Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
- Lightfoot: You ain't no country preacher, Preacher.
- Red: Does he know everything?
[at the same time]
- John: No.
- Lightfoot: Yes.
[Lightfoot is driving a truck and he sees a woman riding a motorcycle in shorts]
- Lightfoot: Hey were did you get those pants?
[the womans pulls out a hammer, pounds the truck and rides off]
- Lightfoot: You freak! I love you, come back!
- John: You don't look so good, kid.
- Lightfoot: I believe you're right.
- Lightfoot: Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. That sounds like something.
- Lightfoot: Hey. You stick with me, kid. You're going to live forever.
- Red: Go... fuck... a duck.
[a woman runs out of a motel falsely crying rape]
- Woman in car: You really want to stay here?
- Husband: [smiling] Why not?
- Lightfoot: So, why did you try to kill him then?
- Red: Because we were friends.
- John: What's your name, boy?
- Lightfoot: Lightfoot.
- John: You Indian?
- Lightfoot: Nope. Just American.
- Lightfoot: [John Doherty, aka Thunderbolt, dressed in preacher's garb, has jumped into Lightfoot's stolen Trans-Am] I thought you were the heat.
- John: Do I look like heart?
- Lightfoot: You look like one crazy son-of-a-bitch for a preacher, I'll tell you that.
- Lightfoot: Howdy. How's business?
- Station Attendant: In this business, you're always one step away from bankruptcy. Funny money, credit, speculation... Somewhere in this country's a little old lady with $79.25. The $0.05 is a buffalo nickel... If she crashes in her investment, whole thing'll collapse. General Motors, the Pentagon, the two-party system and the whole and the whole shebang... We're all running downhill. Got to keep running faster or we'll fall down.
- John: I don't wish to be forward, but we'd like to exchange cars with you. So the faster you get out, the better it'll be for your ass.