Anyone know the context of the quote "The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind"?
The encyclopedia article provides strong, sourced evidence that his birthday was indeed 12/25, and that the idea that this was a romantic fiction for the purpose of publicity is itself completely false. You know, some people are actually born on Christmas. They don't juse close down the obstetric wards at midnight on the 24th. 188.8.131.52 19:56, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Humphrey Bogart.
- I came out here with one suit and everybody said I looked like a bum. Twenty years later Marlon Brando came out with only a sweatshirt and the town drooled over him. That shows how much Hollywood has progressed.
- I can't say I ever loved my mother, I admired her.
- I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.
- I never should have switched from Scotch to Martinis.
- Attributed last words
- I wouldn't give you two cents for a dame without a temper.
- It doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people doesn't add up to a hill of beans in this crazy world.
- Joan Crawford, no matter how much I can't stand the lady, is a star!
- My parents fought. We kids would pull the covers over our ears to keep out the sound of fighting. Our home was kept together for the sake of the children as well as for the sake of propriety.
- I don't approve of the John Waynes and the Gary Coopers saying 'Shucks, I ain't no actor—I'm just a bridge builder or a gas station attendant.' If they aren't actors, what the hell are they getting paid for? I have respect for my profession. I worked hard at it.
- The only point in making money is, you can tell some big shot where to go.
- The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.
- The whole world is three drinks behind. If everyone in the world would take three drinks, we would have no trouble. If Stalin, Truman and everybody else in the world had three drinks right now, we’d all loosen up and we wouldn’t need the United Nations.
- Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.
- You're not a star until they can spell your name in Karachi.
- Don't ever name a restaurant after me.
- They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem.
- Comment on the House Un-American Activities Committee.