Are there any quotes that don't involve Monica Lewinsky? =) –Matt 03:52, 27 Jun 2004 (UTC)
Yes. I added 6. There are many more. Is this a biased site that only shows one side, or an objective perspective site?
- It is a site that the user's create… as they edit within the Wikimedia guidelines for fairness and legality. Nearly any significant and genuine quotations are welcome from any notable figure (that are not so extensive as to exceed the limits of fair use). No one is required to provide balance, or to insure that it is provided, but a fair or proper balance should be an aim that is promoted by any fair-minded person. People across the political spectrums are free to make comments upon the project and what it contains, and how they feel it might be improved within the talk pages, and to make additions to the articles with genuine quotations of noted figures. Preferably additions should be provided with a source, and any deletions that are made should be done for a reason of lack of authenticity, (or perhaps conceivably, a generally agreed to lack of importance…), not merely because they might irritate some sensitivities. I am sure that there are many positive and noteworthy things said by Bill Clinton, and about him by famous people; thus far the majority of editors on this article seem to have been people interested in deriding him. You are entirely free to alter that balance. (This actually reminds me that I have to post some quotes of Hillary Clinton that i had been working on formatting, but keep forgetting to finish.) I personally much prefer that people say what positive things that they can by or about nearly anyone, or remain silent, and only emphasize the negative when it seems very clearly prominent, important, and under-indicated. ~ Kalki 07:17, 9 Jul 2004 (UTC)
Corrected inaccurate quote - see http://www.snopes.com/quotes/clinton.htm
"I'll rule this country by executive order if Congress won't adopt my agenda. Bill Clinton, 7/4/98
Saw this on the web, but don't know the legitimacy of it. Yes, no?
Mr. Clinton, I am Kelly K. 12 year old student at Eisenhower Middle School, I was wondering when you where president what did Bosnia have to do with anything? I'm not sure how this thing works but, if you edit this, please let me know. -Kelly K.
--Bosnia is where I buy my cheeses from. It was a big deal at the time. - B. Clinton.
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Bill Clinton. --Antiquary 17:04, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
- I think the country could be spared a lot of agony and the government could worry about inflation and a lot of other problems if [Nixon would] go on and resign. [There is] no question that an admission of making false statements to government officials and interfering with the FBI and the CIA is an impeachable offense.
- While campaigning for a Congressional seat in Arkansas, about Richard Nixon
- Today, future belongs to freedom, not to fear.
- During campaigning for John Kerry in 2004 presidential election
- It didn't happen under my administration. It happened under me.
- In Rwanda, when a local reporter asked Clinton about his administration's failures during the 1994 genocide that left up to 1,000,000 dead