- (on her DUI) I have a responsibility, and it's something that I did wrong, and if I could personally apologize to every single person that has lost a loved one from drunk driving I would. And unfortunately, I can't, but this is my way of paying my dues and taking responsibility and being an adult. 
- When my dad divorced my mom it was kind of like him leaving me also. I just really didn't understand why he wasn't returning my phone calls, or why I couldn't see him whenever I wanted to. That was the most hurtful thing to me. 
- I’m very happy with my life and I wouldn’t take back any mistake I’ve made because it’s made me who I am today. I don’t walk around pretending that I’m perfect, so I don’t think that anyone else should hold me to that and not expect me to fuck up occasionally. Because I do, and you do, too. 
- I don’t trust valets, waiters — nobody. I don’t waste my time anymore trying to figure out who leaks things to the press.
- It’s not me that’s obsessed with my weight, it’s everyone else. I know that I’m healthy, so I don’t really feel the need to answer to anyone. I’ve never substituted a meal for a salad in my life.
- My plan was not to be a celebrity. My plan was to be a singer and an entertainer. I wanted to go to NYU, major in musical theater, do Broadway, and come out with an album. Unfortunately, I started fucking up when I was in my teens.
- I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't really thin at one point, because I was. But it had nothing to do with not eating. I'm not saying that I have more problems than everyone else, but people's weight fluctuates, and five or ten pounds is a lot on me.
- I'm bustier now, and I really don't like it. It doesn't really fit with my wardrobe, it's not who I am. I am not someone who is used to wearing a bra or having to wear a bra I really don't like it. I like wearing vintage hippy see-through shirts that aren't slutty on me because there's nothing to look at. Now I have boobs so I can't really wear it because it sends out a different message. 
The Truth About Diamonds (2005)
- Guys are so transparent most of the time. Unless, of course, they're dating you, in which case they are utter mysteries.
- p. 15
- When you grow up in Bel Air and shop only in expensive boutiques on Rodeo and Robertson, you develop a kind of allergy to anything unpretty -clothes, cars... even people... you start thinking that if you hang around unattractive people, their homeliness can be contagious.
- p. 48
- Oh my god. I just hung around with an unpretty person. Excuse me while I go home to scrub myself with expensive body wash and a pink loofah, to rid myself of the unpretty germs.
- p. 48
- ... It sucked. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. I couldn't even shop. Actually that's not true. I had gotten this amazing Marni backless dress down at Barneys the day before-but I didn't go really crazy like normal.
- p. 51
- All the boys in rehab are totally available because their girlfriends have all given up on them. It's fantastic.
- p. 115
- She didn't want to know how much Ray had paid for it because that had nothing to do with its real value.
- p. 222
- They may signify wealth, but they can actually mean so much more-like committment, family, and love. And there's nothing like a perfect diamond to remind you that you'll never be perfect - the truth is, all you can do is try.
- p. 224
- I've just gone through so much in my life that pulling my top up just doesn't seem like that big a deal.
- Anytime I am around a male body part it is kind of exiting.
- The great thing about The Simple Life is that it's a reality show but not based on my reality... It has nothing to do with my life or my home or my relationships or anything. I'm not open to anything like that.
- I would never put my own personal marriage on television.
- She (Simone in The Truth About Diamonds) is tall and she had lost a mobile device. She lost a cell phone but Paris lost a sidekick.
- I was like a trash can -I took everything.
- When I found out that I was pregnant, there was just something inside of me that felt a responsibility to mend any issues that I've had with my parents in the past, because, listen, I've put them through a lot.
- (On Paris Hilton) We just grew apart. I mean it's been over the course of a few years and it's something that's not even that big of a deal to me. The only time I even think about it is when it's brought up in interviews. It's a lot more serious in the press than it actually is in real life, yes.
- (On The Simple Life) It sounded like a lot of fun and, you know what, it was a lot of fun. Filming it is a lot of fun and I'm really happy that I got the opportunity to do it. I love the producers and the directors and, you know, it's a really fun show.
- Harlow came out and I knew she looked like me, and I was holding her, and it was something so much bigger than me. Now she looks a little more like Joel, but when she was born, it looked like Joel had nothing to do with it! But it's almost like I don't even remember what life was like before her. She gives life a whole new meaning and a whole new purpose.
- I’ve been in really good relationships, and I’ve been in really bad ones, but the one thing that stands out about Adam (Goldstein) is that I can be myself.
- I don't like sugar.
- I was the one that put myself in rehab. I was the one that went to my parents and said, you know, "I have a problem and I need to take care of it." And, if I had a problem, then I would take care of it. And one thing I've always been, I've been a lot of things but one thing I've always been is honest and I would never lie and say that I didn't have a problem if I did.
- You just kind of press the delete button on people that are not good for you.
- The older you get, the more you realize you need a handful of good, close, tight friends.
- I was scared that my weight loss could be something more serious because it wasn’t making any sense to me - I really was trying. So I had thyroid tests and all that. I do recognize that I have a problem and I want to be responsible and fix it, and I’m on that path now.
- I'm not judgemental, but I can judge mentals.
- I'm a social shopper. I like to do it while I'm hanging with my friend... If I'm out and I pass a store, I just pop in.
- I think there are things that everyone wants to change about their body.
- When I leave the house during the day, I'm in sweats, tennis shoes and no make-up. In fact, I never wear make-up during the day and I don't do much with my hair except just throw it in a bun or ponytail.
- I used to want a bigger chest, but now I like being flat. Clothes fit better, and I don't really need to wear a bra.
- How is lego land safe if all the rides are made of lego?*
The Simple Life (2003-2007)
- Paris Hilton: That bacon smells good.
- Nicole Richie: Yea... They probably killed it this morning.
- Nicole: Isn't a taxidermist a place that skins animals?
- Paris: Then why'd we bring Tinkerbell?
- Nicole: The only thing getting plucked around here are my eyebrows [after being asked to pluck a chicken].
- Nicole: [babysitting] Okay, it says here no profanity, so that means we can't say "fuck" or "shit" around you. Oh! No sweets after eight.
- Paris: Here ya go. [Paris tosses her a candy bar]
- Nicole: Will you say "Bitch"?
- Maggie-Dot: I can't.
- Nicole: Okay... what word rhymes with "witch"?
- Unromantic Naval Officer: [reciting a poem for his wife that Nicole wrote] I love my Gail. If that's a crime, then I'll go to jail. It doesn't matter the price of bail. Because you make my heart sail. Sail like a naval boat. I'll keep you warm like an oil skin coat. Without you I'm a lost little goat. I love you, I love you, I do love you... Booh-yah.
- Nicole: [while Paris is spraying almost the entire can of lysol into the stinky truck] Enough. Do you want to smell like that dear?
- Paris: Yes.
- Nicole: Where the fuck is my purse? My purse is in here...I'm going to pour BLEACH all over it!
- Nicole: Work it Bitch!
- Dad: Hey you're not supposed to be saying that.
- Nicole: Smack that ass!
- Dad: Smack that what?
- Nicole: (raps) Check it! We've all got one you can't deny, you're mutha's there for you til ya (bleep) die, so wake up sucka before I beat your ass.
- Nicole: My very sophisticated French ballet teacher told me you always have to moon them to thank them and fart on their face.
- Nicole: I found it suprising and sexy that a modern woman like Becky can stay at home and take care of all her family and man's needs. I still feel that she needs a sexy maid outfit to really make the cleaning and cooking sexier.
- Nicole: (After minorly crashing a stroller) This stroller's retarded.
- Madden, Pregnancy Made Richie Change Her Ways Interview with Diane Sawyer, August 2, 2007 (March 6, 2008)
- Lionel Richie and Daughter Nicole on Fame, Drugs and Divorce Interview with Oprah Winfrey, May 21, 2004 (March 6, 2008)
- THE LITTLEST REBEL: NICOLE RICHIE Nylon, August 2007. (March 6, 2008)
- Richie, Nicole (2008). Excerpts from Nicole Richie’s UK Marie Claire interview (html). Richiefan (Nicole Richie fansite). Retrieved on 2008-03-06.
- Harper's Bazaar (2008). Partners In Crime (html). Harper'sBazaar. Retrieved on 2008-03-06.
- "Actress Nicole Richie doesn't want bigger breasts". Entertainment.oneindia.in. March 2008. Retrieved on 2008-03-07.