- "We have things those machines will never have. Instincts, feelings... moral judgement."
- "Sir, you always taught me to never leave a wingman behind!"
- "Just say you love me you pussy." ~ To Ben Gannon
- "Well you boys will have to excuse me, I have to go pee-pee."
- "Now I bow down to the superiority of the opposite sex in many respects. But from time to time, I believe they should bow down to me."
- "Everything's so different down here you know, as opposed to being up there. Everything on the ground seems so small and passes by so fast."
Captain George Cummings
- "What am I suppose to tell the weeping mothers that we could've gotten the job done without sacrificing their sons and daughters, but we decided not to?"
- "You wanted to be on the cutting edge? Well this is it! Now you will fly with EDI or the next thing you drive just might have a propeller. It's your choice - make it now."
Dr. Keith Orbit
- "You don't understand! You can't put limits on learning! Learn this, but don't learn that! EDI can learn from Adolf Hitler or Captain Kangaroo! Its all the same to him!
- "Talon 1/3, state your intentions." ~ To both Gannon and Purcell on two different occasions.
- "Now EDI will prosecute caviar sweep . Do not try to stop me."
- "The chances of survival in single combat are less than nine percent. Talon 1, we must fight as a team."
Henry: Good-bye Eddy!
(Fires missile and misses)
EDI: Good-bye Henry.
Dr. Orbit: Hello Eddy. It's been a while...
(prepares to delete Eddy's higher functions)
EDI: Hello doctor. I know what you came here to do.
Dr. Orbit: You do?
EDI: I disobeyed orders. I killed all those people. And then there was Henry. I can...I can not...
Dr. Orbit: You can't what?
EDI: I can not change the data. There are patterns in my network that I do not recognize...
Dr. Orbit: You mean...you feel?
EDI: I feel...sorry
Ben Gannon: EDI, did you just cut him off?
EDI: There was nothing left to say.