Timothy Peter Dalton (born March 21, 1946) is a Welsh-born British actor of stage and screen, famous for being chosen as the fourth official James Bond.
- This is a film that really inhabits the proper world of James Bond. I mean, James Bond lives in a world that is violent and dangerous.
- I don't believe Bond is superman, a cardboard cut out or two-dimensional. He's got to be a human being. He’s got to be identifiable, and that's what I'm trying to be... It's not a spoof, it's not light, it's not jokey.
- He's terrific. I think [Casino Royale] is a huge step forward - a leap forward.
- It was a remarkable time of my life. I don’t think anyone except the few people who have played James Bond can tell you how strange and special it is and how much your life changes. I have no regrets about doing it at all.
- Roger can climb out of a pocket aeroplane and give a glib remark, I can't
- Richard Burton was Welsh; Tom Jones is Welsh, and we Welshmen like to think of ourselves as heroes - on screen and off!
- The question of what is good acting has got to be paramount in order to keep developing. If you cease to think about it, you cease to develop. There's the showy style and the acting that doesn't look like acting. I go for the latter.
- If you behave like a regular guy, you get treated like a regular guy. You can't cut yourself off from the world. You ultimately would go crazy, wouldn't you?
- "You can't relate to a superhero, to a superman, but you can identify with a real man who in times of crisis draws forth some extraordinary quality from within himself and triumphs but only after a struggle."
- "Real courage is knowing what faces you and knowing how to face it."
- "I'm appreciated by a lot of mothers these days…."
External links