Early opposition to lyrics (obsolete)
- are lines from lyrics really quotations ?
- what about copyrights ? Fair use ?
Kpjas 15:01, 11 Aug 2003 (UTC)
- What Wikiquote is not was changed two weeks ago to specify no song lyrics. These should be removed. So what do we do with an empty page? I don't know how to delete pages. Maybe we can find an actual quote by Kate Bush and put it here instead. Nanobug 16:51, 11 Aug 2003 (UTC)
- There was 1 actual quote by Kate Bush, so I deleted the lyrics.
- 188.8.131.52 21:43, 13 Dec 2004 (UTC)
Lyrics ARE permissable
The exclusion of all lyrics that some asserted should be a policy in the very earliest months of Wikiquote's existence was modified last spring, after a long posted declaration of intent that occurred last year which can be read here. It was argued then, and now, that to say that no quotations from copyrighted works should occur at all is to disregard the commonly accepted practice of using quotations of works under fair use provisions that occurs in nearly all major journalistic and educational endeavours, and indeed one would have to delete much, if not most of the material used in Wikiquote (and most other quotation sites). I am someone who agrees that posting the full lyrics of songs, even those no longer under copyright, should be avoided, but to exclude any selections of lyrics, and poems merely because they are a specific type of literature is not appropriate for a site devoted to collecting notable quotations of notable people and notable works. All the lyrics that were placed here were deleted a few hours ago, along with useful links for further exploration, and I am now restoring them. Such major deletions of long standing material should not occur without some discussion. ~ Kalki 23:39, 13 Dec 2004 (UTC)
How To Be Invisible
This might be the first post on the web of some of these lines. They are not the complete lyrics, but it is most of them. I have heard the song, and it rocks. - Graham 21:19, 5 November 2005 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote from this list please move it to Kate Bush. --Antiquary 20:04, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- I think quotes are very dangerous things.
- I think you're all completely mad! —and thank you very much.
- Interview response, after being asked if she had anything to say to her fans at the Kate Bush Convention (17 November 1990), This has sometimes been stated to have actually been at the Kate Bush Convention, or on a Dutch TV interview around the time of the release of The Sensual World.
Why does A Sea of milk, a sky of honey seem more familiar?
I find myself constantly calling this by that name - is this a the name of a poem or something that i am constantly confusing this title with? or is it something else? 184.108.40.206 16:37, 25 January 2012 (UTC)