- Crises are short term, they last months, and at the end we survive them; businesses are long term, they last a whole life, and they require strategic management.
- Alberto Calva, (2009).
- Nothing is more terrible than activity without insight.
- Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881).
- Strategy is about changing unfavorable circumstances into a favorable situation.
- Nader Sabry, (2005).
- Brilliant strategy is the smartest route to desirable ends with available means.
- Max Mckeown, Author of The Strategy Book.
- Change is the (occasionally) skilful redirecting, renewing, and reconnecting of stuff (like time, money, things, jokes, knowledge, hopes, passion, and dreams) into something better for us, for someone, even for everyone.
- Max Mckeown, '2007, Management Issues'
- All strategy is executed through "common" people. If they don't work with the strategy then it will fail however clever, visionary, or insightful. When people work to make a strategy a success then it may succeed even if it is flawed.
- Max Mckeown, '2006, Management Issues'