Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Hilaire Belloc. --Antiquary 18:30, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- Be at the pains of putting down every single item of expenditure whatsoever every day which could possibly be twisted into a professional expense and remember to lump in all the doubtfulls.
- Every major question in history is a religious question. It has more effect in molding life than nationalism or a common language.
- I am writing a book about the Crusades so dull that I can scarcely write it.
- Just as there is nothing between the admirable omelet and the intolerable, so with autobiography.
- First, I tell them what I am going to tell them, then I tell them, then I tell them what I told them.