Self-discipline is the ability to manage oneself and one's emotions by using reason to determine a best course of action that opposes one's desires.
|This science article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Self-discipline is indispensable, if you want to master your character.
- Fausto Cercignani in: Brian Morris, Simply Transcribed. Quotations from Writings by Fausto Cercignani, 2014, quote 49.
- Self-discipline without talent can often achieve astounding results, whereas talent without self-discipline inevitably dooms itself to failure.
- Sydney J. Harris, Pieces of Eight (1982).
- The middle gear of any man is self-discipline.
- John le Carré, The Mission Song (2006).