|This article needs to conform to our limits on quotations policy.
The subject of this article is a video game, and as a result, there should only be: three quotes.
If you would like to add another quote to the page, you may first need to remove one that is already there in order to keep within the bounds of fair use of copyright material.
hey hey hey!!!
The quote about cold fusion isn't from a mission, but from a movie during the Zerg campaign (original StarCraft). Kimera757.
I think you should add more units that say things too, I don't remember exactly, but I think the defiler says "battle", and the probes say "choose you order" and "what do you need?" for example (click'em and check it), I'm sure more units say more things but as long as I'm not an English natural speaker it's very hard for me to understand them.
Regards --188.8.131.52 21:25, 10 April 2006 (UTC)
I'm not sure about the difiler, but yes, the probe says "what do you need?" I'm also pretty sure the Hydralisk says "what?"
Where do we get transliterations of Protoss words?
In this list there are a lot of transcribed Protoss words. From where do we have these spellings? Very few of them appear on writing in the game, who supplied the rest? Are they from Blizzard or are they pure speculation? I want sources! 184.108.40.206 22:04, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
Herewith a link that has all of them.....
Removal of unit quotes
I've removed the entire section that was simply quoting every phrase that a unit utters in the game. The fact that the collection is so large borders on copyright violation, if it isn't outright, and beside that, the quotes themselves are generally very inane and/or unoriginal. Wikiquote is not a place for collecting each and every utterance, and recently, two pages were deleted (Command and Conquer, and Warcraft, though Warcraft was recreated as a very stripped-down version without the full listing of unit quotes) for being little more than complete listings of individual unit quotes. The fact that there are quotes from the cutscenes, etc. are likely to save this page from the same fate, but the full listing of unit quotes should not be restored (if any quotes were particularly unique/original, they can be restored, but there should be very few of these). —LrdChaos (talk) 01:25, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
The unit quotes when selected more than four times should be restored for the various units. Those are particularly interesting and have plenty of hidden references within them.
vandal! this section was so good :-( i enjoyed reading it so much .... and now it's gone.... it's all gone!! (*running away crying*)
Hah, welcome to Shittypedia, mate, the place where wikijerks pull their "e-power" weight around to gain some psuedo-self esteem. I suggest you move over to Citizendium and open such "inane and unoriginal" pages over there, where it won't get deleted by teenager nutcases and e-power mad "exclusionist/inclusionist" shenanigan hoodlums. A pittance, I actually came here looking for that page because I needed some of those quotes. Just one more reason to not have anyone link to wikipedia/give it traffic. All in all, Wales is just running a scientology-esque scam here. Keep the Internet/Information Free!-Ori 220.127.116.11 16:10, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- The units quotes should stay, as it is a fact that the units are a part of Starcraft, and have amazing quotes. Seriously, some peopple like reading this.
- I totally agree. Those are the quote that stucks in our head while we play the game and we like to verify if we heard it correctly.
I thought it was a ghost. He carried a C-10 rifle
I agree about adding the Unit quotes. Well Is anyone with me or they object? Which policy restricts unit quotes?(Dennys 17:54, 7 May 2009 (UTC))
- Wikiquote:quotability is relevant to these unit vocalizations. ~ Ningauble 18:45, 7 May 2009 (UTC).
- Agreed. The purpose of Wikiquote isn't to grab absolutely everything from a particular source, just the best (and most important). Furthermore, quoting everything the units say brings us dangerously close to copyright violations, which we're trying pretty hard to fight. EVula // talk // ☯ // 18:50, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- Besides, http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_unit_quotations has all the unit quotations, so what use do we have for them here? In fact, doing so would mean little more than copy-pasting from a more appropriate source. Kvn8907 06:34, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
I just recently added people quotes because People quotes do not count as Unit Quotes.(Dennys 17:20, 28 May 2009 (UTC))
- We've already got "people quotes", its the standard dialogue. Such quotes are far better delivered in the context of the conversation they were made in (except for the odd soliloquy), and within the context of the product they were retrieved from, rather than under lump headings for each character. Such headings also encourages unnecessary proliferation of quotes; this is copyrighted material, which as noted above by Evula should be kept heavily in check. Plus, having a bunch of empty section headings is utterly pointless from a presentation point of view, especially when the quotes added to those sections that do have something are already contained elsewhere on the page. -- S@bre 00:48, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
Well add more quotes then. Hey how about adding the Dialogue about Zerg Mission Omega? I want to see the Quotes made by Kerrigan, Mengsk, Artanis and DuGalle in mission Omega.(Dennys 19:18, 10 June 2009 (UTC))
- Its still all copyrighted stuff and we have to be moderate with what we include. The SC1 and Brood War sections are long enough, especially given the upcoming StarCraft 2 and if we're going down the route of adding quotes from some of the novels. -- S@bre 23:24, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
Well I'm sorry but this page could use some more quotes and besides we don't know when Starcraft II is coming out. I'm glad this page doesn't need trimming.(Dennys 18:17, 16 June 2009 (UTC))
Question to all users
Is it okay to add
- "Zeratul: I bring tidings of doom. The xel'naga return, the cycle nears its end, the artifacts are the key.
Jim Raynor: The key... the key to what?
Zeratul: To the end of all things." ---Starcraft
(StarWarsFanBoy 02:36, 12 December 2009 (UTC))
Can someone trim this? If I trim out the very notable quotes or start an edit war on purpose or accident then nobody will forgive me including admins.(StarWarsFanBoy 05:50, 6 February 2011 (UTC))