Mad Max is an Australian post-apocalyptic action thriller film from 1979 directed by George Miller and written by Miller and Byron Kennedy.
- I'm scared, Fif. You know why? It's that rat circus out there, I'm beginning to enjoy it. Look, any longer out on that road and I'm one of them, ya know? A terminal crazy, except I've got a bronze badge that says I'm one of the good guys. (To Fifi McAffee about his resignation).
- The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel. It'd take you ten minutes to hack through it with this. Now, if you're lucky, you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go!
Jim the Goose
- I don't know, man, I just got here myself. (to a driver after his accident)
- Nothing a year in the tropics wouldn't fix. (to Max after his accident)
- Hey fella, stop! What a turkey. Hey fella, you're a turkey, y'know that? (to the guy escaping from the place where his car was broken by the Toecutter's gang)
- Jimmy the Goose, larger than life and twice as ugly! (after being assisted by Midge, the friend that gave him his car)
- So long as the paperwork's clean, you boys can do what you like out there. (to the MFP officers after Johnny the Boy was released from the Halls of Justice)
- They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well, damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes. (to Max, trying to convince him to not to resign from the MFP)
- The Nightrider, that is his name. (...) Remember him when you look at the night sky. (to the train agent when getting to the Nightrider's coffin)
- We have a problem here. She is not what she seems. Bubba Zanetti has it on good authority. She was sent by the bronze, full of treachery. Bronze, take ("kill" in American version) our pride! (to his gang after seeing Mudguts and Cundalini playing with the mannequin).
- Well, well, well, it's our little mother. That there is Cundalini, and Cundalini wants his hand back. (...) Tell you what, I'll swap you. (to Jessie, as the Toecutter and the gang hold her son hostage)
- We're here to meet a friend. Come in on a train. (to the agent asking for Nightrider's dead body)
- Must have cut his heart out. (to the agent, in relation to involuntary organ donation, when seeing the small coffin)
- Perhaps it's the result of an anxiety. (to a kid that asked a question about the broken car)
- Joviality is a game of children. (to the Toecutter, commenting about the mannequin and two guys from the gang)
- You just don't have the style, do you, chickenshit? Goes to water on a dummy. (to Johnny the Boy after he shot the mannequin)
- Easy. I know what I'm doing. (his last lines; to Toecutter, when fighting with Max on the road)
Johnny the Boy
- If you're gonna waste the Bronze, you gotta do it big! (after shooting the mannequin)
- I can't stand the pain! (to the Toecutter, refusing to burn Jim 'Goose')
- You're mad, man! You think I look silly, don't ya? Ha ha... Don't bring me on this, man! Don't do this to me! Please, sweet Jesus, I was sick! (his last lines; to Max, begging to not to leave him to die; also the movie's last lines)
- Rip the guts out of it. Give it the B-Jesus! (Roop preparing to fire to Nightrider's car)
- Push me, shove you! Oh yeah, says who? (Mudguts and Cundalini making a little parody in the town)
- That's what hurts. It's one of our V-8's. Pursuit Special on methane. Very toey! (Sarse telling Roof about the car that the Nightrider drives -"Super hot!", instead of "Very toey!" in the American version-).
- I'm a fuel-injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am an out-of-controller! (Nightrider's rant over the police radio).