I wanted a report for WHAT TO DO TO WIN A YOUNG GIRLS HEART (TO BE HER LOVER)!
Basically what the title above says. I'm sure there are quotes out there about boys somewhere, so if someone could eventually find such quotes, creating the Boys article would be appreciated. Just a suggestion. Thanks. — RyanCross (talk) 08:12, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Same goes for Women and Men... maybe we should merge Girls and Women to Female (and create Male once we have quotes about males)? I'm not the best researcher of these types of quotes. Opinions would be appreciated. Thanks. — RyanCross (talk) 08:20, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- There are lots of good quotes on all four topics that could be used (and even more bad ones). In my opinion this present article is pitiful, as the only sourced quote is quite unoriginal.
- I would not support the proposed merger, for a couple reasons. Firstly, many aphorisms and quotes that come to mind relate to age-dependent characteristics, and some of the best specifically relate to the transition into maturity. Secondly, (a personal perspective with which others may not concur) the nounification of the adjectives male and female, particularly with reference to people, strikes me as a reifying influence. (Consider how some contemporary news reportage refers to ordinary or upstanding people as men and women (rarely ladies and gentlemen anymore) but refers to criminal suspects and perpetrators as males and females — overtly dehumanizing the "undesirables" by employing terms that apply as well to brute animals.) ~ Ningauble 16:17, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the hell with sugar and spice.
- From the girl the woman is born; for It is in her that the future lies.
- Many men can learn a lot from girls, they just have to try.