The Net (1995 film)
The Net is a 1995 film about Angela Bennett a systems analyst who telecommutes to work. Her interpersonal relationships are completely online and on the phone, limiting interactions with neighbors, and her mother is institutionalized with Alzheimer's disease. Her identity is stolen and she must get her identity back from a group known only as the Praetorians.
Angela Bennett 
- Just think about it. Our whole world is sitting there on a computer. It's in the computer, everything: your, your DMV records, your, your social security, your credit cards, your medical records. It's all right there. Everyone is stored in there. It's like this little electronic shadow on each and everyone of us, just, just begging for someone to screw with, and you know what? They've done it to me, and you know what? They're gonna do it to you.
- Such a nightmare! It's like I'm not even me anymore!
Jack Devlin 
- What were you trying to do? Save the world?
- If you'll excuse me, it's, it's time to make the world safe for democracy.
- Ruth Marx: Give us the disk and we'll give you your life back.
- IceMan: [in a chat room] No one leaves the house anymore. No one has sex. The Net is ultimate condom.
- Jack Devlin: Computers are your life, aren't they?
- Angela Bennett: Yes. The perfect hiding place.
- Jack Devlin: God, we're pathetic, aren't we?
- Angela Bennett: Excuse me?
- Jack Devlin: Well, we're here. We're sitting on the most perfect beach in the world, and all we can think about is-...
- Angela Bennett: Where I can hook up my modem?
- Jack Devlin: Yeah, exactly.
- Jack Devlin: [shoves Angela over] Get away from the computer. What did think you were trying to do? Save the world?
- Angela Bennett: No. Not the world. Just myself.
- Jack Devlin: Ah, I'm afraid it's too late for that. The offer's been withdrawn.
- Angela Bennett: Um, you might wanna look at the screen, because everything on that disk was just sent to the FBI. Everything.
- Jack Devlin: So?
- Angela Bennett: So... proof that the Gatekeeper program has a back door.
- Jack Devlin: [convinced] My, my.
- Angela Bennett: Proof that Bergstrom and Dale's murder were orchestrated by Gregg.
- Her driver's license. Her credit cards. Her bank accounts. Her identity. DELETED.
- Sandra Bullock — Angela Bennett
- Jeremy Northam — Jack Devlin
- Dennis Miller — Dr. Alan Champion
- Diane Baker — Mrs. Bennett
- Wendy Gazelle — Ruth Marx
- Ken Howard — Michael Bergstrom