The Muppet Christmas Carol
The Muppet Christmas Carol is a 1992 musical comedy film adaptation of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, starring Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge, directed by Brian Henson, produced by Jim Henson Productions, and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the fourth of a series of live action musical feature films starring The Muppets, and the first produced after the sudden death of Muppets creator Jim Henson and fellow puppeteer Richard Hunt. Although it is a comedic remake with comtemporary songs, it otherwise follows Dickens' original story closely.
- Gonzo: Hello! Welcome to the Muppet Christmas Carol! I am here to tell the story.
- Rizzo the Rat: And I am here for the food.
- Rizzo the Rat: Light the lamp, not the rat, light the lamp, not the rat! Put me out!
- Gonzo: Oh! My apologies! Um...
[suddenly spotting a barrel of water below the lamp post]
- Gonzo: Rizzo!
- Rizzo the Rat: What?
["Mr. Dickens" pushes Rizzo so he falls into the water barrel]
- Vegetables: If he became a flavor you can bet he would be sour. Yuck!
- Muppet Man: Even the vegetables don't like him!
[Gonzo and Rizzo are flying over London]
- Gonzo: [thrilled] Hello, London!
- Rizzo: [scared] Goodbye, lunch!
[an urchin steals a talking vegetable]
- Vegetable: Hey, I'm being stolen! Hey, help me! Help me!
- Ghost of Christmas Past: Let us see another Christmas in this place.
- Ebenezer Scrooge: They were all very much the same. Nothing ever changed.
- Ghost of Christmas Past: You changed.
- Fozziwig: At this time in the proceedings, it is a tradition for me to make a little speech.
- Jacob Marley: And it's a tradition for us to take a little nap!
- Fozziwig: My speech! Here's my Christmas speech. Ahem. "Thank you all, and Merry Christmas."
- Jacob Marley: That was the speech?
- Robert Marley: It was dumb!
- Jacob Marley: It was obvious!
- Robert Marley: It was pointless!
- Jacob Marley: It was... short!
[turns to Robert]
- Jacob Marley, Robert Marley: I loved it!
- Rizzo the Rat: Mother always taught me: "Never eat singing food."
- Michael Caine as Mr. Ebenezer Scrooge
- Jessica Fox voices the Ghost of Christmas Past
- Steven Mackintosh as Fred
- Meredith Braun as Belle
- Robin Weaver as Clara
- David Shaw Parker voices Old Joe
- Dave Goelz as:
- Steve Whitmire as:
- Jerry Nelson as:
- Frank Oz as: