- Absolution is an album about relationships between you and the other things, whether its you and God, or you and your girlfriend...
- Matthew Bellamy on the 3rd album, Absolution.
- Dom wants to be a stadium rock drummer and have a sweat towel tech...
- Matt told NME in 2001.
- Although I've never been into doing guitar solos. There's something very uncool about them.
- Matt interview by Total Guitar on July 2000.
- I watched someone shot a cow in the bollocks.
- Matt on his childhood experiences in a Q magazine interview.
- Some people will think it's a load of pretentious wank, and some people will like it because its different...
- Matt after recording Origin of Symmetry.
- The buzz comes from getting extremely nervous before we go on [stage]. I'm really nervous now, already. I think that when you get to half an hour before, the nerves turn into adrenalin. I'm nervous all day pretty much. It turns into pure excitement, as opposed to just shitting yourself...
- Matt before going on stage in front of 14,000 people. Manchester, 2003.
- Being impregnated by an alien and giving birth. It'd be awful to give birth to a freak so you'd have to hide it away from everyone but still bring it up as your own.
- Matt when he was asked about what was his greatest fear by NME in 2000.
- Most bands release a live album when they become old and fat. We wanted to be different.
- Matt on the release of live album Hullabaloo Soundtrack.
- I find her music completely offensive for a start and I'm sure our fans do as well.
- Matt on Celine Dion's music.
- Merci beaucoup. This is our last song now, (Dom - Thank you), Thank you very much indeed. We're doing a tour, coming back in.. ahh, get a grip. (Chris - It's Gone) Lost the plot. I've lost the plot, I've lost the fucking plot mate. what? What? Say it. You wanna say something? (Dom - No) Say something quick. I never know what to say in case you hadn't noticed. I never know what to say, just make a dick of myself everytime. (Dom - Anyway, this song is called Bliss, bye bye)
- Matt confusing the crowd and band mates in 2001, Route du Rock 2001.
- What kind of effect do you think your music will have on My Chemical Romance fans? [when Muse supported MCR]
Um, you know, take them to a higher level [laughs hysterically].
- Matt in an interview by Live 105 Studios.
- Have you had any celebrity fans coming to the shows?
Paris Hilton [came] to the LA show, too. But she left during Knights of Cydonia, which is the first song on the set. If we're offending Paris Hilton we must be doing something right.
- Matt in an interview by Q Magazine.
- (Muttering) (Dom - It's you pissing around on the piano) Eh? Obviously, so you're saying it's my fault for pissing around on the piano. Was I pissing around on the piano? (Dom - Yeah) I wasn't fucking pissing. (Dom - (bangs)) You know what, I've had it with you lot, I've had enough of you both. It'll be much better.
- Matt and Dom arguing. Watch
- "we try to keep the assistance the computers can give us to a minimum, to almost nothing so i think its much more difficult to try and physically do something yourself and get a computer to fix it, cuz you can.. now a days, now a days you can play things on the drums, on the guitar, vocal and get a computer to repair all the mistakes, you know but, mistakes is what makes us who we are, so ugh...i keep the mistakes in there."
- Matthew Bellamy,MCM Interview 2000
- What would you do if you are the only man left on earth after the End of The World?"
I'd go looking for a woman...If I wouldn't find any, I think I'll be satisfied with Dominic."
- Matthew Bellamy: "You know..if you develop a kind of... a closeness with a person your opposite sex, it can, it can ..can develop.."
- Dom Howard: "Are you talkin' about love?"
- Matthew Bellamy: *giggles* "Yeah Maybe."
- Dom Howard: "Awwww."