The Outlaw Josey Wales
- [to bounty hunter] Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy.
- Hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.
- There ain't no forgettin'.
- Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
- [while aiming his scoped rifle at a ferry rope] Well, Mr. Carpetbagger we've got something in this territory called the Missouri boat ride.
- Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?
- We'll do without molasses. Anything from Missouri has a taint about it.
- [to Abe, his fellow bounty hunter] He's mean as a rattler, and twice as fast with them pistols.
- [to Lige] You pull his teeth, he's harmless as a heel hound. Always wanted to face down one of these pistol fighters they raise all the fuss about. Only way to handle them.
- We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.
- I didn't surrender neither. But they took my horse and made him surrender...Now he's pullin' a wagon up in Kansas.
- All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eating. It's just for looking through.
- You know she thinks I'm some kind of a Cherokee chief.
- Young Confederate: Whupped 'em again, didn't we Josey?
- Josey Wales: I reckon so.
- Josey Wales: Whenever I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
- Lone Watie: I notice when you get to dislikin' someone, they ain't around long, neither.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|