Noel Gallagher (born May 29, 1967) is the former lead songwriter, guitarist and sometime lead-singer with the British rock band Oasis. He left the band in August 2009. His brother Liam Gallagher was also in Oasis.
- 1 Sourced
- 2 Attributed
- 3 External links
- "I live my life in the city / There's no easy way out / The day's moving just too fast for me"
- "I live my life for the stars that shine/People say it's just a waste of time."
- "In my mind my dreams are real"
- "You're not down with who I am / look at you now, you're all in my hands tonight" (Rock'n'Roll Star)
- "Maybe you're the same as me / We see things they'll never see / You and I are gonna live forever. (Live Forever)
- "Tell me how high / Do you think you'll go / Before you start falling?"
- "The people here / They don't hear you calling"
- "How does it feel / When you're inside me?" (Up In The Sky)
- "There we were / Now here we are / All this confusion / Nothing's the same to me"
- "I can't tell you the way I feel / because the way I feel is also new to me" (Columbia)
- "I need to be myself / I can't be no-one else"
- "You can have it all but how much do you want it?" (Supersonic)
- "You're the outcast / You're the underclass / But you don't care / Because you're living fast"
- "You're the uninvited guest that stays to the end."
- "I'll be scraping your life from the sole of my shoe tonight" (Bring It On Down)
- "These could be the best days of our lives / but I don't think we've been living very wise." Digsy's Dinner)
- "I was looking for some action / but all I found was cigarettes and alcohol"
- "Is it worth the aggravation to find yourself a job when there's nothing worth working for?"
- "You might as well do the white line" (Cigarettes and Alcohol)
- "I dream of you / And all the things you say / I wonder where you are now"
- "I need you now / You've knocked me off my feet"
- "We talk of going old / But you say "Please don't"
- "Let me be the one / Who shines with you / In the morning / We don't know what to do" (Slide Away)
- "I hate the way that you are so sarcastic, and you're not very bright. You think that everything you've done's fantastic, your music's shite it keeps me up all night."
- "And it will be nice to be alone, for a week or two, but I know then I will be right, right back here with you" (Married With Children)
(What's the Story) Morning Glory?
- "Life is a game we play"
- "The years are falling by like the rain" (Hello)
- "You've got to say what you say / Don't let anybody get in your way" (Roll With It)
- "I don't believe that anybody / Feels the way I do / About you now"
- "All the roads that lead you there are winding / And all the lights that light the way are blinding"
- "There are many things that I would like to say to you / But I don't know how.
- "Maybe / You're gonna be the one that saves me" (Wonderwall)
- "Slip inside the eye of your mind / don't you know you might find / A better place to play"
- "So I'll start a revolution from my bed / Because you said the brains I had went to my head."
- "Please don't put you're life in the hands / Of a rock 'n' roll band / Who'll throw it all away" (Don't Look Back In Anger)
- "I took a walk with my fame down memory lane / I never did find my way back"#
- "Feel no shame / 'coz time's no chain" (Hey Now)
- "Some might say that sunshine follows thunder / Go and tell it to the man who cannot shine / Some might say that we should never ponder / On our thoughts today 'cos they hold sway over time"
- "Some might say / We will find a brighter day"
- "Some might say they don't believe in heaven / Go and tell it to the man who lives in hell" (Some Might Say)
- "Here's a thought for every man who's tried to understand what's in his hands"
- "Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say / Chained to all the places that he never wished to stay / As he faced the sun, he cast no shadow."
- "As they took his soul they stole his pride" (Cast No Shadow)
- "All your dreams are made / When you're chained to the mirror and the razor blade" (Morning Glory)
- "She's got a sister / God only knows how I missed her / And on the palm of her hand is a blister"
- "She's got a brother / We don't get on with one another / But I quite fancy her mother / And I think that she likes me"
- "She's got one in the oven / But it's nothing to do with me" (She's Electric)
- "How many special people change? / How many lives are living strange? / Where were you while we were getting high?"
- "People believe that they're gonna get away for the summer/ But you and I/ We live and die/ The world still spins around we don't know why."
- "Someday you will find me, caught beneath the landslide / In a champagne supernova in the sky." (Champagne Supernova)
Be Here Now
- "I met my maker / I made him cry / And on my shoulder / He asked me why / His people won't fly / Through the storm / I said listen up man, they don't even know you're born"
- "All my people / Right here, right now / D'you know what I mean?"
- "Coming in a mess / Going out in style / I ain't good looking / But I'm someone's child"
- "No one can give me the air that's mine to breathe" (D'You Know What I Mean)
- "Round this town you've ceased to be / That's what you get for sleeping with the enemy"
- "Guess who's gonna take the blame for my big mouth"
- "Into my big mouth / You could fly a plane" (My Big Mouth)
- "I'll have my way, in my own time / I'll have my say, my star will shine." (Magic Pie)
- "Made a meal and threw it up on Sunday / I've got a lot of things to learn"
- "What's the matter with you? / Sing me something new"
- "The cold and wind and rain don't know / They only seem to come, and go away"
- "Stand by me / Nobody knows the way it's going to be"
- "There is one thing I can never give you / My heart will never be your home" (Stand By Me)
- "The future's mine and it's no disgrace, cos in the end the past means nothing."
- "I feel a little down today, and I ain't got much to say"
- "And if I stumble, catch me when I fall / 'Cause, baby, after all / You'll never forget my name."(I Hope, I Think, I Know)
- "Would you maybe / Come dancing with me / 'Cos to me it doesn't matter if your hopes and dreams are shattered" (The Girl In The Dirty Shirt)
- "And I want to be there when you're coming down / And I want to be there when you hit the ground"
- "Don't go away / Say what you say / Say that you'll stay... because I need more time just to make things right"
- "Damn my education / I can't find the words to say" (Don't Go Away)
- "Me and you, what's going on?/All we seem to know/Is how to show, the feelings that are wrong"
- Maybe the songs that we sing are wrong / Maybe the dreams that we dream are gone / So bring it on home and it won't be long / It's gettin' better man! (It's Getting Better (Man!))
- "It's a bit early in the midnight hour for me / To go through all the things that I want to be"
- "Take me away / 'Cos I just don't want to stay / And the lies you make me say / Are getting deeper every day"
- "If you're lost at sea / Well I hope that you drownd"
- "Please don't cry / Never say die" (All Around The World)
Standing on the Shoulder of Giants
- "Is it any wonder why Princes & Kings / Are clowns that caper in their sawdust rings / When ordinary people who are like you and me / Are the builders of their destiny." (Go Let It Out)
- "Thank you for the sun / The one that shines on everyone / Who feels love." (Who Feels Love)
- "What tongueless ghost of sin crept through my curtains?."
- "My family don't seem so familiar / And my enemies all know my name."
- "You better get on your knees and pray / Panic is on the way"
- "My eyes are dead / My throat's like a black hole / And if there's a God / Would he give another chancer / An hour to sing for his soul?" (Gas Panic)
- "You know that feeling you get / You feel you're older than time?"
- "Do you keep the receipts for the friends that you buy?"
- "And I hope you know / That it won't let go / It sticks around with you until the day you die."
- "I hope the tears don't stain the world that waits outside." (Where Did It All Go Wrong?)
- "When yer lonely and you start to hear/The little voices in your head at night/You will only sniff away the tears/So you can dance until the mornings light"
- "And in your head, do you feel what your not supposed to feel?"
- "You need more time / 'Cos your thoughts and words won't last forevermore" (Sunday Morning Call)
- "God gave me a soul / And your rock 'n' roll"
- "In and out my brain / And running through my vein / You're my sunshine / You're my rain" (The Hindu Times)
- "You look like a faded picture / I see the cracks forming on your skin"
- "For smoking all my stash / For burning all my cash.. It's all over town that the sun's / Going down on the days / Of your easy life" (Force of Nature)
- "Why you scared? / You'll never change what's been and done"
- "All of the stars / Have faded away / Just try not to worry / You'll see them someday / Take what you need / And be on your way / And stop crying your heart out" (Stop Crying Your Heart Out)
- "We dream our dream alone with no resistance / Fading like the stars we wish to be"
- "True perfection has to be imperfect"
- "My God woke up on the wrong side of his bed"
- "Little by little / We gave you everything you ever dreamed of / And little by little / the wheels of your life have slowly fallen off" (Little by Little)
Don't Believe the Truth
- "You get your mucky fingers burnt / You get your truth from the lies that you've learnt"
- "Fed up with life in the city / 'Cos all the phonies have blown my mind"
- "It's all mine!" (Mucky Fingers)
- "I've waited for a thousand years / For you to come and blow me out my mind"
- "The world around us makes me feel so small"
- "If you can't hear me call / Then I can't say, Lyla / Heaven help you catch me if I fall" (Lyla)
- "My girlfriend called me the other night / She said 'Boy, you lazy'"
- "I don't mind / As long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shine / I'll be fine"
- "I can't get a life if my heart's not in it"
- "I lost my faith in the summertime / 'Cos it don't stop raining"
- "I begged my doctor for one more line / He said 'son, words fail me / It ain't your place to be killing time' / I guess I'm just lazy" (The Importance of Being Idle)
- "Suddenly I found that I'd lost my way in this city / The streets and the thousands of faces all bleed into one"
- "I'm having trouble just finding some soul in this town"
- "It's all they can do to be part of the queue"
- "'There'll be no tomorrow' they say / Well I say 'More's the pity'" (Part of the Queue)
Dig Out Your Soul
- "Gold and silver and sunshine is rising up" (Bag it Up)
- "I still don't know what I was waiting for / A big love to fall down from the sky"
- "Heaven must have sent you / To save me from the rapture" (Waiting for the Rapture)
- "I'm over my heart's desire / I feel cold, but I'm back in the fire"
- "Love is a litany / A magical mystery / And all in good time" (The Shock of the Lightning)
- "We live a dying dream / If you know what I mean" (Falling Down)
- "Take the time to make some sense / Of what you want to say / And cast your words away upon the waves"
- "Dance if you wanna dance, please brother take a chance / You know we're gonna go which way we wanna go / All we know is that we don't know how it's gonna be, please brother let it be / Life, on the other hand, won't make you understand / We're all part of the masterplan."
- "I'm not saying right is wrong / It's up to us to make the best of all the things that come our way" (The Masterplan)
- "All your dreams are made of strawberry lemonade / And you make sure I eat today" (Talk Tonight)
- "My body feels young but my mind is very old"
- "So what do you say / You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway / You're half the world away"
- "I've been lost, I've been found / But I don't feel down" (Half the World Away)
- "We need each other / We believe in one another / And I know we're gonna uncover / What's sleeping in our souls" (Acquiesce)
- "When I was young I though I had my own key / I knew exactly what I wanted to be / Now I'm sure / You've boarded up every door"
- "While we're living / The dreams we had as children fade away" (Fade Away)
- "Day by day there's a man in a suit / Who's gonna make you pay / For the thoughts that you think and the words / They won't let you say
- "I don't believe in magic/ Life is automatic/ And I don't mind being on my own." (Listen Up)
- "I haven't seen your face around since I was a kid / It's bringing back the memories of the things that we did" (D'Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman?)
- "Is anyone here prepared to say / Just what they mean or is it too late / For anyone here to try to do / Just what it takes to get through to you"
- "Let's all make believe / That we're still friends and we like each other"
- "Let's all make believe / That in the end we're gonna need each other"
- "Strangle my hope and make me pray / To a God I've never seen but who I betray" (Let's All Make Believe)
- "I love dogs, dogs are brilliant. Is there anything funnier than a dog, going down the high street with his face hangin' out the window? Y'know when you see dogs in the passenger seat, someone's wound down the window and the dog's got his face out the window and he's like "Whoa! We're goin' 43 miles an hour!" and he's got his tongue out! The second funniest thing is dogs in hats! Is there anything funnier than a dog wearing a hat on holiday?! Is there anything funnier than a dog in sunglasses?! I don't think so. I don't think so. Dogs smoking cigarettes is out of order... but have you ever seen a dog when he's going down the street and he's got his face out the window? The most joyous thing a dog will ever do is go over 30 miles an hour! They love it! They love it. The next time you see a dog, get on the utter joy on his face, with his tongue hanging out (imitates dog). By the way for the people listening to the radio, I just pulled a really, really funny face, it was worth at least a hundred grand a week from the BBC, but I won't get it..." (BBC Radio 1 with Chris Moyles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0SXqC1zMnQ min. 4:30)
- "I'm going to get drunk and insult as many [musicians] from the '80s as is humanly possible" (interviewed by Dermot O'Leary on BBC Radio following the Brit Awards 2007)
- "I was on the verge of saying to my daughter, 'There is no Father Christmas' - I'm looking forward to breaking the news in about two years."
- "Wow, what an afternoon! Of all the NME awards this one has certainly been the most... recent." (Noel on the 2007 NME awards)
- "Got thrown out of a taxi this morning. At least I think I did. Hard to tell over here. There was shouting and pointing and then the international hand signal for "Get the fuck out of my cab, you western dog!"" ()
Damon Albarn and Blur
- "I wish they would catch Aids and die" (on Albarn and Alex James)
Jack White of the The White Stripes
- "Jack White, right, has just done a song for Coca-Cola. End of. He ceases to be in the club. And he looks like Zorro on doughnuts. He's supposed to be the poster boy for the alternative way of thinking... I'm not having that, that's fucking wrong. Particularly Coca-Cola, it's like doing a fucking gig for McDonald's."
- "If there were gold medals for taking drugs for England I would have won a shit load" (On Parkinson, 2006)
- "I despise hip hop. Loathe it. Eminem is an idiot and I find 50 Cent the most distasteful character I have ever crossed in my life. Eminem's new song about his kid - isn't it the most ridiculous piece of music you have ever heard in your life? I just don't like the dragging women around on dog leads and all that stuff." /www.mtve.com/article.php?ArticleId=5691
- "... I don't know, I think he's just going senile, isn't he?" (On Paul McCartney)
- "Paul McCartney, one of the best songwriters of all time, has only produced manure for the past 25 years." (http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=713892002])
- "He's now trying to make social comment, this is the guy who hid who he actually was from the public for 20 years. Now, all of a sudden, he's got something to say about the way of the world. I find it laughable. That's even before you get to the song, which is diabolical." (On George Michael's "Shoot the Dog") ()
- "Kylie Minogue is just a demonic little idiot as far as I'm concerned. She gets cool dance producers to work with her for some bizarre reason, I don't know why. She doesn't even have a good name. It's a stupid name, Kylie, I just don't get it." (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/2115582.stm)