Talk:Stanisław Jerzy Lec
- A dream will always triumph over reality, once it is given the chance.
- Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
- To torture a man you have to know his pleasures.
- We know we are on the wrong track, but we are compensating for this shortcoming by accelerating.
- Cited by Hermann Scheer in his book Energy Autonomy
- The exit is usually where the entrance was.
- What limps – moves.
- pl: Co kuleje – idzie.
- In a war of ideas it is people who get killed.
- The mob shouts with one big mouth and eats with a thousand little ones.
- Even a glass eye can see its blindness.
- To whom should we marry Freedom, to make it multiply?
- I am against using death as a punishment. I am also against using it as a reward.
- You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories.
- Optimists and pessimists differ only on the date of the end of the world.
- If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?
- Do not ask God the way to heaven; he will show you the hardest one.
- If you are not a psychiatrist, stay away from idiots. They are too stupid to pay a layman for his company.
- Thoughts, like fleas, jump from man to man, but they don't bite everybody.
- The first condition of immortality is death.
- The first symptom of death is birth.
- pl: Pierwszym objawem śmierci są narodziny.
- Suppose you succeed in breaking the wall with your head. And what, then, will you do in the next cell?
- Beyond each corner new directions lie in wait.