Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is a 2006 video game, produced by Activison and written by C.B. Cebulski. The game is based on superhero characters appearing in Marvel Comics. The player controls a team of superheroes who work under the command of Nick Fury to battle Doctor Doom.
- (Explaining his origin) The day my father Odin banished me from Asgard, I was bitten by a radioactive vampire and had radioactive waste dumped over my eyes. To make matters worse, my mutant ability to control weather activated just as I was hit by a blast of gamma radiation. Nah, actually I got this way by volunteering for the Weapon X program. They promised to cure my cancer. And they cured it all right, by giving me an outrageous healing factor. Then they labeled me psychotic and tossed me into a prison lab. So I escaped and became what some people might call a "mercenary". I prefer the title "cleaner of the gene-pool".
[The scene begins at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier U.N.N. Alpha, which is under attack]
- Nick Fury: What the hell is goin' on here? Where's our air support? Get those forward guns going! Why aren't those rear batteries firing? Somebody get General Wilson on the horn!
- Doom: [on the screen] Colonel Fury.
- Nick Fury: Doom. I'll have your head for this.
- Doom: I have little time for your pretty threats, Colonel. Surrender your ship now, or I shall destroy it.
- Nick Fury: Not on my watch. [After touching some bottons on his glove; talking to a microphone on it] This is a priority alert to all meta-humans. U.N.N. Alpha request inmediate assistance.
[Spider-Man, Captain America and Wolverine are teleported by Thor]
- Captain America: Thor, take care of those gunships! Spider-Man, draw them towards the stern!
- Spider-Man: Sure thing. [Attached his webs to a flying gunship.] I just love being the target. [Webs the gunship] WOOHOO!
- Captain America: Wolverine...!
- Wolverine: Stow it boy scout. I don't take orders from you. [Jumps, takes out his claws and attacks the pilot and the gunmen of a gunship]
[Thor destroys a gunship of Ultron warriors with his enchanted hammer Mjolnir and is struck on the back.]
- Thor: Souless machine! How dare you strike the son of Odin! [With his hammer he destroys the gunship]
- Spider-Man: [After seeing Thor] Show off. [Crawls at the top of a gunship and gets to the pilot] Ah, excuse me. Is this the ferry to Stanton Island? [The pilot tries to attack him, but Spidey dodges his punch and webs a pair of gunmen to crash them each other; realizing the gunship is going to crash] Oh-oh. [Jumps where Captain America is fighting, before the gunship hits the Helicarrier]
- Spider-Man: Hey Cap, looks like you-whoa! [Dodges Cap's shield and sees how he finish the robots by his own] ...could use some help. [After seeing how Wolverine is destroying all the robots on one gunship, while he laughs and crashes] That dude scares me.
[Captain America, Thor and Spider-Man regroup with Wolverine, who has survived the crash with no great deal of harm, save for a piece of metal in his side which he removes.]
- Wolverine: [after realizing the three are looking at him] What are you girls looking at?
[Spider-Man, Wolverine, Thor and Captain America find themselves in a white, foggy room after a confrontation with Dr. Doom, who seemingly destroyed them with powers of the Norse God Odin]
- Spider-Man: Am I dead? Why does heaven smell like a wet dog? Oh, wait. Never mind.
- Wolverine: [growls]
[The booming sound of Uatu the Watcher sounds behind the heroes. Wolverine unsheathes his claws from the surprise.]
- Uatu: I am Uatu, the Watcher. I prevented your deaths, for you are needed to save this universe. Listen closely, mortals. Doctor Doom's unrestrained use of Odin's power will soon tear the fabric of reality beyond repair. I have broken my sacred vow to only observe so that I may give you this one chance to save your world.
- Thor: Who can stand against the power of Odin? Even the mighty Gods of Asgard have fallen!
- Captain America: Doom;s power seems unlimited, but you must know a way to stop him.
- Uatu: Yes, there is a chance. But, it will be difficult. First, you must acquire a shard of the M'Krann Crystal, a Shi'ar gem of fantastic power. Next, you must acquire another object of great power, and it will take all your strength and skill. You must face the world-eater known as Galactus.
- Active Hero: You seem a little tense.
- Spider-Man: Gee, I can't see why... Dr. Doom's in control of an army of supervillains and the Black Widow is working for him.
- Active Hero: It's not that bad.
- Spider-Man: Are you off your meds? The only thing that would make this worse is if the Earth would be destroyed to make way for an intergalactic highway!
- Active Hero: Do you really think the Black Widow's a traitor?
- Spider-Man: Of course she is. Hey, I've been at this superhero game long enough to know that the hot chicks always turn evil... Probably because evil pays better.
- Active Hero: Why don't you tell Colonel Fury about her?
- Spider-Man: If one of Nick's little S.H.I.E.L.D. agents has turned to the dark side, then Nicky'll have to figure it out for himself.
- Active Hero: It's your responsibility to tell Colonel Fury about the Black Widow.
- Spider-Man: No, it isn't.
- Active Hero: Yes, it is. You have great power, and with great power there must also come...
- Spider-Man: [angered] If you finish that sentence, I'm gonna put so much web in your hair you'll have to shave your head!
- Ancient One: Who would dare disturb my meditation?
- Deadpool: Grampy! Is that you? Wow, you got a lot older. And uglier too!
- Ancient One: You buffoon! I am not your grandfather! I am the Ancient One, teacher of Dr. Strange.
- Deadpool: Are you sure? You're really grouchy just like Grampy was.
- Ancient One: Yes, I am quite certain I am not related to you, you idiot!
- Deadpool: Gee, Grampy used to call me that. Usually after I woke him up from a nap by shoving an ice cube down the back of his shirt.
- Ancient One: Please be silent! I know that you heroes have banded together to battle the Masters of Evil. Let Dr. Strange know that I will be watching over you.
- Deadpool: I'll tell him. Thanks, Grampy!
- Bullseye: If it isn't my old buddy Daredevil! Hope you aren't still angry over me killin' your gal pal Elektra.
- Daredevil: Bullseye, I'm not a vengeful man... but in your case, I'd make an exception.
- Bullseye: Hey, it's not like I did it for fun! I had to prove I was a better assassin than Elektra!
- Daredevil: You proved a lot of things that day. None of them good. Now get out of my way. We have to use that navigation console.
- Bullseye: You aren't stopping that missile I launched because I hold the only access card to the computer!
- Daredevil: I can't see how it's going to be a problem taking that card away from an egotistical blowhard like you.
- Bullseye: Now there you go gettin' angry at me. I just hate it when people get angry... It makes me all... violent!
- Daredevil: Then come on. Try getting violent with me.
- Baron Mordo: This is an outrage! How dare Loki and Doom leave us behind!! I'll not stand for it!!!
- Ultron: This is not an unforeseen outcome. They now each get what they desire without having to share the spoils with us.
- Baron Mordo: We'll just see about that. All we have to do is guess which spear is truly Odin's. That will open the barrier.
- Ultron: Can you use your power of mind control to get the Elf to choose for us?
- Baron Mordo: It is all too simple for the Master of Magic. Go, Elf. Choose a spear for your master Baron Mordo.
- Ultron: An unfortunate outcome.
- Active Hero: What's wrong? Outlived your usefulness to Loki and Doom?
- Baron Mordo: How did you get here? You shouldn't have been able to cross the bridge!
- Ultron: Evidence suggests differently. Let us battle them!
- Loki: My, my, my, what an unexpected surprise. But don't you know it's not safe up here on Raven's Peak... at least not for the likes of you.
- Active Hero: You've got nowhere to run, Loki. Hand over Odin now.
- Loki: Sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what's happened to Daddy dearest. You see, Dr. Doom has him.
- Active Hero: Then what are you doing here?
- Loki: I seek to take control of the Destroyer Armor. But I require four god-swords to free it from its prison of ice.
- Active Hero: What's the Destroyer Armor?
- Loki: It is a magical shell created by Odin. The wearer's consciousness is pulled inside, leaving their body outside, in a frozen state. The Destroyer Armor is so powerful that even the mighty Thor cannot defeat it.
- Active Hero: Then we'll just have to stop you before you succeed.
- Loki: I invite you to do your best, but know this... I will possess the Destroyer Armor!
- Scorpion: I was hoping I could find someone being a hero. Seems like I hit the jackpot.
- Active Hero: Scorpion! What are you doing here?
- Scorpion: I'm working for the biggest group of villians this world has ever seen. The Masters of Evil.
- Active Hero: Who's in charge?
- Scorpion: That's the best part of all. We're led by the man himself... Doctor Doom.
- Active Hero: What's he want with this Heli-carrier?
- Scorpion: If you only knew. cause Doom's got a plan that's gonna shake the heavens.
- Active Hero: Talk, Scorpion or you're in for a world of hurt.
- Scorpion: You wanna get tough, punk?! Good. Cause so do I.