- Failure too is a form of death.
- He entered the territory of lies without a passport for return.
- Heresy is another word for freedom of thought.
- If I had to choose between life in the Soviet Union and life in the United States of America, I would certainly choose the Soviet Union, if I had to choose between life in North Korea and life in South Korea, I would certainly choose North Korea.
- If one is going to write about war, self respect demands that one share the risk.
- Media is just a word that has come to mean bad journalism.
- Sentimentality — that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
- There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in.
- They are always saying God loves us. If that's love I'd rather have a bit of kindness.
- Unhappiness in a child accumulates because he sees no end to the dark tunnel. The thirteen weeks of a term might just as well be thirteen years.
- We mustn't complain too much of being comedians — it's an honorable profession. If only we could be good ones the world might gain at least a sense of style. We have failed — that's all. We are bad comedians, we aren't bad men.
- When we are not sure, we are alive.
- Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation.
- You think it more difficult to turn air into wine than to turn wine into blood?