The Secret of My Success (1987 film)
The Secret of My Success is a 1987 American comedy film starring Michael J. Fox and Helen Slater, produced and directed by the late Herbert Ross (best known for Footloose). The screenplay is written by Jim Cash, who previously co-scripted Top Gun.
- Brantley: Can I make a personal observation?
- Vera: Um, anything but the thighs.
- Brantley: You know, somebody sold you a bill of goods and convinced you. You had to be 21 forever. I think you're terrific; I think the only thing wrong with you is your husband is a jerk. You're beautiful, you're intelligent, you're sensuous...
- Vera: Say that again!
- Brantley: Which part?
- Vera: All of it!
[sounds of car]
- Vera: Oh, no.
- Brantley: What, what is it?
- Vera: It's the jerk.
[Brantley rushes to the window]
- Vera: My husband.
- Brantley: My uncle!
- Vera: Your what?
- Brantley: Oh God, that makes you...
- Vera: Auntie Vera?
- Brantley: Oh! God!
- Brantley: Oh God, Oh God, Oh God! What's my mother going to say? I've disgraced my whole family!
- Vera: Oh, the hell you did!
- Grace: Take this. It's Uncle Howard's phone number in New York.
- Brantley: I've got an uncle in New York?
- Grace: My cousin Ellen married his half-sister's nephew, before she got bit by that dog and died.
[on entering his newly rented apartment]
- Brantley: All right, listen up. If there are any bugs in here, or rats, or anything that has more legs than I do, you just stay on your side of the room, okay? I'll stay on mine. I should warn you, I'm packing an iron.