Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007 film)
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, directed by Tim Burton, is a 2007 film adaptation of the 1979 Broadway musical of the same title, which was itself based on the 1973 play by Christopher Bond. It stars Johnny Depp as Sweeney Todd and Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Lovett.
- Sweeney: I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know.
- Adolfo: [to Sweeney] May the good Lord smile on you.
- Turpin: [as he sentences boy prisoner] May the Lord have mercy on your soul.
- Sweeney: [holding up one of his razors] At last! My arm is complete again!
- Narrator: This is the tale of an ordinary man, who had everything...
- Mrs. Lovett: Barker, his name was. Benjamin Barker.
- Narrator: Until a man of power stole his freedom, destroyed his family and banished him... for life. And in his sorrow, a new man was born.
- Sweeney: Alright! You, sir? How about a shave? Come and visit you good friend, Sweeney! You sir! Too, sir. Welcome to the grave... I will have vengeance. I will have salvation... Who, sir? You sir! No one's in the chair. Come on, come on! Sweeney's waiting. I want you bleeders. You sir? Anybody? Gentlemen, now don't be shy. Not 1 man... No, nor 10 men... Nor 100 can assuage me. I will have you! And I will get him back even as he gloats; In the meantime, I'll practice on less honorable throats... And my Lucy lies in ashes, and I'll never see my girl again. But the work waits! I'm alive at last, and I'm full of joy!