- You can converge a toaster and refrigerator, but these things are probably not going to be pleasing to the user.
- During the Q & A session after an earnings call (2012-04-24)
- Cook was asked about converging touch- and mouse-based operating systems into one product, like Microsoft's Windows 8.
- Our base philosophy is to never fear cannibalization. If we do, somebody else will just cannibalize it. We never fear it.
- At Apple's 2013 Q1 earnings call (2013-01-23)
- iPad sales had been increasing at the expense of Mac sales.
- When we work on making our devices accessible by the blind, I don’t consider the bloody ROI.
- At an Apple shareholder meeting in March 2014
- In response to a conservative interest group's request that Apple disclose the financial costs of its environmental initiatives, and to only take them on if they were profitable
- If there was a lot of emotion in my voice today, it's because we've all been waiting for this day for a long time. It felt so great, … the people at this company are doing the best work of their lives, the best work that Apple has ever done.
- I don’t consider myself an activist, but I realize how much I’ve benefited from the sacrifice of others, … So if hearing that the CEO of Apple is gay can help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it’s worth the trade-off with my own privacy.