|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- You want to know why, and there's no why.
- You know those drugstore kits that tell you when you're pregnant? They should have one that tells you when you're insane.
Dutch Van Den Broeck
- What's the last thing that you can remember about your husband that you know to be true?
- You're supposed to be nice to me. I've been shot.
- You know what I do for a living? I get paid to notice stuff. I get paid to know who's lying. I didn't have a clue.
- Phyliss: I really don't think you should be alone right now.
- Dutch: Oh, yeah? I was alone before you got here.
- Kay: Don't you... *fuck* with me!
- Dutch: If you don't like that word, don't use it.
- Kay: You're not a Democrat, are you?
- Dutch: What if I am?
- Kay: We talk, I give you books to read.
- Dutch: What happens if you don't get elected?
- Kay: The country goes to hell.
- Molly: I caught Sam with a woman once. I spilled a milkshake on my skirt so I ran home from lunch. I heard them in the shower. And at first, I thought it was the radio... but what she was saying you don't hear on the radio. I... ran. I couldn't go back to work. For hours, literally, I didn't remember that I was involved with someone else. I had been for months. And I liked my life with Sam. Things were fine.
- Dutch: What did you do?
- Molly: I kept my mouth shut and I never went home again without calling first. To say that involvement, and I don't mean casual sex, I mean romace. To say that whole part of life, half the fun of life, has to end. If you told me that, I'd feel old.
- Harrison Ford as Sergeant William "Dutch" Van Den Broeck
- Kristin Scott Thomas as Kay Chandler
- Charles S. Dutton as Alcee
- Bonnie Hunt as Wendy Judd
- Dennis Haybert as Detective George Beaufort
- Sydney Pollack as Carl Broman
- Richard Jenkins as Truman Trainor
- Paul Guilfoyle as Dick Montoya
- Susanna Thompson as Peyton Van Den Broeck
- Peter Coyote as Cullen Chandler
- Kate Mara as Jessica Chandler
- Susan Boyd as Molly Roll
- Dylan Baker as Richard Judd
- Lynne Thigpen as Phyliss Bonaparte
- Reiko Aylesworth as Mary Claire Clark
- Edie Falco as Janice
- Alex Trebek as Himself