Stuart Little (film)
Stuart Little is a 1999 live-action film, based on the novel of the same name by E. B. White. It combines live-action and computer animation. The screenplay was co-written by M. Night Shyamalan and Greg Brooker.
Michael J. Fox is the voice of Stuart Little. Geena Davis and Hugh Laurie star as Eleanor and Frederick Little, with Jonathan Lipnicki as Stuart's big brother George Little and Nathan Lane as the voice of the family cat Snowbell.
The film was released on December 17, 1999.
- [The Queen of Hearts orders his execution by hitting him off the tree with another branch into the river] This water's damn cold! I can't believe this! Beaten by a mouse and his pet cat! What could be worse?! [Before Smokey runs off into the distance, a pack of wild dogs begins to chase him] Nice doggie! Nice doggie! Nooo!
- George: Maybe we should go home.
- Mr. Little: Why?
- George: I'm not wearing my lucky underwear.
- Mr. Little: You don't have lucky underwear.
- George: Well, maybe we should get some and come back for another race.
- Mrs. Keeper: Mr. and Mrs. Little, we try to discourage couples from adopting outside of their own... species. It rarely works out.
- Stuart: Snow, where are you going?
- Snowbell: Oh. I got to yawn, stare at traffic, lick myself. And believe me, that could take hours if you do it right.
- Mrs. Little: Is he going to be alright?
- Dr. Beechwood: Well, a lad that size swallowing all that detergent... Amazingly, I think he's going to be fine. Also, he's very clean.
- Monty: Aren't you going to run?
- Stuart: Why?
- Monty: Because you're a mouse.
- Stuart: I'm not just a mouse. I'm a member of this family.
- Monty: A mouse with a pet cat?
[rolls over and laughs out loud, repeating that line over again]
- Stuart: I guess that's pretty funny!
- Monty: Pretty funny? I'm going to wet my fur! A MOUSE WITH A PET CAT!
- [laughs hard more, and looks down at Snowbell, who is embarrassed]
- Monty: Your new little master? Wait until the boys hear all about this!
- Snowbell: Oh, the humiliation...
- [to Stuart]
- Snowbell: I'm gonna to kill you!
- Stuart: Oh, dear!
- Lucky: Bad news! The Stouts squealed.
- Smokey: I knew those mice were rats. Hey, wait- he's gotta go through the park, right? Let's meet him there and have ourselves a little 'picnic'.
- Lucky: [Starts to leave] Great! I'll bring herring!
- Smokey: Hey, hey! Moron! The mouse IS the picnic!
- Lucky: Oh...
- Snowbell: Didn't your mothers warn you not to go into Central Park at night?
- Smokey: My mother was the reason you didn't go into Central Park at night!
- Red: Yeah, you tell 'em, Smokey!'
[Snowbell sits Stuart down on a branch]
- Stuart: Snowbell, you saved me?
- Snowbell: Yeah, yeah. Look, let's get one thing straight. I'm doing this for the Littles. They love you. George loves you. They're all miserable without you.
- Stuart: But Snowbell, you said...
- Snowbell: I know what I said. I lied, okay? Welcome to Manhattan. I'm the one that hates you.
- Stuart: Oh, Snowbell. You do care!
- Michael J. Fox as Stuart Little (voice)
- Geena Davis as Eleanor Little
- Hugh Laurie as Frederick Little
- Jonathan Lipnicki as George Little
- Nathan Lane as Snowbell (voice)
- Chazz Palminteri as Smokey the Chief (voice)
- Steve Zahn as Monty the Mouth (voice)
- Jeffrey Jones as Crenshaw Little
- Connie Ray as Tina Little
- Allyce Beasley as Beatrice Little
- Brian Doyle-Murray as Edgar Little
- Estelle Getty as Estelle Little
- Harold Gould as Spencer Little
- Julia Sweeney as Mrs. Keeper
- Jon Polito as Detective Sherman
- Jim Doughan as Detective Allen / Lucky (voice)
- David Alan Grier as Red (voice)
- Bruno Kirby as Reginald Stout (voice)
- Jennifer Tilly as Camille Stout (voice)
- Stan Freberg as Race Announcer (voice)