The Truman Show
The Truman Show is a 1998 movie starring Jim Carrey. Truman Burbank lives a very normal life, he has a good job and a loving wife. That is until a studio light falls from the sky just outside his house, Truman begins to suspect something is amiss. Although nothing could ever prepare him for the truth: his life is a show watched by millions.
Truman Burbank 
- Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night!
- The early bird gathers no moss! The rolling stone catches the worm!
- Somebody help me, I'm being spontaneous!
- [Sailing away in the artificially roughened winds and seas] Is that the best you can do? You're gonna have to kill me! [sings] What do ya do with a drunken sailor? What do ya do with a drunken sailor? What do ya do with a drunken sailor ear-lye in the mor-nin'!
- [to Meryl threatening him with a kitchen utensil] What are you gonna do? Slice me, dice me or peel me? There are so many choices.
- [after startling two control room directors by seemingly talking to them, then easing their concerns by seeming to revert back to his eccentricity, whilst they look at their notes temporarily] That one's for free.
- You never had a camera in my head!
- [watching himself in the mirror in the bathroom] I here by proclaim this planet as Trumania of the Burbank Galaxy!
- "I'd like to be an explorer, like the great Magellan."
- We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented, it's as simple as that.
- If his was more than just a vague ambition, if he [Truman] was absolutely determined to discover the truth, there's no way we could prevent him.
- Cue the sun!
- That's our hero shot.
- "I've given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in is the sick place. Seahaven is the way the world should be."
- I am the creator... of a television show
- [Christof looks in a monitor & sees truman sailing on the sea] Where you going, Truman?
- [Speaking as an actor on the show.] It's all true. It’s all real. Nothing here is fake. Nothing you see on this show is fake. It’s merely controlled.
- That's a whole lot of world for one man.
- [holding a beer can close to the camera] Now that's a beer.
- [looking at a sunset with Truman] That's the big guy... Quite a paintbrush he's got.
- [on the bridge with Truman] And the last thing I would ever do is lie to you, Truman. (The irony of this quote is that Marlon is lying to him as he speaks, and these lines are fed to him by Christof)
- Marlon: Where the hell's Fiji? Near Florida?
- Truman: [Pointing to golf ball] See here?
- Marlon: Yeah.
- Truman: This is us...[guides finger halfway around ball]
- Truman: and all the way around here... Fiji. You can't get any further away before you start coming back.
- Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
- Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the heart to heart disease sick place. Seahaven is the way the world should be.
- Truman: It was Dad. I swear! Dressed like a homeless man. And you know what else was strange? A business man and a woman with a little dog came out of nowhere and forced him onto a bus.
- Truman's Mother: Well! It's about time they cleaned up the trash downtown before we become just like the rest of the country.
- Network Executive: For God's sake, Chris! The whole world is watching. We can't just let him die in front of a live audience!
- Christof: He was born in front of a live audience.
- Truman: Lauren, right? It's on your book.
- Lauren: Lauren. Right. Right.
- Truman: Well, I'm Truman.
- Lauren: Yeah. I know. Look, Truman, I'm not allowed to talk to you. You know.
- Truman: Yeah, well, I can understand, I'm a pretty dangerous character.
- [Truman attempts to leave town and a convoy of cars pull in front to prevent his exit]
- Truman: Blocked at every turn. Beautifully synchronized, don't you agree?
- Meryl: You're blaming me for the traffic?
- Truman: Should I?
- Meryl: Truman, let's go home.
- Truman: You're right. We could be stuck here for hours. It could be like this all the way to Atlantic City. Let's go back. I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me.
- Meryl: Truman, can you slow down?
- Truman: Yes, I can.
- Meryl: Truman. Truman, that's our turnoff.
- Truman: I changed my mind. What's New Orleans like this time of year? Mardi Gras, woooooo! Ha ha ha ha ha! Hoo hoo hoo! Whoooohoo! Look, Meryl! Same road, no cars. It's magic! Hahaha!
- Meryl: You let me out, Truman. You're not right in the head! You want to destroy yourself, you do it on your own!
- Truman: I think I'd like a little company.
- Young Truman: I want to be an explorer, like the Great Magellan.
- Teacher: [indicating a map of the world] Oh, you're too late! There's nothing left to explore!
- [Meryl is describing a product] Truman: Who are you talking to?
- Truman: [to an unseen Christof] Who are you?
- Christof: [voice-over] I am The Creator - of a television show that gives hope and joy and inspiration to millions.
- Truman: Then who am I?
- Christof: You're the star.
- Truman: Was nothing real?
- Christof: You were real. That's what made you so good to watch.
- [Truman is missing]
- Network Executive: [hanging up a phone call] The sponsors are threatening to rip up their contracts!
- Christof: [pointing at the "Technical fault... Please stand by..." graphic] Why? We're getting higher ratings for this graphic than we've ever had on this show.
- [last lines]
- Security Guard 1: You want another slice?
- Security Guard 2: No, I'm OK.
- Security Guard 1: What else is on?
- Security Guard 2: Yeah, let's see what else is on.
- Security Guard 1: Where's the TV guide?
- [credits roll]
- On the air, unaware!
- The World Is Watching...
- How's it going to end?
- Jim Carrey - Truman Burbank
- Laura Linney - Meryl, Truman's "wife"
- Ed Harris - Christof, the creator of the show
- Noah Emmerich - Marlon
- Natascha McElhone - Lauren/Sylvia
- Holland Taylor - Truman's "mother"
- Brian Delate - Truman's "father"
- Blair Slater - Young Truman
- Peter Krause - Lawrence, Truman's boss
- Heidi Schanz - Vivien
- Ron Taylor - Ron
- Don Taylor - Don
- Ted Raymond - Spencer
- Paul Giamatti - Control room director
- Adam Tomei - Control room director
- Harry Shearer - Mike Michaelson