The article in Sydsvenska Dagbladet
The quotes from the supposed article in Sydsvenska are in English, but AFAIK that newspaper is in Swedish. Are the quotes translated, and by whom? --Blenda
- Do you have the original Swedish? It might help to refine the translation, if we don't get a translation source. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 05:09, 24 July 2005 (UTC)
- Unfortunately I don't, and it would also be easier to find it if the person who added the quotes would have specified the date of the article. --Blenda
I'd encountered some of these quotes at various sites, and searching for sources I believe that this link mirroring a post at the Rotten Tomatoes Forum in May 2002 was one of the earliest and most extensive that I found:
I too would love to have more precise dates of the original sources of them, if that were possible. ~ Kalki 01:26, 29 July 2005 (UTC)
I'm sorry but the quotes of this supposed article (obviously a hoax) make Bergman look like a total jerk, dissing every filmmaker that ever lived (it even contradicts his actual feelings about Truffaut in the same article). I suggest taking these hysterical quotes down.
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Ingmar Bergman. --Antiquary 21:00, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- Cinema is a language that literally is spoken from soul to soul in expressions that,almost senuously,escape the restricted control of the intellect.
- ..in every case,some outside event had turned the key on some deep seated memory...each film was a projection of some past experience.
- Everything is worth precisely as much as a belch, the difference being that a belch is more satisfying.
- I have a lot of tics and phobias. I hate to travel. I hate to go to festivals. I hate it when somebody gets close behind me. I'm scared of the darkness. I hate open doors.