- For two years Tommy was the best hitter in baseball. He just didn't get the recognition. He was part of a team that had a lot of good parts to it.
- On teammate Tommy Davis, who won the NL batting title in 1962 and 1963
- I can understand how he won 25. What I can't understand is how he lost five.
- It's no disgrace to get beat by class.
- Bob Hendley, the losing Chicago Cubs pitcher in Koufax's perfect game, after Koufax sent him a gift to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the game — a 1965 NL baseball signed, "What a game!" plus a small handwritten note: "We had a moment, a night, a career. I hope life has been good to you. Sandy." Hendley himself pitched a one-hitter in the game, allowing one unearned run.
- Either he throws the fastest ball I've ever seen, or I'm going blind.
- He throws a 'radio ball,' a pitch you hear, but you don't see.
- Koufax - he'll never amount to much.
- Tommy Lasorda, after pitching his last for the Brooklyn Dodgers