Silent Hill is a horror-survival video game series, centred around the dark and mysterious fictional town of Silent Hill. Each game follows a character who is somehow connected to Silent Hill (Heather), or searching for someone or something located within the town (Harry, James).
- 1 Silent Hill 1
- 2 Silent Hill 2
- 3 Silent Hill 3
- 4 Silent Hill 4
- 5 Silent Hill: Origins
- 6 Silent Hill (film)
- 7 Silent Hill: Homecoming
- 8 External links
- "I don't know who you are or what you're trying to do, and I don't care. Just one thing. Let Cheryl go. That's all I ask."
- "Have you seen a little girl? She just turned seven last month. Short, black hair. My daughter."
- "Cheryl? Is that Cheryl?! Hey wait! Stop!"
- "Huh?! Radio? What's going on with that radio?"
- "This may sound really off the wall, but listen to me. You've got to believe me. I've not gone crazy, and I'm not fooling around. At first I thought I was losing my mind. But now I know I'm not. It's not me. This whole town. It's being invaded by the other world. A world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life. Little by little the invasion is spreading. Trying to swallow up everything in darkness."
- "The phones are all dead, and the radios too. I'm going back to call in some reinforcements."
- "Take this, and hope you don't have to use it. Now listen to me; before you pull the trigger, know who you're shooting. And don't do it unless you have to. And don't go blasting me by mistake, got it?"
- "I'm sorry, the only person that I saw is you."
- "Darkness? Must be on drugs."
- "The town is being devoured by darkness!"
- "You want the girl, right?"
- "My daughter will be the mother of God!"
- "It was foretold by Gyromancy!"
- "Thank God. Another human being."
- "Did you see those monsters? Have you ever seen such apparitions? Ever even heard of such things? You and I both know, creatures like that don't exist."
- "Is your daughter? I'm sorry."
- "Finally, someone else who's okay."
- "My name's Lisa Garland, what's yours?"
- "Harry, tell me what's happening here, where is everybody?"
- "I must've gotten knocked out, when I came to everyone was gone, it's awful."
- "Yeah, a living nightmare."
- "A seven year old girl, I can't say that I have, I was unconscious all this time, I'm sorry."
- "No, why, is there something down there?"
- "Were under strict doers to never enter the basement storeroom, so I really don't know, what did you say was down there?
- "Harry? Are you okay? Harry... let me help you, Harry!"
- "I get it now, why I'm still alive even though everyone else is dead, I'm not the only one still walking around."
- "I'm the same as them, I just hadn't noticed it before."
- "Stay by me Harry, please, I'm so scared, help me, save me from them, please... Harry?
- Before Lisa's mutation into her true form.
Cheryl Mason / Alessa Gillespie
- "Daddy, help me! Daddy, where are you?"
- "No. I don't want to. I want to be with you, mom."
- Mary..could you really be in this town?
- Don't worry..I'm not crazy. At least I don't think so.
- I was weak..that's what I needed you..needed someone to punish me for my sins..but that's all over now. I know the truth. Now it's time to end this.
- "In my restless dreams, I see that town. Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again someday. But you never did. Well I'm alone there now... In our 'special place'... Waiting for you..."
- The content of the letter James receives at the beginning of the game. As the game progresses, the letter disappears, but at the end a complete version of the letter is read to the player.
- "James... you made me happy..."
- The conclusion of the full letter.
- "James... did you really think I'd ever forgive you for what you did?!"
- Final words before becoming the final boss in the "Maria" ending.
- "Thank you for saving me... But I wish you hadn't. Even Mama said it. I deserved what happened."
- "Or maybe, you think you can save me. Will you love me? Take care of me? Heal all my pain? ...[Hmph] ...That's what I thought."
- "You see it too? For me, it's always like this."
- Final words before disappearing.
- "Besides, he was making fun of me with his eyes!"
- "Do you know what it does to you, James? When you're hated, picked on, spit on, just cause of the way you look. After you've been laughed at your whole friggin' life. That's why I ran away after I killed the dog. Ran away like a scared little girl. Yeah, I killed that dog. It was fun. It tried to chew its own guts out! Finally died all curled up in a ball. Then 'He' came after me, I shot him too. Right in the leg. He cried more than the dog! Haha! He's gonna have a hard time playing football on what's left of that knee."
- "Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too!"
- "It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...it's all the same once yer dead! And a corpse can't laugh."
- "Killin' a person ain't no big deal, just put the gun to their head... POW!"
- "James, honey, did something happen to you? After we got separated in that long hallway? ...Are you confusing me with someone else?"
- [laughs] "You were always so forgetful. Remember that time in the hotel?"
- "I'm not your Mary."
- "I am.... If you want me to be."
- "It doesn't matter who I am. I'm here for you James... See... I'm real."
- "When will you ever stop making that mistake? Mary's dead. You killed her."
- "What? You must be joking. But I can be yours... I'll be here for you forever... And I'll never yell at you, or make you feel bad! That's what you wanted! I'm different from Mary... How can you throw me away?!"
- "No. I won't let you. You deserve to die too, James!"
- "I look like Mary don't I? You loved her right? Or maybe... you hated her."
- "'Anyway'? What do you mean 'anyway'? You don't sound very happy to see me! I was almost killed back there! Why didn't you try to save me?"
- "I don't know! Maybe I did!"
- "You didn't love Mary, anyway!"
- "Are you blind or something?"
- "I hate you, James!"
- "She was always waiting for you... why... why..."
- On Mary
- If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
- Written in blood on a wall at Neely's Bar, in dark world.
- There was a HOLE here; it's gone now.
- Blood on the wall at Neely's Bar
Born from a Wish
- Earnest Baldwin: But how can you say that it is this town that is insane? Perhaps it is we who are insane. Both of us... hopelessly insane.
- "Are you still following me? Do I have to scream?"
- "What the hell is this thing?!"
- "Suffering is a fact of life. Either you learn to deal with that or you go under."
- "I'm sorry, Dad."
- "I'm going to Silent Hill."
- "I guess it wasn't much of a god if it could be killed by a human being."
- "[softly]I forgive you."
- "Shut your stinkin' mouth, BITCH!!"
- "This is... GOD?!"
- "Don't you think blondes have more fun?"
- "It won't budge."
- "It's time to roll the credits..."
- "This is very important... It's about your birth."
- "Revenge doesn't solve anything."
- "You remind me of my son."
- "That monster... what the hell was that thing?"
- "Nobody is gonna cry over my grave anyways."
- "Sounds pretty boring."
- "They've come to witness the Beginning. The rebirth of Paradise, despoiled by mankind."
- "Remember me, and your true self as well. Also that which you must become. The one who will lead us to Paradise with blood-stained hands..."
- "The time when all will be forgiven their sins, when the paradise we have long dreamed for will arrive. After the Judgement and Atonement an Eternity of bliss. Oh, Alessa... the world you wanted is nearly here..."
- "Alessa, don't you want happiness?! Have you become blind to all the hopeless suffering in the world? We need... we ALL need god's SALVATION!"
- "I wish only for the salvation of mankind, but for that to happen, the world must first be remade."
- "God is growing within you... [smiles softly] You despise me... don't you?"
- [folding hands in prayer] "But God loves even you..."
- "No, I don't expect to be saved..."
- "Alessa, you cannot kill god. I will... [moans in agony] I will birth god..."
- "I'm on your side"
- "Her? You mean Claudia? Please don't lump me together with her. She was totally brainwashed by that crazy old hag. I guess 'crazy old hag' is a bit harsh. She is your mother, after all..."
- "I know everything."
- "Monsters? They look like monsters to you?!"
- [smirking] "What's wrong, don't you trust me?"
- "Heather, go ahead and kill this crazy bitch. This demon who claims to speak for God. The time has come."
- "Go northwest on Nathan Avenue. It's a bit far, but closer than heaven."
- "Let's get this party started."
- "Oh, man... what a dream..."
- "It's okay...it's just a dream..."
- "What... the Hell?"
- "If you die here, you die in the real world too. Anyway, the only way out is through that hole."
- "Oh, man... hope my luck changes before the party..."
- "There's something going on in this room..."
- "This is a nightmare... It can't be happening..."
- "Could this be...Silent Hill Woods...?"
- (Henry gives her a bouquet of flowers at the Hospital) "Heheh! Thanks, awww. Guess I'll have to find a new place to live, huh?"
- "I'll do a 'special favor' for you later."
- "This is just a dream, and a really terrible one too. I hope I wake up soon."
- "[laughs] This is my dream and you don't even know my name? It's Cynthia."
- (While burning to death) "I finally met him! The one the nosy guy talked about... the Devil!"
- (Drinks chocolate milk) "Oh, man, that was awesome!"
- "A 'kid'!? That's no kid. It's the 1-1-1-2-1 man."
- "Hey there, little Walter! Just . . . a little longer now!
- "My name's Walter. Walter Sullivan. It's time to complete the 21 Sacraments."
- "Henry, you're it. The last of the 21 Sacraments - the Final Sign - the Receiver of Wisdom."
- "Through the ritual of the holy Assumption, he built a world. it exists in a space separate from the world of our Lord. More accurately, it is within yet without the Lord's world. ...Unlike the world of our Lord, it is a world of extreme Flux. Unexpected doors and walls, moving floors, odd creatures, a world only he can control... Anyone swallowed up by that world will live there for eternity, undying. They will haunt that realm as a spirit. how can our lord forgive such and abomination...? ... it is important to travel lightly in that world. He who carries too heavy of a burden will regret it..."
- "Not fog. It's smoke. My God."
- "Daddy, this is insane."
- "When do we get to look into your sick little mind!?!"
- "I got your....your THANG fer ya!"
- "Let me burn!"
- "Try harder."
- "Well, time to put her pawn to sleep...Good bye."
- "No. No! You KNOW who's in there!"
The Memory of Richard Grady
- "I'm not sleeping, son...you knew I wasn't sleeping, why did you stand there for so long?...It wasn't right....It wasn't healthy, son."
- "Your mother... and I... will see you in heaven, son..."
- before transformation
The Memory of Helen Grady
- "I'm not dead--locked away! Out of sight, out of mind, not dead. I asked them to bring my boy to me."
- "Come here boy. Let momma take a look at you..."
- "Into the fire she swallowed their hate."
- "Fire doesn't cleanse. It blackens."
- "Lambs without a shepherd, shepherd without a flock. It is your sins which hold you here!"
- "Do not join the others, they are deceivers, they are damned."
- "Only the Dark One opens and closes the gate to Silent Hill."
- "You've darkened the heart of an innocent and now you cower in the face of Alessa's revenge."
- "You burned in the fire that you started and nothing can save you because you're already damned!"
- "Now is the end of days--and I am the Reaper!"
- "All we ask for is satisfaction."
Officer Thomas Gucci
- "Many different forms of justice, Chris. See, you got man's, God's and even the devil's. Certain forms you just can't control."
- "Filth and lies!"
- "Not even the Darkness wants her...."
- "We don't speak her name...."
- " You're in your own hell."
- "Mother is God in the eyes of a child."
- "Where's Joshua?!"
- (To his mother) Stop acting like you ever loved me!
- "I'll find him."
- "I'm a soldier. I protect people!"
- "If you truly want forgiveness, you already have it."
- [Regarding Silent Hill]"All I know is that my dad told me and Joshua a hundred times never to go there."
- "What happened to the rest of the squad? Did they make it?"
- (Elle: What did you see down there?) What I had to.
- "You've been gone too long."
- "I miss your brother, Alex."
- "You don't know anything about Silent Hill!"
- "He's gone. Everyone's gone."
- "I never meant to hurt you, son."
- "What have you done? It wasn't supposed to be him. I chose you."
- "A soldier needs a good gun."
- "Going down?"
- "I love what I do...fixing things...it's my gift, but now I have direction...clarity...It's important to know who you are. Don't you agree...soldier?"
- "I want my toy."
- "Dad's ring. He told me not to show it to you. I guess that makes me cooler."
- [From the trailer] "Find me and everything changes."