Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is a 2011 adventure film directed by Rob Marshall. It is the fourth installment in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series and stars Johnny Depp returning as Captain Jack Sparrow on a quest to find the Fountain of Youth.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
Dead Man's Chest (2006)
Main Artle:Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
At World's End (2007)
Main Artle:Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
On Stranger Tides (2011)
Main Artle:Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Dead Men Tell No Tales (2016)
Captain Jack Sparrow
- [from Teaser Trailer] Hello, boys and girls, or whatever. My name is Captain Jack Sparrow. Ah, I take it some of you have heard of me. As you may well know, there are times... almost constantly, in fact, where I prefer to look at the world through the bottom of a glass. Rum. Something like this. [takes a shot of rum] You may have also heard whisperings and rumors that Jack Sparrow be recruiting a crew to undertake a voyage to the Fountain of Youth. Not true. Of course not. But even if it weren't not true, you wouldn't be interested in joining me, would you? Eh? No, thought not. I do admit that there'd be varied and substantial dangers along the way including, but not limited to, zombies, cutthroats, mermaids, and a vicious and vivacious Penélope Cruz. Which is why I'm not going. No sir. Impossible to find the place anyway. No one knows where it is. Plus, I'd have to have a bloody map. Or a Bloody Mary. Or both. Which is not a bad idea, in fact, a Bloody Mary. Bloody Marys all around! It's on the Mouse. Barman! [leaves]
- [Standing on a cliff edge] You know that feeling you get when you're standing in a high place... sudden urge to jump?... I don't have it.
- [after jumping off of the now-exploded lighthouse] Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again.
- [to Angelica] I thought I should give you warning. We're taking the ship. It's nothing personal. I just think it would be best if you - [Sword comes through door] - stay out of it.
- [after being addressed as "Jack Sparrow"] There should be a "Captain" in there somewhere.
- (Posing as the judge) So, what do we here?(grins, to which Gibbs says "Jack?")
- a Gentleman allows the woman to maintain her fiction
- You've stolen me. I'm 'ere to take meself back.
- So you are guilty of being innocent of being Jack Sparrow?
- If I don't kill a man every now and then, they forget who I am.
- (To Syrena) Walk or die.
- (To Jack) If you jump, and die, then she will have her chance.
- Captain Jack Sparrow: [referring to the Fountain of Youth] Have you been there?
- Captain Teague: Does this face look like it's been to the fountain of youth?
- Captain Jack Sparrow: Depends on the light.
- Jack Sparrow: You've stolen me and I'm here to take meself back. [fight with "the other" captain Jack Sparrow]
Only one person alive knows that move. [kissing "the other" captain Jack Sparrow] Always wanted to do that [take away the wrong beard of "the other" captain Jack Sparrow'] Hello Angelica.
- Angelica: You were the only Pirate I thought I would pass for.
- Jack Sparrow: That is not a compliment.
- Angelica: Don't worry Jack. I forgave you a long time ago.
- Jack Sparrow: For what? For leaving you?
- Angelica: The Fountain of Youth.
- Jack Sparrow: Oh dearest Angelica, fret not. You still have a few useable years left.
- Angelica: Ha. Always so charming. You didn't answered me.
- Angelica: I was ready to take my vows. And you - what were you doing in a Spanish convent?!?
- Jack Sparrow: I mistook it for a brothel. Honest mistake!
- Angelica: You seduced me and used me. I was innocent in the ways of men!
- Jack Sparrow: You demonstrated a lot of technique for someone I supposedly corrupted.
- Jack Sparrow: How can you say I used you?
- Angelica: You know exactly how.
- Jack Sparrow: I know but, how can you say it?
- Jack Sparrow: [after leading a mutiny on Queen Anne Revenge] The ship is ours!
- Blackbeard: [enters upon deck] Gentlemen. [takes a shot from a bottle and throws it in front of Jack] I be placed in a bewilderment. There I were... resting. And upon I sudden I hear an ungodly row on deck. Sailors abandon their posts without orders, without leave. Men before the mast... and taking the ship for themselves. What be that, First Mate?
- Angelica: Mutiny, Captain.
- Blackbeard: Again?
- Angelica: Mutiny!
- Blackbeard: Aye... mutiny. And what fate befalls mutineers; now, we know that answer to that, do we not? Mutineers... HANG!
- [Responding to Blackbeard's sword, the Queen Anne's Revenge comes to life and ties up the crew]
- Jack Sparrow: (hung upside down) Captain, I wish to report a mutiny. I can name fingers and point names.
- Jack Sparrow: You have a ridiculously high regard for fate, mate.
- Jack Sparrow: Hola. Come, little drink?
- Angelica: Wine, music, candlelight. I think we traveled down this road before, Jack.
- Jack Sparrow: Yes we have. I remember it well.
- Jack Sparrow: Oh my dearest Angelica. You and I are as thick as thieves, love. Tell me the rules.
- Angelica: Water from the Fountain of Youth. The shimmering tear of a mermaid. Silver chalices of Ponce de Leon.
- Jack Sparrow: Aha...
- Angelica: With these items...
- Jack Sparrow: Yes.
- Angelica: With these items you may take all the years of live from another, Jack.
- Jack Sparrow: Ey?!
- Angelica: You know what that mean. We cannot go alone, you and I. The ritual requires a victim.
- Jack Sparrow: That is unfortunate.
- Angelica: Yes it is.
- Jack Sparrow: I feel my desire of the fountain greatly lessend.
- Angelica: But there is something onboard you do want.
- Jack Sparrow: The Black Pearl in a bottle. Why is the Black Pearl in a bottle?
- Angelica: The lies I told you were not lies.
- Jack Sparrow: ...You lied to me by telling me the truth?
- Angelica: [nods]
- Jack Sparrow: That's very good. May I use that?
- Angelica: I sure you will anyway.
- Jack Sparrow: Mmm... Of course I will.
- [after Jack can't open the portal to the Fountain of Youth]
- Angelica: Jack, have you ever seen, with your own eyes, the Fountain of Youth?
- Jack Sparrow: I'm sorry, could you repeat the question please?
- [when Angelica and Blackbeard lie dying]
- Jack: [to Angelica, handing her the "de Vida" Chalice] Drink this. It'll give you life. [to Blackbeard, handing him the "Aqua" chalice] You must drink the other.
- Angelica: How will I get free of this bonds?
- Jack: You broke free of your bonds half an hour ago, waiting for the exact moment to pounce. (To which point he instinctively turned around to stop Angelica attacking him with a club)
- Angelica: I'm with child. Yours.
- Jack Sparrow: [surprised] I don't recall we ever had...
- Angelica: You were drunk.
- Jack Sparrow: I've actually never been that drunk.
- Angelica: Admit it, Jack. You still love me.
- Jack Sparrow: If you had a sister and a dog, I'd choose the dog.
- Barbossa: What is it the men fear? Say the word. Speak it.
- First Mate: Whitecap Bay, Captain.
- Barbossa: [to crew] Aye! Whitecap Bay. Every worthless seaman alive fears the name, and rightly so, but few know why or dare to ask.
- Gibbs: Be the stories true?
- Barbossa: Say what robs you of your staunch heart Mr Gibbs or forever leave it to the whiter fields of fancy.
- Gibbs: Mermaids.
- Barbossa: Aye! Mermaid waters - that be our path. Sea ghouls, devil fish thirsty for flesh of man. Cling to your soul Gibbs, for mermaids be given to take the rest ... to the bone.
- [crew member dives]
- Other crew member: Man overboard!
- Barbossa: Nay! A deserter.
- First Mate: Come about!
- Barbossa: Nay! Gentlemen, I do not ask any more of any man than what that man can deliver. But I do ask this: Are we not King's men?
- Crew: [weakly] Aye.
- Barbossa: On a King's mission?
- Crew: Aye.
- Barbossa: I did not note any fear in the eyes of the Spanish as they passed us by. Are we not King's men!?
- Crew: Aye!
- Barbossa: Aye! Hands aloft and bear away. Stave on ahead to Whitecap Bay.
- Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Penélope Cruz as Angelica
- Ian McShane as w:Blackbeard
- Geoffrey Rush as Captain Hector Barbossa
- Kevin McNally as Joshamee Gibbs
- Sam Claflin as Philip Swift
- Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey as Syrena