson and herself. Due to her hesitation, Truth kills her first.
- I - am - Truth...! The voice of the Covenant! [Arbiter: And so, you must be silenced.]
- Who: Prophet of Truth
- Notes: The character is then stabbed in the chest by the Arbiter.
- Unacceptable! Unacceptable! That is absolutely unacceptable! Protocol dictates action! I see now that helping you was wrong! You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring is mine! I take no pleasure in doing what must be done.
- Who: 04-343 Guilty Spark
- Notes: The character was overseeing the operations of a newly built Halo which was near completion, but required activation due a Flood infestation. Afraid of what the activation might do to the unfinished installation, he in turn tries to kill all of the "reclaimers". He is soon blown apart by the Spartan Laser Master Chief takes from a wounded Johnson.
- Don't - don't let her go. Don't...ever let her go. Send me out... with a bang.
- Who: Sergeant Avery Johnson
- Notes: The character was mortally wounded by 343 Guilty Spark after trying to activate Halo at the cost of destroying the ring and damaging the Ark. He dies after telling how much he and the Master Chief cared for Cortana.
- Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is but the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved... but you imposed.
- Who: Gravemind
- Notes: Character's last lines in Halo 3. It is believed to be dead, due to it's close proximity to the firing of Installation 04B.
- And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a former master. The path ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to keep it stable - keep you safe. I'm not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions. But I would have my masters know that I have changed. And you shall be my example.
- Who: 05-032 Mendicant Bias
- Notes: The character formerly betrayed it's creators, the Forerunners, to the Flood, only to regret it afterwards. Character presumably died after the destruction of Installation 04B destroyed the Ark.
Halo Wars 
Halo: Reach 
- Tell 'em to make it count.
- Who: Chief Warrant Officer Jorge-052 (Noble-5)
- Notes: Jorge is forced to remain on the Covenant corvette to manually activate the Slipspace "bomb", and orders Six to return to Reach to continue fighting. Shortly after the 27-km Covenant supercarrier, to which the corvette has docked for refuleing, has its central section shifted into Slipspace, the main Covenant fleet jumps in.
- Where does he get off calling a demolition op Priority One-
- Who: Lietenant Commander "Kat" Catherine-B320 (Noble-2)
- Notes: The team is attempting to make its way to a fallout shelter in New Alexandria. Kat is abruptly killed by a Needle Rifle shot from a Phantom floating overhead.
- You're on your own, Noble. Carter out.
- Who: Commander Carter-A259 (Noble-1)
- Notes: As Emile and Six attempt to transport Cortana to the human cruiser Pillar of Autumn, the Pelican dropship comes under attack, so Carter orders them to jump off; as they make their way groundside, he provides a distraction; they are later confronted by a Covenant Scarab ultra-heavy weapons platform. Carter crashes the Pelican into the Scarab to destroy it.
- I'm ready! How 'bout you?
- Who: Warrant Officer Emile-A239 (Noble-4)
- Notes: Emile has been impaled by an Elite's energy sword but manages to turn around and stab the alien in the mouth with his knife.
- Negative. I have the gun. Good luck, sir.
- Who: SPARTAN-B312 (Noble-6, player charecter)
- Notes: Emile elected to stay behind on Reach and was manning a massive coilgun protecting the human cruiser Pilar of Autumn when a group of high-ranking Elites kiled him and captured the weapon. As Captain Jacob Keyes picks up the "Package" the NOBLE Team was supposed to deliver, Six refuses to get onto the dropship, as a Covenant battlecruiser bears onto the vulnerable, landed Autumn. The "lone wolf" SPARTAN proceeds to wipe out the Elites, re-take the gun and take down the enemy capital ship to allow the last interstellar-capable craft on the planet to escape; left alone on an occupied planet, Six goes down two hours laterwhile fighting off a horde of enemies single-handedly.
- [Chief: It was my job to take care of you.] We were supposed to take care of each other. And we did. [Chief: Cortana- please... Wait.] Welcome home, John
- Who: Cortana
- Notes: Cortana was already dying of Rampancy. During the fight on the Didact's ship, she split herself into several copies to overload the ship's systems. When the Chief detonated the nuke, Cortana used the last of her strength to teleport him out of the ship and surround him with a hard light bubble. Since most of herself was left behind, she had just enough strength to say goodbye, and use the hard light shield to project a hard light version of her avatar to finally touch John.