Speed (1994 film)
Speed is a 1994 action-thriller film that focuses on police officer Jack Traven who must races against speed to foil the crazed plan of an insane bomber/extortionist, who sets up a bomb on a city bus which Traven boards, which must keep moving above 50 miles per hour (80 km/h) or the bomb will explode.
Jack Traven 
- "Shoot the hostage"
- (To bus driver) L.A.P.D.!! There's a BOMB on your BUS!!
- "This bus... Is going way too fast."
- "Will the mystery guest please check in."
- "Mac, we're boned."
- "He's been playing us, since minute one."
- "Yeah, well it mustn't have been too good, because I woke up alone."
- "You're right. It's going to turn over."
- "Are you insured??"
- "Harry, there's enough C4 on this thing to put a hole in the world."
- "Fuck Me"
Howard Payne 
- "It was the watch that lead him to me, wasn't it?"
- "We got all the balls in the world right here man."
- "Way to go, Jack."
- "... because I'm smarter than you."
- "No, poor people are crazy Jack. I'm eccentric."
- "I don't suppose anybody'll give me three million just for you."
- " Don't fuck with Daddy."
- "Do you think if you pick up all the bus driver's teeth, they'll give you another medal? I've got your attention now, Jack, don't I?"
- "Do not attempt to grow a brain."
- "Pop quiz, hotshot"
Annie Porter 
- "I got gum on my seat! GUM!"
- "You're a good, kind man. They're gonna write songs about you."
- "Oh, my God, he *is* insane."
- "Get your ass behind the yellow line."
- "Thanks for the tip, Ortiz"
- "Miss, can you handle this bus?" > "Sure, it's like driving a really big pinto!"
Captain McMahon 
- " You're fired. Everybody's F#@*ing fired."
Harry Temple 
"He'd want to be here, but he'd want to stay mobile."
"Yeah, well, Mac outweighs your gut, so we sit."
"That's our scumbag!"
"Yeah, well, Mac outranks your gut, so we sit."
Jaguar Owner 
- Oh shit! Oh shit!
- "Nice move, man!"
- "Yeah, you get on the bus."
- F@%$! Man, you scratch this puppy, and you and me are gonna have words! Do you understand?
- "Well, I guess they fell behind."
- (struggling) There's an access panel...in the floor, beneath you.
- (to jack) Get off the door, man! This ain't no bus stop!
- (to annie) this ain't no bus stop!
- "How do you feel?"... "Like I been shot."
- "What do you mean?", female passenger, in tiny high toned voice.
- "Yeah, well the last time I partied like that, I woke up married, huh, Vinnie?" Bus driver to Jack.
- Payne is holding Harry hostage in the parking garage at gunpoint with explosives strapped to his chest.]]
- Payne: End of the line. This day has been real dissappointing, I don't mind saying.
- Jack: Why, 'cause you didn't get to kill everyone?
- Payne: There will come a time, boy, when you'll wish you'd never met me.
- Jack: Mister, I'm already there.
- Jack: [disgusted at seeing a cheap gold watch strapped to the bomb on the bus or, seeing enough C-4 to, "blow a hole in the world"]: FUCK ME!!
- Tourist: [politely] Oh darn.
- [Jack stops a Jaguar.]
- Jack: Stop! L.A.P.D., Get out of the car!
- Jaguar owner: Jesus, not again! Hey, Man. This is my car. I own this car. It's not stolen.
- Jack: [draws his pistol] It is now! Move over.
- Jack: [to the Jaguar owner] Are you insured?
- Jaguar owner: Yeah! Why?
[Jack opens his door and slows down, so the bus breaks the door.]
- Jaguar owner: [unbeliving] Ah! You broke my door!
- Jack: Sir, I need to take your phone.
- Jaguar owner: Take the phone!
- Norwood: (to Mac) Sir, we have a serious problem.
- Mac: What?
- Norwood: This freeway isn't finished.
- Mac: What are you talking about?
- Norwood: The aerial unit caught it. About three miles away there's a section missing.
- Mac: But it's on the map. It's finished on the goddamn map!
- Norwood: I guess they fell behind.
- Mac: Fuck! You're fired! Everybody's fucking fired!
[Jack is at the airport.]
- Norwood: [shows Mac a map] He's headed the end of the field. That must be Bravo Tango, an emergency runway.
- Mac: Yeah, let's hope it's built! Let's move.
- Tourist: We're at the airport.
- Ortiz: Yeah, so?
- Tourist: I already seen the airport.
- Helen: Oh my God! We might've died. I can't think!
- Tourist: It's OK. If you need to, you go right ahead and vomit.
[Jack says he is going to get off the bus for a minute.]
- Tourist: Are you just gonna leave us here?
- Ortiz: I would.
[Jack calls Harry in whose office while he is trying to get on the bus and tells him the bomber's back. Mac enters Harry's office.]
- Mac: We got a random demand from your dead terrorist. He's rigged the city bus. Where's Jack?
- Harry: [puts down the phone] Where do you think?
- Keanu Reeves as Officer Jack Traven
- Dennis Hopper as Howard Payne
- Sandra Bullock as Annie Porter
- Joe Morton as Capt. McMahon
- Jeff Daniels as Det. Harold 'Harry' Temple
- Alan Ruck as Stephens
- Glenn Plummer as Jaguar Owner
- Richard Lineback as Norwood
- Beth Grant as Helen
- Hawthorne James as Sam
- Carlos Carrasco as Ortiz
- David Kriegel as Terry