- Irish is a leprechaun language.
- The Irish News (November 3, 1987)
- Our message to the perverts who voted for them [Sinn Féin] is that they will not get anything through this council.
- Andersonstown News (March 5, 1988)
- I have no regret that someone openly identified with terrorist organisations and activities meets his death the same way.
- The GAA is the sporting wing of the IRA.
- The Irish News (September 6, 1989)
- Would this council be prepared to congratulate all those who have done a good job on two sides of the border?
- 5,000 sub human animals.
- They are poofs. I don't care if they are ratepayers. As far as I am concerned they are perverts.
- Daily Express (June 1, 1992)
- After gay rights activists had requested the use of City Hall
- Taigs don't pay rates.
- The Irish Times (January 12, 2000)