Pausanias (c. AD 110 – AD 180) was a Greek traveller and geographer of the 2nd century A.D.
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- They say that these were the tribes collected by Amphiktyon himself in the Greek Assembly: ... the Macedonians joined and the entire Phocian race ... In my day there were thirty members: six each from Nikopolis, Macedonia and Thessaly...
- Description of Greece, Phokis VIII, 2 & 4 [Loeb, W. Jones]
- The Phocians were deprived of their share in the Delphic sanctuary and in the Greek assembly, and their votes were given by the Amphictyons to the Macedonians.
- Description of Greece, Phocis and Ozolian Locri, 10.3.3
- Belistiche, a woman from the coast of Macedonia, won with the pair of foals ... at the hundred and twenty-ninth Olympics.
- Description of Greece, Eleia VIII, 11 [Loeb]