Racing Stripes is a 2005 adventure/comedy movie, directed by Frederik Du Chau. It is similar in the style to the 1995 movie Babe, in that the protagonist is a talking animal who lives on a farm and succeeds at an activity not expected of his species. The movie was filmed in Pietermaritzburg and Nottingham Road, South Africa.
- If that's a racehorse, then I'm D-O double-G, baby.
- Well, like my mama used to say, 'You can put your boots in the oven but that won't make 'em biscuits.'
- "Goose, who is really a pelican, is really a stool pigeon, who is actually a chicken that ducks. That makes five birds in one, count 'em."
- Don't look back, leave it all on the track!
- Well, subdivide me and Kentucky fry me!
- This is Reggie Red Rooster with the farm report! In sports news, Goose the pelican dropped the motorcycle in the first round, then for good measure, taught the truck a lesson as well.
- [About Goose] Gentlemen, don't let the feathers fool ya, this dude's dangerous. He's a killin' machine disguised as idiot.
- [Flying over the Walsh farm] Would ya get a load 'a this dump?! Even old McDonald would'nt want this farm.
- [As he is attacking the motorcycle] Okasaka! Slap-a-face-a! Break-a-bones-a!
- Sir Trenton: (referring to Stripes and Sandy) What have we got here? Beauty and the beast.
- Roughshod: Hey, plow-boy! You missed a spot.
- What is that dreadful child up to now?
- [to Channing] This is a racetrack, dear, not the Serengeti.
- Franny: Question time. What exactly are you?
- Stripes: I don't know.
- Tucker: Okay. We can rule out genius.
- Tucker: Kids these days. No control. Now back in my day-
- Franny: Oh, here we go with the ancient history lesson. Enough!
- Franny: Well would you look at that. He loves to run. It's in his heart!
- Tucker: Yeah, but that's still not enough.
- Franny: You could train him. Then it would be enough.
- Tucker: Let me put it this way, Franny. The legs are too short, the head's too big, he's got about as much chance to race as me. Besides, [walking away] I have go better things to do.
- Franny: Oh, go fix your hair.
- Tucker: I heard that.
- Sandy: Uh, did you ever think of going around that tree instead of running through it?
- Stripes: Yeah, well.... usually it moves out of my way.
- Sandy: [laughs] Um, I’ve never heard of a tree actually doing that.
- Stripes: You don’t know the trees around here. Are you new?
- Sandy: Yeah, I just got here. I’m Sandy.
- Stripes: I’m Stripes.
- Sandy: [sounding amused] You don’t say.
- Tucker: Hey, pal. You ever try shutting up?
- Goose: You ever try swimmin’ in cement horseshoes? I’ve taken down punks bigger than you.
- Tucker: Yeah? What’d you do, talk ‘em to death?
- Goose: Hey, be careful, pony-boy, or someday somebody's gonna wake up with your head in their bed.
- Tucker: I shoulda guessed from the size of that pecker you'd be a big-mouth.
- Goose: Watch it stumpy. I'd cut you off at the knees but it looks like somebody's beaten me to it.
- Sir Trenton: They cannot be serious. This will not stand. I will not allow that beast to run in my competition.
- Pride: Please, Father, don’t interfere. I can win it fair and square.
- Sir Trenton: [scoffs] That’s not a risk I’m willing to take!
- Franny: Where are you running off to? You’ve got a big day tomorrow. You can't go.
- Stripes: I need to make things right with Sandy.
- Franny: Okay. I understand. But listen, a little advice from an old goat. Relationships are like racing. When you do it for love, you’ve already won.
- Franny: There's Sandy.
- Tucker: Yeah, and there's Sir Trenton, all fifteen hundred pounds of him. We'll never get her out of there.
- Scuzz: Yeah, you know, I saw you and I was about to say to my brother Buzz: "I never seen a black horse with white stripes."
- Buzz: You dimwit! He is obviously a white horse with black stripes. Now, anybody could see that.
- Buzz: It's that filly, Sandy. It's always a filly.
- Scuzz: Filly? I didn't know she was from Philly. You know, I really like those Philly Cheesesteaks. Actually, I like any kind of cheese. Actually, I like any kind of food from anywhere. Especially candy and poop. What were we talking about again?
- Buzz: I hate my life.
- Channing: [About the flat tire on the truck] How long will it take to put on the spare?
- Nolan: Honey, that, that is the spare.
- Goose: The name's Goose.
- Tucker: Oh, a pelican named Goose, well my name's Duck.
- Goose: Duck?
- Tucker: Duck.
- Goose: Duck!?
- Tucker: Goose!
- His stripes made him an outcast. His heart made him a hero.