Talk:Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh.
- Some players are consistent and some players are brilliant. Colm McAlarney is consistently brilliant!
- Danny "The Yank" Culloty. He came down from the mountains and hasn't he done well.
- He kicks the ball lán san aer [Irish for 'high in the air'] , could've been a goal, could've been a point... it went wide.
- I saw a few Sligo people at Mass in Gardiner Street this morning and the omens seem to be good for them. The priest was wearing the same colours as the Sligo jersey! 40 yards out on the Hogan Stand side of the field, Ciarán Whelan goes on a rampage... it's a goal. So much for religion.
- I see John O'Donnell dispensing water on the sideline. Tipperary, sponsored by a water company. Cork, sponsored by a tae [tea] company. I wonder will they meet later for afternoon tae.
- In the first half they played with the wind. In the second half they played with the ball.
- Stephen Byrne with the puck out for Offaly. Stephen, one of 12. All but one are here to-day, the one that's missing is Mary, she's at home minding the house... and the ball is dropping i lár na bpáirce... [in centrefield]
- Teddy looks at the ball, the ball looks at Teddy...
- Diarmuid O Sullivan, is there a greater man in the country.....I DON'T think so!
- Mike Houlihan for Limerick. Houlihan the cattle jobber. He had his jaw broken by a kick from a bullock two months ago. He's back now. 'Twas some bullock that broke Mike Houlihan's jaw!
- Dublin have scored two points, one from the hand and one from the land.