|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- 1 Episode 1: "Tempestuous Temperaments"
- 2 Episode 2: "Redeye Reprisal"
- 3 Episode 3: "Hellhounds for Hire (part 1)"
- 4 Episode 4: "Hellhounds for Hire (part 2)"
- 5 Episode 5: "Artistic Anarchy"
- 6 Episode 6: "Stranger Searching"
- 7 Episode 7: "A Risky Racket"
- 8 Episode 8: "The Art of Altercation"
- 9 Episode 9: "Beatbox Bandits"
- 10 Episode 10: "Lethal Lunacy"
- 11 Episode 11: "Gamblers and Gallantry"
- 12 Episode 12: "Disorder Diaries"
- 13 Episode 13: "Misguided Miscreants (Part 1)"
- 14 Episode 14: "Misguided Miscreants (Part 2)"
- 15 Episode 15: "Bogus Booty"
- 16 Episode 16: "Lullabies of the Lost (Verse 1)"
- 17 Episode 17: "Lullabies of the Lost (Verse 2)"
- 18 Episode 18: "War of the Words"
- 19 Episode 19: "Unholy Union"
- 20 Episode 20: "Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 1)"
- 21 Episode 21: "Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 2)"
- 22 Episode 22: "Cosmic Collisions"
- 23 Episode 23: "Baseball Blues"
- 24 Episode 24: "Evanescent Encounter (part 1)"
- 25 Episode 25: "Evanescent Encounter (part 2)"
- 26 Episode 26: "Evanescent Encounter (part 3)"
- 27 Unsorted Quotes
- 28 External links
Episode 1: "Tempestuous Temperaments"
- Mugen: If living means bowing down to the likes of you bastards, I'd rather die on my feet with my head held high.
- Jin: [laughing] Well said, I agree with him.
- Jin: [Confronting the Yagyu guards as they are about to dispatch an innocent peasant] To serve your lord and do his bidding, is that honorable?
- Yagyu badass: [scoffs] Of course it is.
- Jin: Even if that lord is an unimportant piece of shit?
- Yagyu badass: [the Yagyu draw their swords to attack] Say what? Hey, you better watch that mouth of yours!
- Jin: Cutting down a man who's done nothing wrong; is that what you spent all those years honing your skills for?
- Yagyu badass: Why I oughta...
- Jin: In my opinion, you're worthless.
- Yagyu badass: [rushes at him] Screw You! Say your prayers!
- [Jin kills all three Yagyu guards with his sword]
- [Fighting thugs because of offer from Fuu]
- Mugen: Forget all that formal crap 'bout comin' at me one at a time. I'll take all you bitches on!
- [After being arrested]
- Jin: You're the lowest of the low.
- Mugen: What'd you say?
- Jin: Your stance leaves you wide open, and your moves are totally inefficient. All in all, your fighting style is a mess.
- Mugen: You son of a...
- Jin: I swear, you are the most undisciplined fighter I've ever known...
- Mugen: Shut your damn mouth!
- Jin: ...and the only one I wasn't able to kill.
- Jin: You at peace with yourself?
- Mugen: Hell. Every freakin' day I have to ask myself: Will this day, be the last day I lie in the sun?
- [They are completely surrounded by the Daikan's men]
- Mugen: Yo, we put our fight on hold until we get out of here. Agreed?
- Jin: You intend to kill them all, don't you? I swear... you really are the lowest of the low.
- Mugen: [smiles slyly]
- [Flipping coin]
- Fuu: [Mugen takes Fuu's coin and flips it high into the air] Think you might of tossed it a little too far?
- Jin: He doesn't know the meaning of "restraint".
- Mugen: Kiss my ass.
- [Long pause]
- Fuu: Where is it? It should of landed by now but I don't see it...
[Coin lands on Fuu's forehead]
Episode 2: "Redeye Reprisal"
[Mugen and Jin are about to fight]
- Fuu: Alright, that's enough! You two made me a promise. You haven't forgotten have you? Until we find the "Samurai who smells of Sunflowers", you two are not allowed to kill each other!
- Mugen: Oh yeah, this smelly guy, I been meaning to ask you about that.
- Fuu: Huh?
- Jin: Who is this "Samurai who smells of Sunflowers"?
- Fuu: Well, he...
- Mugen: And what the hell is a sunflower anyway?
- Fuu: Wait a minute...
- Jin: You don't know?
- Fuu: It's a flower!
- Mugen: So, what do they *smell* like?
[Both turn toward Fuu]
- Jin: Do you have any other leads?
- Mugen: Like a picture or something?
- Jin: What makes you think he's around here?
- Fuu: [Yells] Stop!
- [her stomach grumbles]
- Fuu: For right now-- let's get something to eat.
- Inuyaka: [discussing the fireflies while in the hot springs with Jin] However-- they say that every once in a while, a male will try to attract another male.
- Jin: ...time to go.
- [Fuu passed out after one drink and is asleep]
- Mugen: Look at the dumb broad, she's out cold. Let's strip her and dump her.
Episode 3: "Hellhounds for Hire (part 1)"
- [Jin and Mugen are having a private conversation]
- Fuu: Huh? What are you two guys doing together? How nasty.
- Mugen: Hmm... You're a practical man, right?
- Jin: Yeah.
- Fuu: Huh? What is it?
- Mugen: That's great. You'll be able to make it just fine on your own. Right?
- Jin: Yeah.
- Fuu: What's with you, all of a sudden?
- Mugen: Then... Live a good dick [They both run off in separate directions]
- Fuu: Wait a second. No way!
- [Jin, Mugen and Fuu are meeting by mistake in the brothel]
- Mugen: Guess no matter how hard we try.. Fate's gonna keep throwing us back together!
Episode 4: "Hellhounds for Hire (part 2)"
- Mugen: So this "power" you keep talking about is the power to control people?
- Rikiei: That's right. What's your point?
- Mugen: My point is that's all a bunch of bullshit!
- Mugen: I ain't least bit interested in that crap! I don't wanna rule or BE ruled, either one.
- [Mugen is leaving]
- Rikiei: Where are you going? If you stay here you'll have everything you want. Are you just going to throw that away?
- Mugen: I don't believe in anyone but me and what I can do. Later.
- Ishimatsu: There are times when you gotta agree to something, even when you think it's wrong.
- Mugen: That's a load of horse piss.
- Ishimatsu: What?
- Mugen: You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life.
Episode 5: "Artistic Anarchy"
- [looking at a porno magazine]
- Mugen:Geez, doing it with a squid.
- [Hishikawa Moronobuma sails away to Holland
- Mugen: Are you sure you wanna let that guy go?
- Fuu: I don't really care. I mean, he did give me a great set of hooters.
- Mugen & Jin: Set of hooters?
Episode 6: "Stranger Searching"
- Jouji: I wanted to live as a Japanese person in this country. But it's still impossible.
- Fuu: Cheer up.
- Jouji: But some day, the country will come to accept people like me. Some day, this country won't be so tight assed.
- Mugen: Who the hell would relax their ass around you?
- After a fight with the police]
- Jin: Why do you always aggravate things?
- Mugen: Those guys just put a bug up my ass.
- Mugen: You sure do eat a lot.
- Fuu: There's always room for free food.
- [After Jin, Fuu, and Mugen lose in the eating contest]
- Jin: Those swords are my life. Will you return them to me?
- Red-haired stranger:No.
- Mugen: Well that was fast.
Episode 7: "A Risky Racket"
- [Jin, Fuu and Mugen in gambling house]
- Mugen: Bet the three.
- Jin: Not three, five.
- Mugen: You'll do anything to get on my nerves. Won't ya?
- Jin: Hey, thats my line.
- Mugen: Bastard. Someday I'll make you cry like a little bitch.
- Jin: Little bitch.. Do people actually say things like that? I've never heard it before.
- [Fuu sees the thief walk past her]
- Fuu: Hey, you! Look at me. you remember who I am?
- Thief: Why? Should I?
- Fuu: I'm the girl whose purse you stole, you jerk.
- [He tries to walk away but Fuu grabs him]
- Fuu: You aren't going anywhere, buddy.
- Thief: Let go.
- Fuu: The hell I will.
- Thief: Damn you.
- Mugen: Someday I'll make you say "uncle".
- Jin: Who ever says 'uncle'? That's highly unheard of.
Episode 8: "The Art of Altercation"
- Ogura: I've looked for you. To find you, I even apprenticed myself to a man like that and waited. Why did you betray him? A man like you, why did you betray our master?
- Jin: I'm not the one who did the betraying. But I won't make excuses. Regardless, it's true that I killed my master.
- Ogura: You! [Charges at Jin]
- Budou Kiba: [To Jin] I'm sorry that my husband is stupid.
- Fuu: Hey, hey!
- Budou Kiba: Listen, men aren't the brightest of our species so it's best you keep them wrapped around your finger.
- [Shinpachi's beat-boxing in the background]
- Nagamitsu: Hello honey.
- Fuu: Umm...
- Nagamitsu: Me? I'm a man who will be "big". Rather, "big" no "bigger than biggest". My name is... Sakonshogun Nagamitsu!
- Fuu: [Irritated] How is he shy?
- [Nagamitsu's katana was knocked out of his hand but lands on his opponent, knocking him out]
- Nagamitsu: Aerial Killing Technique... umm... Flying Sword!
Episode 9: "Beatbox Bandits"
- Mugen: Passport? What's that?
- Fuu: You really don't know?
- Jin: I'm amazed you made it into Edo without knowing that.
- Fuu: If you don't have a passport you can't pass through the Checkpoint. Don't you have one Jin?
- Jin: Of course, I had one, but...
- Fuu: But?
- Jin: I lost it.
- Mugen: I don't understand a single word of that shit you're spewwin'
- Warrior Priest: Well, at least you've got some spunk; If nothin' else.
- Mugen: But there's one thing that I do understand. I don't care how many damn dogs you got. It don't amount to jack if they ain't tough enough to bark when they're out alone.
Episode 10: "Lethal Lunacy"
- Fuu: [Moaning] Ohh... I'm so hungry.
- Mugen: I'm tired of hearing that.
- Fuu: But... we haven't eaten anything since we left the checkpoint.
- Mugen: Go drink river water or something.
- Jin: Remember, I'm the one who's going to kill you.
- Mugen: What are you, my wife?
- [Mugen is preparing for his fight with the street killer next to the waterfall]
- Mugen: Yea, you gotta meditate under the waterfall... Screw that.
Episode 11: "Gamblers and Gallantry"
- Fuu: So just what do think Jin meant by what he said? You think he's going to go buy some woman?
- Mugen: Eh, I'm glad to hear it.
- Fuu: What?
- Mugen: Well, you know, I was getting suspicious. You ever seen him check out a girl?
- Fuu: So, who cares?
- Mugen: It's a pretty good sign he's a queer.
- Fuu: No way!
- Mugen: Well, at least now we know what team he's playin' for.
- [Mugen is training a beetle]
- Fuu: I'm back. [Confused] I'm going to have to ask... what are you doing?
- Mugen: Training. You should be able to tell by looking. Beetle wrestling. I'm going to train him and put him in fights.
- Fuu: Weren't you going to get a job as a bodyguard?
- Mugen: I quit that.
- Fuu: It's times like that I ask myself, why am I watching two bugs fight each other?
Episode 12: "Disorder Diaries"
- Fuu's Diary: (about Mugen) I could tell right away he was a bad guy, the sort who did all kinds of horrible things, the kind of person who I'd never want to be friends with.
- Mugen: Hey!
- Fuu's Diary: But, after I talked to him . . .
- Mugen: Hmm?
- Fuu's Diary: . . . I realized I was absolutely right.
- [reading Fuu's diary]
- Mugen: Shut up you little bitch!
- Jin: You're shouting at a diary.
- Zuikō: Freedom cannot be forced into existence, nor can it be won through painful struggle. Freedom cannot be bought or sold. It has nothing to do with one’s social status; one’s profession is of no consequence. In order for you to accept yourself as you are and live with your soul at peace, you must simply teach yourself to let it be, only then will you discover freedom.
Episode 13: "Misguided Miscreants (Part 1)"
- [They're walking through a jungle]
- Jin: Let's rest. [Looks over to Fuu]
- Fuu: I can't walk anymore. [Glaring at Mugen] Because someone said they wanted to take a shortcut!
- Mugen: Shut up. We're fine.
- Mugen: [in front of an execution squad] I don't give a rat's ass about going to hell. Guess I feel like I'm already there. What I do mind is the thought of being killed by you ugly bastards. I've gone my whole life without being helped by anyone else, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you help me into my grave.
- Mugen: "If we were all the way up there, no one here'd look any bigger than a grain of sand."
Episode 14: "Misguided Miscreants (Part 2)"
- [Mugen's body drifted ashore]
- Fuu: (Thinking he's dead) Mugen! [Crying] Mugen. It can't be... Why? Why?
[Mugen coughs up water] No way. He's alive.
[Jin's walking along the beach]
- Jin: (Shocked) You.
- Mugen: Like I would die before I killed you. I'm going to settle things.
- Jin: I killed him.
- Mugen: What did you say?
- Jin: I killed Mukuro.
- Mugen: (Vexed) You... I was going to...!
- Jin: I was tricked. I was tricked by her.
Episode 15: "Bogus Booty"
- [Jin's fishing while the rest are eating]
- Fuu: Jin! Give it up already! Come over here and eat with us. I'll share the ones I caught with you.
- Mugen: Aw don't worry about him. He's just being a big baby cause' he got skunked.
- Mugen: C'mon you heard him, right before we started fishin':[imitating Jin's voice] Fishing is a life and death struggle between man and fish. Forget this and you will most certainly get hurt.
- Mugen: [after finding a bag of coins in the river] We hit the potjack!
- Fuu: That's jackpot!
- Mugen: All I know is we're a filthy bitch!
- Fuu: Filthy rich!
- Jin: I hope you're doing that deliberately.
- Fuu: Why would they need to go to the red light district when they have me around?
- Mugen: Fuu... do you have any idea what you just sounded like you were volunteering for?
- [Fuu has become incredibly fat from eating]
- Fuu: Oh, I ate and ate. This is the first time I've been full in a while.
- Mugen: She's a monster.
- [Mugen and Jin ran off leaving Fuu]
- Fuu: Damn them. Going to the red light district even though they have me... Being a woman is a disadvantage...
- [Looking at her pet squirrel]
- Fuu: Momo, are you a boy? A girl? I'm hungry. (Momo faints)
- Mugen: I want my nookie!
- Yatsuha: Hey look, a naked woman!
- Mugen: WHERE?!
- [Yatsuha kicks Mugen in the crotch]
- [Mugen and Yatsuha are surrounded by some dangerous men]
- Yatsuha: If you beat up all these guys for me, I'll do something amazing for you.
- Mugen: What? I'm not being tricked again. [Yatsuha whispers something in his ear] Okay!
- Yatsuha: (About Mugen to her companion) After all, that's the man I'm going to marry. I guess I fell in love with him. (to herself) So long. Once both our journeys are over, I'll come find you.
Episode 16: "Lullabies of the Lost (Verse 1)"
- Jin: (To Yukimaru) You can tell them that you killed me. I might as well be dead already.
- [Jumps into a waterfall]
- Fuu: (To Okuru) There were two useless bodyguards traveling with me. Well, it doesn't matter anymore. Now I'm as lonely as can be. So, it doesn't matter where I die. But... I didn't want to drown. Because, you know, your body size doubles. I'm not joking. I want to die beautiful, you know.
- Okuru: There are no beautiful corpses.
- Mugen: (to Fuu, about Jin) Tall, dark, and four-eyed here is thinking the same thing: hanging around with a girl with absolutely no sex appeal isn't my idea of fun.
- Jin: That's it; you've gone too far.
- Fuu: Yeah! You tell him Jin!
- Jin: That four-eyed thing, take it back.
- Fuu: Hey!
Episode 17: "Lullabies of the Lost (Verse 2)"
Sountrack to Episode 17 can be found here; Here
- Mugen: (To Okuru) I've seen those eyes before. They're similar to the eye's of a head that's been cut off. The ones that are slightly wet and don't know what they see. Hey, are you really alive?
- Mugen: (Notices Okuru playing a melody) You are Okuru, aren't you? They were just out there... People called Matsumae-Han or something. They gave me a lot of trouble. They thought I was you.
- Okuru: Did they give you money?
- Mugen: I just want to fight you.
- Okuru: Fight me, whaaaat?
- Mugen: Mm-hmm.
- Okuru: Wah! Hmmm.
- Fuu: Without a sense of duty, the world would be in darkness.
Episode 18: "War of the Words"
- Fuu: You keep ordering the same thing as either me or Jin. You should get what you like.
- Mugen: [Looking at the menu] It can't be helped.
- Fuu: But it's written right there.
- Mugen: I have a little trouble understanding it.
- Fuu: Is it possible that you can't read?
- Mugen: [Pointing at letters] That's a "no". This and this are also "no". I can read it just fine.
- Fuu: [Points at a letter] Then what about this?
- Mugen: It's "no".
- Jin: It's "me".
- Mugen: Damn you little bitch, that was a trick question!
- Mugen: [after drawing the infinity symbol] I thought of it myself. It stands for Mugen.
Episode 19: "Unholy Union"
- Mugen: [surrounded by guards]: You boys want a piece of me?
- Jin: By starting this pointless squabble, you have done nothing but reveal just how vast your stupidity is. Please refrain from these moments of self-grandeur.
- Mugen: Run that by me again.
- Priest: . . .and after that you'll be able to get started on polishing the Buddha. You'll be happy to do that, right?
- Mugen: Why don't I polish that pinhead of yours, you bald ass son of a bitch!
Episode 20: "Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 1)"
- Sara: Well a blind women isn't really the best mother for a child... isn't it ironic, a women like me singing songs like kuzunoha leave her child.
(Mugen jumped into the hot spring)
- Sara: Mugen.
- Mugen: that blows... you could at least pretend that I'd scared you, how'd you know was me?
- Sara: Everyone you meet has their own individual aura about them, it's something i can sense... you see, I've walk in darkness for a very long time, a person can grow out custom to anything... I may have lost my sight but I have much inner sense for other things as a result, so please don't feel sorry for me.
- Mugen: I think that a bunch of bullshit... if you're happy, there's no way you sing a song you sing.
- Sara: Huh... we have a lot in common, the two of us... the words happiness and joy have never had any meaning for me... however, at the moment that my son was born, I began to have the same dreams that any mother would have.
- Jin: Please choose to either eat or to speak.
Edited by Da_Link
Episode 21: "Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 2)"
- Fuu: You never know Jin might decide to come back.
- Mugen: The only way he's coming back is as if he's getting kick in the nuts for trying to make a move on that chick.
- Fuu: Can't you ever say anything intelligent?
- Mugen: When you start, I'll start.
- Mugen: Tell me who the hell are you?
- Sara: What I can't see I can sense.
- Mugen: (stumbling, bleeding) What?
- Sara: Inside of you looms a simmering storm of hatred and rage, but perhaps what I'm actually sensing is sadness. It's as if... you've never once been loved by anyone; it's as if... you're just like me.
- Mugen: You trying to say you can sense my move before they even happen? What a load of crap!!
- Mugen: She said something about her kid's life being on the line.
- Fuu: She did? Well if that true than someone's forcing her to do this.
- Jin: But who could that be?
- Mugen: Take your pick. We've dined and dashed, snuck through a checkpoint, and, oh yeah, killed people.
(Mugen is about to go and fight Sara)
- Jin: That woman... can sense our move before we made them.
- Mugen: Kinda figured that.
- Jin: Just like a fish.
- Mugen: Huh?
- Jin: Fish use the water surrounding their bodys to sense what will happen next... you can't fight the current you have to flow with it. If you do that, you might just catch the fish.
- Mugen: Where'd you hear that?
- Jin: From the old man who saved my life.
- Mugen: Huuuuuuuuh?
- Sara: I realized something. My son's been dead for a long time now. This whole time, they've just been using me.
- Mugen: Then, fight them.
- Sara: I cannot. The government hired me. I just want you to live, Mugen.
edited by Da_Link
Episode 22: "Cosmic Collisions"
(Shige discovers that he isn't really a descendant of the Heike clan)
- Shige: (Completely surrounded) Well, at this point, whether I'm a descendant or not has nothing to do with it. We have no blood in our bodies to connect us anymore, anyway. Couldn't we just forget about that and let things continue as they have been? I guess not.
(After Mugen and Jin ate a lot of mushrooms)
- Fuu: Oh... thats right. In the newspaper horoscope, it said to be careful of mushrooms.
- Mugen: (Yells) Don't tell us after we've eaten them!
- Fuu: (Sees a shooting star) Oh, a shooting star. (Making a wish) Let us find the samurai who smells like sunflowers. Let us make it safely to Nagasaki. And I want to eat enough so my stomach is full.
Episode 23: "Baseball Blues"
Mugen: Against a load of pansies like you, one of me is more than enough!
Episode 24: "Evanescent Encounter (part 1)"
- Kagetoki Kariya: Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.
- Mugen: Huh? What the hell do you want?
- Kagetoki Kariya: If you're looking for Kasumi's daughter, she's crossed over to the island.
- Jin: Do you know him? You know Seizo Kasumi?
- Kagetoki Kariya: I know he's a felon who abandoned his country and had his soul stolen by that foreign religion. I've heard that he fled here to Kyushu and that he was involved in the Shimabara Rebellion. I also know he's the man that the Shogunate wants eliminated more than anyone else. They've know all along that his daughter was trying to find him. In fact, it's helped them. They've let her run free this whole time so they're able to discover Kasumi's whereabouts. And now, although it pains me to say this, I have to insist that you two die right here.
- Mugen: You're taking us on by yourself? You sure got a big pair on ya, pal.
- Kagetoki Kariya: [readies his sword ] Come, I hope that you don't disappoint me.
Episode 25: "Evanescent Encounter (part 2)"
- Fuu: But Mugen, I can't leave you.
- Mugen: Don't give me that crap! Listen to me, I'm gonna be pissed off if we came all this way for nothin'. Get lost.
- Fuu: I can't...what if they...
- Mugen: I ain't gonna die. Have some faith in me will ya?
- Fuu: Oh Mugen...
- Mugen: Beat it. (Fuu takes a step back) Go on. (Fuu takes another step back) I said go!
Episode 26: "Evanescent Encounter (part 3)"
- Sunflower Samurai Kasumi Seziou: Fuu....
- [After surviving a building collapsing on him]
- One-Eyed Brother: Well that hurt like a son of a bitch didn't it?!
- [They fight against jin and kariya with the sword as she stab him]
- Fuu': Jin!
- Kariya: I cannot believe. You are purpose on attack:
- [Jin and Kariya are fall down the ground]'
- Jin: I think I've found what I was looking for all this time. I, who was always alone, found friends for the first time. You two were my first friends.