The Men Who Stare at Goats (film)
The Men Who Stare at Goats is a 2009 comedy film directed by Grant Heslov and written by Peter Straughan based on the book of the same title by author Jon Ronson, an account of the investigation by Ronson and John Sergeant into attempts by US military forces to use psychic abilities in military operations.
- More of this is true than you would believe.
- Opening title card.
Bob Wilton 
- Every single one of Bill's soldiers fired high. They instinctively hadn't wanted to shoot another person. Later, Bill would come across a study which revealed that only 15-20% of fresh soldiers shot to kill. The rest aimed high, didn't fire at all, or pretended to be busy doing something else.
- Now, more than ever, we need the Jedi!
- Jesus, Lyn. You had like the whole desert to drive in, Lyn!
Bill Django 
- We must be the first superpower to create super powers.
- Mother Earth, you're my life support system. As a soldier I must drink your blue water, live inside your red clay and eat your green skin. Help me to balance myself. As you hold in balance, the Earth, the sea, and the space environments. Help me to open my heart, knowing that the Universe will feed me. I pray my boots will always kiss your face, and my footsteps match your heartbeat. Carry my body through space and time. You're my connection to the Universe and all that comes after. I'm yours and you are mine. I salute you.
- I'm liberating this base!
- I'm your commanding officer, and I'm ordering you to dance. DANCE, GODDAMNIT!
Brigadier General Dean Hopgood 
- We can't afford to have the Russian's leading the field in the paranormal.
- Larry Hooper: Lieutenant Colonel Django used funds from the project's black budget to procure prostitutes...
- Bill Django: That's a lie!
- Larry Hooper: ...and to get drugs for himself and his men.
- Bill Django: That... well, the hooker thing is definitely a lie.
- Lyn Cassady: Once you understand the linkage between observation and reality then you begin to dance with invisibility.
- Bob Wilton: Like camouflage.
- Lyn Cassady: No, it's not like camouflage.
- Lyn Cassady: It's ok, you can "attack" me...
- Bob Wilton: What's with the quotation fingers? It's like saying I'm only capable of ironic attacking or something.
- Bob Wilton: Don't eat the eggs. We put LSD in the eggs.
- Bill Django: And the water. I put LSD in the main water tank.
- Bob Wilton: What? But, we drank the water!
- Bill Django: Yeah!