LeBron Raymone James (born December 30, 1984) is an American professional basketball player for the Miami Heat of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Nicknamed "King James", he was a three-time "Mr. Basketball" of Ohio in high school, and was highly promoted in the national media as a future NBA superstar while a sophomore at St. Vincent – St. Mary High School. He was selected with the number one pick in the 2003 NBA Draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. He was named the NBA Rookie of the Year in 2003–04, was named the NBA Most Valuable Player in 2009, 2010, and 2012, and has been both an All-NBA selection and an All-Star every season since 2005.
|This sports figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- A LeBron James team is never desperate.
- Michael Lee (May 15, 2008). "A LeBron James Team Is Never Desperate". The Washington Post.
- James after Game 5 of the 2008 Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Boston Celtics.
- I'm only one guy. I took Hedo [Türkoğlu] in the first game and Rashard [Lewis] hit the winning shot. I took Rashard in the second game and Hedo hit the shot. If I could clone myself, we'd be all right. But I can't.
- Jodie Valade (May 25, 2009). "Brown looking for alternatives to slow down Magic offense". The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- James before Game 3 of the 2009 Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Orlando Magic.
- It’s hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them. ... I’m a winner. It’s not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you’re not going to congratulate them. That doesn’t make sense to me. I’m a competitor. That’s what I do. It doesn’t make sense for me to go over and shake somebody’s hand.
- William C. Rhoden (June 1, 2009). "A Handshake Is Not Too Much to Ask, Even From a King". The New York Times.
- James answering why he refuses to shake hand with Dwight Howard.
- This fall, and this was a very tough decision for me, but this fall I will be taking my talents to South Beach and play with the Miami Heat.
- Tom D'Angelo (July 8, 2010). "The King of South Beach: LeBron James will Sign with Miami Heat". The Palm Beach Post.
- James announcing his decision to leave the hometown Cleveland Cavaliers for the Miami.
- Not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven.
- On Stage Interview with Wade, Bosh and James – July 9, 2010. NBA.com (July 10, 2010).
- James predicting a dynasty for the Heat and alluding to multiple NBA championships.
- Crazy. Karma is a bitch. Gets you every time. It's not good to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything!
- Steve Ginsburg (January 12, 2011). "LeBron James sees 'karma' in Cavs rout". ESPN.
- James on Twitter after the Cleveland Cavaliers lost 112–57 to the Los Angeles Lakers.
- All the people that were rooting for me to fail… at the end of the day, tomorrow they have to wake up and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. ... They got the same personal problems they had today. And I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do.
- Steve Ginsburg (June 13, 2011). "James not bothered by those rooting for him to fail". Reuters.
- James addressing fans after losing to the Dallas Mavericks in the 2011 NBA Finals.