Merged pages' histories
From Sir Les Patterson
* (cur) (last) 13:17, 25 August 2005 MosheZadka (remove stub notice from to-be-merged article) * (cur) (last) 13:16, 25 August 2005 MosheZadka (merge -> Barry Humphries) * (cur) (last) 15:09, 12 April 2005 18.104.22.168 * (cur) (last) 15:05, 12 April 2005 22.214.171.124
From Dame Edna Everage
* (cur) (last) 13:17, 25 August 2005 MosheZadka (remove stub notice from to-be-merged article) * (cur) (last) 13:16, 25 August 2005 MosheZadka (merge -> Barry Humphries) * (cur) (last) 14:47, 12 April 2005 126.96.36.199
- "To live in Australia permanently is rather like going to a party and dancing all night with one's mother."
- "New Zealand is a country of thirty thousand million sheep, three million of whom think they are human. "
As Dame Edna Everage
- Hello possums! (Greeting to her audience)
- I was born in Melbourne with a precious gift. Dame Nature stooped over my cot and gave me this gift. It was the ability to laugh at the misfortunes of others.
- Forget Spanish. There's nothing in that language worth reading except Don Quixote, and a quick listen to the CD of Man of La Mancha will take care of that. There was a poet named Garcia Lorca, but I'd leave him on the intellectual back burner if I were you. As for everyone's speaking it, what twaddle! Who speaks it that you are really desperate to talk to? The help? Your leaf blower? Study French or German, where there are at least a few books worth reading, or, if you're American, try English. (Advice given in a Vanity Fair agony column)
- (to a member of the audience, Back with Vengeance tour, Melbourne, 2006) I'm trying to think of a word to describe your outfit ...affordable.
As Sir Les Patterson
- The Yartz. (Sir Les's area of concern)
- I'm that low I could parachute out of a snake's arsehole and still have room to free-fall.
- Are you with me? (Sir Les's usual comment to the audience after a suggestive remark)
- My wife's so boring, she could bore an arsehole on a wooden horse.
As Barry McKenzie
- I'm up shit creek in a barb-wire canoe without a paddle.
- He was as busy as a one-armed taxi driver with crabs.