Tis a bit inaccurate
Saying "[not to] submit copyrighted work without permission" is a bit "unfitting" here since technically you sorta "can" here, within our limits. I suggest that this be changed a bit to fit with our scope and all.
- For testing, please use the sandbox.
- You're encouraged to create, expand, and improve upon articles; however, bad edits to articles are watched for and will be removed.
Copyright can still be claimed on selection and presentation of fair use content, DO NOT COPY AND PASTE LISTS OF QUOTES FROM OTHER WEBSITES OR ANYWHERE ELSE WITHOUT PERMISSION
- All other text or presentation elements not part of the material used under fair use will be irrevocably licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- If you do not want your contribution to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, do not submit it.
ViperSnake151 20:14, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
- This MediaWiki hook is obsolete, and is no longer displayed on the edit page.
As of July 2009, the messages displayed on the edit page are:
- MediaWiki:Wikimedia-copyrightwarning (above edit summary)
- MediaWiki:Wikimedia-editpage-tos-summary (below save/preview buttons)
See Meta:Licensing update/Implementation#Terms for edit screen for further information. ~ Ningauble 16:06, 3 July 2009 (UTC)