- Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
- I don't ask other men's opinions. I have my own.
- The point is not to take the world's opinion as a guiding star but to go one's way in life and working unerringly, neither depressed by failure nor seduced by applause.
- The only opinion that matters is one's own.
- Opinions are like assholes; everyone's got one.
- If I want your opinion, I will tell it to you.
- Opinions should be formed with great caution, and changed with greater.
- He who has no opinion of his own, but depends upon the opinion and taste of others, is a slave.
- To maintain an opinion because it is thine, and not because it is true, is to prefer thyself above the truth.
- We should always keep a corner of our heads open and free, that we may make room for the opinions of our friends. Let us have heart and head hospitality.
- No liberal man would impute a charge of unsteadiness to another for having changed his opinion.
- It is not only arrogant, but it is profligate, for a man to disregard the world's opinion of himself.
- Who observes not that the voice of the people, yea of that people that voiced themselves the people of God, did prosecute the God of all people, with one common voice, "He is worthy to die." I will not, therefore, ambitiously beg their voices for my preferment; nor weigh my worth in that uneven balance, in which a feather of opinion shall be moment enough to turn the scales and make a light piece go current, and a current piece seem light.
- In the minds of most men, the kingdom of opinion is divided into three territories,—the territory of yes, the territory of no, and a broad, unexplored middle ground of doubt.
- Public opinion, though often formed upon a wrong basis, yet generally has a strong underlying sense of justice.
- People with opinions just go around bothering each other.
- People in supervising positions in investigation are supposed to give too much of their opinion and if they are wrong saying "sorry" is enough.
- Man tends to treat all his opinions as principles.
- When I say "everybody says so," I mean I say so.