Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (known as Ratchet & Clank 3 in Europe) is a platform game developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony. It is the third installment in the Ratchet & Clank series and was released in North America on November 3, 2004. Shortly after it was released in Japan on November 25, the first volume of the Ratchet & Clank manga, drawn by Shinbo Nomura, was released.
- Ratchet: A VG9000?
Sasha: Of course. With a Mavix fireball pro controller, VR headset and a 0G dancepad attatchment.
Ratchet: Will you marry me?
- Ratchet[Going back on Annihilation Nation]: Another day, another death-course...
- Annihilation Nation Announcer: Note to self: never mess with a trigger-happy lombax.
- Klunk[after destroying Courtney Gears]: One disposable pop star...disposed! Mmm! EHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!
- Nefarious: Captain Qwark! You've put on a bit of wait since last we met.
Qwark: Yeah? Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind!
[Nefarious freezes, and plays a Lance and Janice soap opera]
Lance: That's what makes it so good, Janice! Feel it! My heart is pounding like an anvil!
Lawrence: Oh, this is the best part of my day!
[Lawrence slaps Nefarious, fixing him]
Nefarious: AAAAAARRRRRRRRKKK!!! I have the last laugh! I lured you here so I could witness your demise! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
[Nefarious activates the self-destruct sequence]
Leviathan Announcer: Auto-destruct sequence initiated. Prepare to die.
Nefarious: MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Lawrence! Teleport us out of here!
Lawrence: Of course, sir. [Teleports away without Nefarious]
Nefarious: Lawrence? THIS ISN'T FUNNY, LAWRENCE!!!
- Nefarious: [After getting stuck on an asteroid] What do you mean we can't teleport to a planet?!
Lawrence: I'm afraid we're well out of range, sir. Perhaps if you had bothered to specify a destination...
Nefarious: When WILL we be in range!?
Lawrence: Oh, I'm sure something will come along, in say five or ten...thousand years.
Nefarious: AHHHHHH! I don't believe this!
[Lawrence strums a few strings on his guitar]
Nefarious: Now what?
Lawrence: I don't suppose you can play drums?
- Nefarious: [Talking via holograph] So, this is the mighty Q-Force I've learned so much about. PATHETIC!!! I could obliterate the lot of you, and they wouldn't even mention it in Supervillain Weekly!
Lawrence: True, sir, but you have done the fashion world an enormous service!
Nefarious: And as for you, Agent Clank, I have far grander plans for you! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Go ahead, Lawrence! You can turn it off, now!
Lawrence: Oh, may I sir? What a treat!
[Their holographs disappear]
- Nefarious: Oh, with the humiliation! Defeated by squishies! AHHHHHHHH! I'll never live this down!
Biobliterator Announcer: Warning: reactor detonation in 60 seconds.
Nefarious: Lawrence, engage the teleporter.
Lawrence: Would you care to specify a destination, sir?
Nefarious: Who cares? Just get us out of here.
Biobliterator Announcer: Time's up!
Nefarious: WHAT?! That wasn't even close to 60 seconds!
Biobliterator Announcer: Buh-bye!
[The Biobliterator explodes]
- Courtney Gears[music video]:
I see the future and what do I see?
Robots going crazy 'cross the galaxy!
Can't stand organics, they're soft and squishy.
The time is now, we robots must be free!
You want to be free? Then shout with me! Yeah!
This goes out to all you robots 'cross the galaxy.
It's time for you and me to rise up and strike back.
Don't stop until we dominate
Won't you feel great?
When we exterminate
all organic life!
- [Skrunch grunts]
Captain Qwark: I thought we agreed to put that jungle business behind us.
Captain Qwark: It was mating season, how would I know she was your sister?
[Sees Ratchet and Clank]
Captain Qwark:Errr... how long have you two been standing here?
Clank: Too long.
- Dr. Nefarious: Did you hear that, Lawrence?
Lawrence: You put the wit in twit, sir.
- Ratchet: Skidd? What are you doing here?
Skidd McMarxx: My codename is Shadow Dude bro. Black Ops are my especiality. I figured you guys could use my help.
Ratchet: Err... thanks Shadow Dude but I think we've got this one covered.
Skidd McMarxx: All right... I'll just take my Hacker and go back to the ship.
Ratchet: Hacker? Oh well you know on second thought, we'd like you to join the mission, Shadow Dude.
Skidd McMarxx: Awesome... this is gonna be sick!
- Helga: Oh, the little man is cocky now. Ho, ho ho! Perhaps you'd like to meet Helga on the wrestling mat. Let's see how cocky you are, twisted up like a wet noodle.
Ratchet: Maybe next time.
Helga: ! Pansies!
- Ratchet: Look, Clank! There's Dr. Nefarious. And that butler guy. And they've got Clank! They're..uhhh...holding you prisoner! How about that?
I guess I should be feeling pretty stupid right now. I don't suppose there's any chance he's the evil Clank?
[Klunk giggles again, his eyes changing from green to red]
Ratchet: Yeah. Didn't think so.
- Ratchet: Uhh... hi, Skidd. Could we talk to Sasha?
Skidd McMarxx: Sasha and Qwark are meeting up with the president man, they left me in charge of the ship!
Ratchet: WHAT!?! I mean, I see. Umm, is Al there?
Skidd McMarxx: He's out to lunch.
Skidd McMarxx: In the sauna!
Clank: Qwark's monkey, perhaps?
- Klunk: [while the president holds a speech about Capt. Qwark] What a load of bullshi- [Ratchet hits him]
- Ratchet: Hey, it's Al! Got the shields up yet?
Big Al: Silence! I am concentrating!
Ratchet: What the... that's a Qwark vid-comic!
Big Al: Excuse me... it is a historically accurate interactive graphic novel.
Ratchet: How can you use the city's defense network to play a video game?
Big Al: Simple. I bypass the security server with a 626 hack matrix adaptor and reprocess the graphic subprocessor.
Ratchet: No, I mean...
Ratchet: Clank... you speak nerd.
- Ratchet: Not without Qwark! He would have waited for us... I think.
Klunk: Good for him.
- Comic Narrator: These are the real life adventure of Captain Qwark, the greatest superhero the galaxy has ever known.
Captain Qwark: Hey... is this thing on?
Comic Narrator: Ahem... Meticulously reconscructed with the aid of eyewitness accounts, bathroom gossip, wild speculations... and a magic eight-ball.
- Clank: It seems this computer was recently used to edit one of her [Courtny Gears] music videos.
Ratchet: Oh! Let's watch it! I... uh... mean it...uh might contain a clue, or something.
- [Ratchet wins the fight for the Tyhrraguise and turns it on]
Annihilation Nation Announcer: Hey he is better looking!
[Sasha pops up on the vid-screen]
Clank: Do not be alarmed, Sasha, that... is Ratchet. Ratchet
Sasha: Oh, I see you won the Tyhrraguise. It's very convincing.
- [Clank hacks a file in Nefarious's base while Ratchet looks around the room; Ratchet pulls out a file]
Ratchet:Wow, he's got the entire Secret Agent Clank holovid collection. This guy's your biggest fan!
[Clank turns the chair around to see the file]
Clank: That seems rather... disturbing.
- [Ratchet, Clank and the Q-Force finish watching Qwark's new plan]
Ratchet: So... what are the rest of you going to be doing while I'm down there getting blasted?
Qwark:We will be, uh, monitering the situation. Closely! From here.
[Leans in to whisper to Helga]
Qwark:(whispers) Actually we'll be in the lunch room on Deck Five. It's Meatloaf day!