The Legend of Dragoon
The Legend of Dragoon is a console role-playing game developed and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation. It was released in Japan on December 2, 1999, in North America on June 11, 2000, and on January 19, 2001 in Europe. Despite mixed critical reception, the game has amassed a very large cult following, including several online petitions for a sequel.
|This game article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- "Big talkers are usually weak."
- "What a stream!"
- ""It was a journey for revenge. It was a journey to find the guy who deprived me of something precious, and kill him."
- "What I found on the ground was only this. It's a memento, the only thing my father carried around all the time."
-Referring to a red gem stone that glows when he holds it out.
- "There are those in the forest. Nocturnal owls are hooting. It's the proof that nobody is in the forest."
- "Shana, you have something only you can do, right? You don't need to pretend to be strong. Besides, you can rely on me more. Like in the old days..."
- "I should be thanked, so why do I have to be yelled at?"
-After saving Dart in combat
- "You 'deserve' to rule Dragons. This light shows the true evidence. From the time the Dragoon Spirit starts to shine, you have to accept your fate as a Dragoon. Just like me."
- "When Dragoons meet blood will flow, and as they leave time does slow."
- "War is not in human nature. Humans fight by making themselves enter Insanity. This is a tool to amplify that Insanity."
- "Everything is turning out just as Zieg wished. The seal of the moon was broken, and the terribly disasterous plan laid by Soa finally has started. Those Virages are mere advance guards for the primary Virage Embryo. It seems the birth of the God of Destruction will only be a matter of time. Does the Divine Tree, which gave birth to all the species, want this as well?"
- "I feel naked without my sword."
- "Those who flaunt their power disappear when the truly strong appear."
- "I´ve been waiting for this moment."
- "I am Lavitz Slambert! I am the head of the First Knighthood of the Kingdom of Basil! Well, it seems we don't have time for introductions!"
-After defeating some Hellena guards with Dart.
- "You can celebrate later. We are still deep in the belly of the enemy. Besides, it's too damp to have a party, isn't it?"
-After breaking Shana out with Dart.
- "She grew up. She was alone in such a hell like place. If she was a regular woman, she wouldn't have been able to survive. Of course, there are not that many fools who would come here to save her."
- "You'll make a good wife one day."
-Referring to Shana
- "Well, you have been away from each other for five years. It's natural to not know about each other. Wait, my mom and I aren't like that. Every time I go back to Bale, she welcomes me with the same smile. Wh, What? Did I say something wrong?"
- "This is what I saw everyday when I was young. I grew up thinking...'I'll be an admired knight just like my father and I'll protect this country!'"
- "I thought we stepped into the moon."
- "I believe love is the only entity that doesn't change over time."
- "Are you really okay!? Your eyes are kind of watery."
- "Death gives birth to tears, tears give birth to anger, when anger turns to rancor, it opens the path for war."
- "That is not of your concern."
- "This is enough information for you. Those of you who do not grasp the value should just do what the orders say."
-When talking to the Fruguel about Shana in Hellena Prison.
- ""It doesn't matter. Everything is going just as I planned. Yes.... They don't know they are in the palm of my hand."
-As the Man in the Hood.
- "You bastard! Don't let them out alive!! Wait!! I almost forgot the most important thing, don't kill the girl. IT's an order from His Majesty Doel!"
- "Shana.... Don't worry about her. She must be receiving the courtesies of Hellena Prison by now."
When confronted by Dart in Seles.
- As if they were gods, Winglies ruled over all living creatures, and used them as slaves. The enslaved suffered a terrible domination and injustice. Their anger turned to a flame of fury; then, a gust of wind blew throughout the lands, spreading the flame to a blazing fire. The wind was Emperor Diaz. Seven incarnations Dragons served the emperor. Their bravery inspired people to take up arms. Thus began the Dragon Campaign. It was a harsh war. Both people and Winglies suffered countless injuries and fatalities. After a long period of suffering, it was the humans who aquired the future. The age of humans had begun."
- "This is...?"
- "The courage to pursue your love will change even fate."
- When the clash of swords echo,
The journey chasing the past ends and The journey to know today begins. One soul seeks another and Pledges their sworn friendship to another. One mystery begets the next and The doors of fate are opened. "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you...."
Lavitz: "I am a bit concerned...." Shana: "Wha, What?! Lavitz's mother gave me a compliment!" Lavitz: "I guess it may be edible...." Shana: "I don't like what Lavitz said." Lavitz: "I can enjoy and eat any food. Just make a lot." Shana: "I don't like what Dart said so much either." Kaiser: "I don't care about the taste. Edible is enough. Just salt is enough for flavor!" Shana: "Even Mr. Kaiser too."