|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Let's turn inflation over to the post office. That'll slow it down.
- Quoted in Richard Severo, "Morris K. Udall, Fiercely Liberal Congressman, Dies at 76," The New York Times (1998-12-14)
- When the Democratic Party forms a firing squad, we form a circle.
- I'm a one-eyed Mormon Democrat from conservative Arizona, and you can't have a higher handicap than that.
- Everything has been said but not everyone has said it.
- If nominated, I shall run to Mexico. If elected, I shall fight extradition.
- On running for president in 1984. Some reports say he said "Canada" rather than "Mexico."
- I have learned the difference between a cactus and a caucus. On a cactus, the pricks are on the outside.
- What's the difference between a pigeon and an Iowa farmer? A pigeon can still make a deposit on a tractor.
- While criticizing the economy on the campaign trail in 1976.
- The people have spoken, the bastards.
- After finishing second in the fifth presidential primary in a row.