Mystic River (film)
- We bury our sins here, Dave. We wash them clean.
- You do death alone, but I coulda helped her with the dyin' part.
- Thanks for finding my daughters killers, Sean. If only you'd been a little faster.
- Is that my daughter in there?!
- Are you gonna send Celeste Boyle 500 a month, too?
- I'm not your bitch, Dave.
- I'm sorry. I need you to know that.
- What the fuck am I gonna tell him? "God said you owed another marker. Came to collect."
- How's that Sprite looking, Sean?
- Maybe some day you forget what it's like to be human and maybe then, it's ok.
- Sean: Sometimes I think... I think all three of us got in that car. And all of this is just a dream, you know?
- Jimmy: A dream, sure.
- Sean: In reality, we're still eleven year-old boys locked in a cellar imagining what our lives woulda been like if we'd escaped.
- Jimmy: Maybe you're right. Who the fuck knows?
- Annabeth: Celeste called looking for you. She was worried something might happen. She told me about Dave. Told me what she told you. What kind of wife says those things about her husband? And why'd she run to you?
- Jimmy: Why didn't you call?
- Annabeth: Because it's like I told the girls. Their daddy is a king. And a king knows what to do and does it. Their daddy will do whatever he has to for those he loves. Even when it's hard. And that's all that matters. Because everyone else is weak, Jimmy. Everyone but us. We will never be weak. And you... You could rule this town.
- Sean: So Jimmy, when was the last time you saw Dave?
- Jimmy: The last time I saw Dave...
- Sean: Yeah, Dave Boyle.
- Jimmy: Dave Boyle...
- Sean: Yeah, Jimmy, Dave Boyle.
- Jimmy: That was twenty-five years ago, going up this street, in the back of that car.
- Jimmy: I just can't let anything get fucked up in these next few days, cause that's all anybody will remember about. There's one thing you could say about Katie even when she was little - that girl was neat. When I got outta the joint, you know, after Marita died, I remember I was more afraid of my little daughter than I ever was of bein' in prison. I loved her, the most. 'Cause when we were sittin' in that kitchen that night, it was like we were the last two people on earth. You know, forgotten, unwanted. And it's really startin' to piss me off, Dave, because I can't cry for her. My own little daughter and I can't even cry for her.
- Dave: Jimmy... You're crying now.
- Jimmy: I just want to hug her one more time. She was nineteen fuckin' years old.
- Sean: I'm sorry. I need you to know that. I pushed you away.
- Lauren: I'm sorry, too. Things have been so messed up. Loving you, hating you...
- Sean: Come home?
- Lauren: You... You change the locks or anything?
- Sean: No, no. Everything is the way you left it.
- Lauren: Nora.
- Sean: What's that?
- Lauren: Nora. That's our daughters name, Sean.
- Sean: Nora? Well, I like that. Nora.
- Jimmy: I killed Dave. I killed him and I threw him into Mystic. But I killed the wrong man. That's what I've done. And I can't undo it.
- Annabeth: Shh, Jimmy. Shh. I wanna feel your heart. Last night, when I put the girls to bed, I told them how big your heart was. I told them how much you loved Katie.
- Jimmy: Annabeth.
- Annabeth: Because you created her. And, sometimes your love for her was so big, it was like your heart felt like it was gonna explode.
- Jimmy: Please stop.
- Annabeth: I told them their daddy loved them that much, too. That he had four hearts and they were all filled up and aching with a love that meant we would never have to worry. And that their daddy would do whatever he had to for those he loved. And that is never wrong. That can never be wrong, no matter what he had to do. And those girls fell asleep in peace.
- Sean Penn - Jimmy Markum
- Tim Robbins - Dave Boyle
- Kevin Bacon - Sean Devine
- Laurence Fishburne - Whitey Powers
- Marcia Gay Harden - Celeste Boyle
- Laura Linney - Annabeth Markum
- Kevin Chapman - Val Savage
- Tom Guiry - Brendan Harris
- Emmy Rossum - Katie Markum
- Andrew Mackin - John O'Shea
- Adam Nelson - Nick Savage
- Robert Wahlberg - Kevin Savage
- Jenny O'Hara - Esther Harris