The Sixth Sense
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- De profundis clamo ad te, domine. (Roughly Translated) Out of the depths I cry unto thee, O Lord.
- Teenage 70's Ghost: Hey, come on! I'll show you where my dad keeps his gun. (Turns to show a huge bloody gaping hole in the back of his head)
- Closet Ghost: Is someone out there? Open this door, please! Come on. I can't breathe! If you can hear me, open this door... I swear on my life I didn't take the master's horse! OPEN THIS DOOR, OR I'LL BREAK THROUGH IT AND GRAB YOU!
- Motherly Ghost: DINNER IS NOT READY! (shows scars of slit wrists). YOU CAN'T HURT ME ANYMORE NEDDY! YOU'RE A TERRIBLE HUSBAND!
- Do you know why you're afraid when you're alone? I do. I do.
- I want what he promised...I want what he promised me!
- You failed me! YOU FAILED ME!
- Anna Crowe: It's getting cold.
- Malcolm Crowe: [a little tipsy, holds up his award] That is one fine frame; one fine frame that is. How much does a fine frame like that cost, do you think?
- Anna Crowe: I never told you, but you sound a little like Dr. Seuss when you're drunk.
- Malcolm: Vincent Gray. I do remember you. Quiet, very smart, compassionate. Unusually compassionate.
- Vincent Gray:You forgot cursed.
- Cole Sear: Tell me the story about why you're sad.
- Malcolm: You think I'm sad?
- [Cole nods]
- Malcolm: What makes you think that?
- Cole: Your eyes told me.
- Stanley Cunningham: Philadelphia is one of the oldest cities in this country. A lot of generations have lived here and died here. Almost any place you go in this city has a history and a story behind it. Even this school and the grounds it sits on. Can anyone guess what this building was used for a hundred years ago, before you went to this school, before I went to this school? Yes, Cole?
- Cole Sear: They used to hang people here.
- Stanley Cunningham: No, uh, that, mm-mm, that's not correct. Uh, where'd you hear that?
- Cole Sear: They'd pull the people in, crying and kissing their families goodbye. People watching would spit at them.
- Stanley Cunningham: Uh, Cole, this, this building was a legal courthouse. Laws were passed here. Some of the very first laws of this country. This whole building was full of, uh, lawyers, uh, lawmakers.
- Cole Sear: They were the ones that hanged everybody.
- Cole: I'm ready to tell you my secret now.
- Malcolm: Okay.
- Cole: I see dead people.
- Note: the bolded line is ranked #44 in the American Film Institute's list of the top 100 movie quotations in American cinema.
- Malcolm: In your dreams? [Cole shakes his head no]
- Malcolm: While you're awake? [Cole nods]
- Malcolm: Dead people like, in graves? In coffins?
- Cole: Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead.
- Malcolm: How often do you see them?
- Cole: All the time.
- Cole: You know the accident up there?
- Lynn: Yeah.
- Cole: Someone got hurt.
- Lynn: They did?
- Cole: A lady. She died.
- Lynn: Oh, my God. What, you can see her?
- Cole: Yes.
- Lynn: Where is she?
- Cole: Standing next to my window.
- Lynn: Cole, you're scaring me.
- Cole: They scare me too sometimes.
- Lynn: They?
- Cole: Ghosts.
- Cole: She wanted me to tell you...
- Lynn: Cole, please stop...
- Cole: She wanted me to tell you she saw you dance. She said, when you were little, you and her had a fight, right before your dance recital. You thought she didn't come see you dance. She did. She hid in the back so you wouldn't see. She said you were like an angel. She said you came to the place where they buried her. Asked her a question? She said the answer is... "Every day." What did you ask?
- Lynn: [Crying] "Do I make her proud?".
- Malcolm: [after realizing the time has come for him to move on] I think I can go now. Just needed to do a couple of things. I needed to help someone; I think I did. And I needed to tell you something: You were never second, ever. I love you. You sleep now. Everything will be different in the morning.
- Anna: [in her sleep] Good night, Malcolm...
- Malcolm: Good night, sweetheart.
- Bruce Willis as Dr. Malcolm Crowe
- Haley Joel Osment as Cole Sear
- Toni Collette as Lynn Sear
- Olivia Williams as Anna Crowe
- Donnie Wahlberg as Vincent Grey
- Glenn Fitzgerald as Sean
- Mischa Barton as Kyra Collins
- Trevor Morgan as Tommy Tammisimo
- Bruce Norris as Mr. Stanley Cunningham
- Angelica Page as Mrs. Collins
- Greg Wood as Mr. Collins
- Peter Tambakis as Darren
- Jeffrey Zubernis as Bobby