Underworld: Awakening is a 2012 American 3D action horror film directed by Måns Mårlind and Björn Stein. It is the fourth installment in the Underworld film series, with Kate Beckinsale reprising her role as Selene. Theo James, Michael Ealy, and India Eisley appeared in new roles to the series.
Selene / Subject 1 
- (Voiceover, Opening Narration) The Vampire and Lycan Clans have been at War for Centuries before I was Born. Their endless conflict hidden from the Human world. I was Turned by a Vampire, and given the Strength to Avenge my Family against the Lycans. And I was Good at it! Then, I found Michael Corvin; a Human, who was Turned to neither Vampire, or Lycan, but a Hybrid of the two, and everything changed. Allies turned enemies, and the Vampire Elders that I had protected, for over Six-Centuries, now wanted me dead! We retaliated, killed the Elders, and for a brief moment of time, we were safe. But, then, a new Darkness arose...
- (Voiceover) The Purge: Human-Being's no-longer kill each other, We have become the enemy they've been waiting for. Escape has become our only chance of survival, therefore, Michael and I are leaving, tonight!
- What is this place? (Receives no answer) Where's Michael!?
- She's not healing.
- What did they tell you of your Father? They must have told you something. Do you see images through him?
- (In Russian, to Thomas) You have no reason to fear us.
- 'Yesterday', I was with your Father, he was only a little further away from me that you are now. I went to sleep, and when I awoke the next day, I learned that, over night, Twelve years had passed, and instead of the only man I've ever loved, there stood a girl, with his eyes: My heart is not cold, it's broken.
- This day was bound to come. With or without us.
- The Humans will follow us out, you just need to hold them off until than. They're only here for her. She's more powerful than any of us, and they fear the day she discovers it. I have to get her out here!
- (To Thomas) Your son died... because he was fighting for all of you. Because he knew that running is not survival. Those were Lycans, not extinct, more powerful than ever; that thing was more than twice the size of any Lycan I've ever seen! They risked showing themselves after more than a decade in hiding because of her. And you handed her over to them! She is the Last Direct Descendant of Alexander Corvinus. The only Hybrid child that has ever existed! Whatever it is the Lycans want from her, your son knew it was worth dying for!
- What about your own department? (The detective stays silent, not knowing how to say what he suspects) They have my daughter, all I care about is getting her back. (He remain silent) If your protecting someone, I don't care, I'm not after them, I just want her.
- What is it? Michael?
- (Voiceover) Though the world has changed, our enemy remains the same. The Lycans will rebuild. And will hunt for her Father, as they did for her. But as they grow stronger, so will we. The Vampire Coven will not only survive this world; we will reclaim it.
Michael Corvin / Subject 0 
- She'll be here any minute. Just be ready to go.
Eve Corvin / Subject 2 
- How did you find me?
- (Asked her name) 'S-Subject 2'. You were 'Subject 1'. I f-freed you, do you not know who I am?
- They told me that I had no mother, that she died when I was born. I never believed it; I-I felt you, saw images through your eyes. But then, someone from outside my door, they said that since I was no-longer a child, the wait was over, that I'd be dead soon; and that my own mother, right next door, would never have even known I'd existed.
- (When asked whether she knows about her father) No. Only you.
- (Sadly) I dreamt of the day we would meet, like a silly little girl. You're as cold as one already dead.
- (Mirroring Dr. Lane's earlier words back at him) It's worse if you try to fight it. Trust Me.
- You came back for me.
- We moniter the police frequencies.
- They've been hiding down here for years, like rats, ever since the Purge. Diseased and starving, they rarely show themselves above ground, which means that something has got them round-up... Something your not telling me...
- (Low-level Lycans caught-up with them in traffic) Hurry, Selene! They're getting in the back!
- (A Low-level Lycan has gotten into the van and bitten Eve) The girl! They're taking her!
- (Kills the Lycan that smashed through the front windshield) Come-On! Fucking piece of Shit!!!
- We have a Doctor who can help her, at our Coven.
- Get Olivia, at once!
- (In Russian, about 'Subject 2') She was attacked. She is not healing!
- (About Selene) Yes: But it was we who betrayed her, Father.
- Prepare the armory!
- No! We stand! And we fight!
- Lets go! Munitions! Let's go!
- Silver ammunitions! Now!
- Get a way from her!
- There's a safehouse, not far from here.
Detective Sebastian 
- Who ever it is, they couldn't have made it very far.
- Detective, when was the last time that you heard a report of a Lycan killing.
- You question me less until you know a bit more. You clear?
- (Answering his phone): Detective Sebastian.
- No, because you wouldn't need a fucking gun to do it. (Nods his head)
- A few years ago, the government declared 'mission accomlished' on all Lycans. Feds announced that we were to only focus on you kind, now. Three months ago, a friend of mine sent me this. (Indicates a stack of files) It arrived two days after he was found hanging from his own ceiling fan. Two hundred suspected Lycan captures. Every case was investigated. Every blood test came back negative. So my friend began to wonder; were they all false leads, or were someone trying to protect the Lycans; helping them replenish their packs, letting them regroup.
- Look, if your right about Antigen, who knows how many Lycans are hiding in there. The second you set foot inside, your gonna be surrounded.
- (About Alexander Corvinus, awe-struck) The Founding Father...
- I use to be married, to a nurse. One day, at work, she was bitten. Nobody knew but us. We lived like that for a few years. Then came the Purge. Feds were conducting door-to-doors, and when they knocked on our's; (Pauses, saddened), well, she-she told me she loved me, and err... then she let the sunlight in, and I had to watch her burn...
Dr. Jacob Lane 
- Tents have been posted at every barracade throughout the city, the tests will be administered to verify if you're clear of infection.
- Many of us have lost Loved-Ones to this. Please know that you cannot help them, or yourself.
- (News report about the 'Infected'; Looks pained) There's no cure.
- (To Lida) Subject 2 escaped. It's somewhere in the building. We've got Subject 1 in full lockdown.
- (About 'Subject 1'): Put It back to sleep!
- (Over a walkie talkie, about 'Subject 1') No. Let her go. She can lead us to Subject 2.
- (To Lida) Rather than telling me how to do my job, why not take a look at your own professional conduct; that how you continuely endow this creature with Human traits has lead to the lax of It's security protocals. It's not a Human-Being, it's not your child, it's not to be coddled and pityed. It's a Blight-of-Nature! (Dismissively) Stop worrying, It'll come back to us.
- (To 'Subject 2', over a intercom) It's worse if you try to fight it. Trust Me.
- (In Russian) Again, you break my rules... Why?
- (In Russian) And for this you compromise our safety?
- (In English, to Selene) Do you think I'm foolish enough to take you at your word. 'No reason' to fear the Death Dealer who fell in-love with a Lycan, and murdered two of our Elders. And at every turn has betrayed her own kind.
- (To 'Subject 2', in private) You distrust me. Of course you do, I've made you feel unwelcome, and for that, I'm sorry. Aah, those eyes, they're special. I know exactly what you are...
- Between the first and second Purges, Lycan youth rallied in the same way, against the prudence of their elders, there calls for violence action carry today, the result, the werewolves are nearly extinct. Is that what you wish for us? Extinction?
- Everybody to the shelter, now!
- Do as I say, go, go! Pay heed! To Me!
- Have you lost sense! Stop this now! (To Selene) We've lived safely for years, and now, you've brought Humans into this Coven. They want the girl, and they will stop at nothing to get her back!
- (News Reporter 1) In the Nine days since the first discovery of the Non-Human Species', scores of so-called Covens have been uncovered. The estimates of the 'Infected' have skylocketed.
- (News Reporter 1) Due to the volatile situation, Martial Law was decleared two hours ago.
- (News Reporter 1) The city remains reluctant to share any new information, but we are getting reports of what appear to be a mass-cleansing.
- (News Reporter 2) Military sources confirm that the primary measures of defense against the 'Non-Humans' are based around Ultraviolet Light, and Silver, to which the 'Infected' appear to have fatal sensitivity.
- (News Reporter 2) The shocking discovery that, not one, but two distinct species may have been co-existing with Human populations, that the existance of Vampires and Werewolves now appear to have actual basis in fact.
- (IPU Spokesman) We have begun our second attack wave, using Ultraviolet and Silver Nitrate munations, which are deadly to the 'Infected'.
- (IPU Soldier 1) Tango Unit moving into position. We have the Hybrid in sight.
- (IPU Control) Hold your fire. Leave this one alive.
- (IPU Soldier 2) Delta in position.
- (IPU Soldier 3) Alpha Unit in position.
- (IPU Soldier 4) Arming Silver Granade!
- (IPU Control) Alpha 4, move in.
- (IPU Control) Retreive the bodies.
- (ANTIGEN computer voice) (Repeatedly) Subject 2 has escaped. Security units on alert.
- (ANTIGEN computer voice) Defrost sequence initiated. Lowering compression in Subject 1 cryo-chamber. Defrost sequence complete.
- (Lycan Security Guard) (About Eve / Subject 2) Look out! Subject 2! Get it!
- (Lycan Security Guard) (About Eve / Subject 2) Over there! By the chamber! Don't let It get away!
- (ANTIGEN (Lycan?) Scientist) Subject 1 has broken free. We need to Flash-Burn immediately-
- (ANTIGEN computer voice) Releasing maximum dose of Fentayl.
- (Lycan Security Guard) Multible casualties on level 6! Medical to alert status! Prepare for full containment on level 6! I repeat, full containment on level 6!
- (ANTIGEN Security Update) Attention, all units... Subject 1 and Subject 2 have escaped the perimeter and are no-longer under ANTIGEN control. Secure the outer gates and use extreme caution upon encounter. Report immediately upon coming into contact...
- (Lycan Security Guards) (About Selene / Subject 1) Shit, it's her. In daylight! Holy Shit Run for your lives you pieces of shit
('Subject 2' has escaped, but not before triggering the defrost sequence on 'Subject 2's (Selene's) cryo-chamber. Dr. Jacob Lane makes his way to the lab were Selene was held captive in. Lida meets up with him.)
- Lida: Jacob.
- Dr. Jacob Lane: Subject 2 escaped. It's somewhere in the building. We've got Subject 1 in full lockdown.
(Dr. Lane and Lida enter the Ops room that's in conjuction with the lab that 'Subject 1' has been kept in. Two Scientists/Lab Technitions are currently inside.
- Dr. Jacob Lane: (To the scientists/technitions) Give me the status.
- Scientist 1/Technition 1: Subject 1 has broken free. We need to Flash-Burn immediately-
- Dr. Jacob Lane: -No, wait. Let me see.
- Scientist 1/Technition 1: (To the other Scientist/Lab Technition, about the blast screen) Open it.
(The Lab blast screen rises. From their view, they can see that 'Subject 1' has broken free of her chamber, and is moving about looking for a way out.)
- Dr. Jacob Lane: Put It back to sleep.
- Lida: (Scientist 1/Technition 1) Hurry.
(The two Scientists/Lab Technitions trigger the chamber to fill with labs full supply of Fentayl.)
(A body has been found 'shredded' under a city underpass. The crime scene has been secured by police and a CDC unit, but there are crowds of spectators.)
- Detective Sebastian: Who ever it is, they couldn't have made it very far.
- Rookie Partner: I'll alert CDC to keep an eye out. They're en route. There's no way this attack was human.
- Detective Sebastian: You don't know that.
- Rookie Partner: Don't know what? The guy's shredded. His throat was found over in the gutter.
- Detective Sebastian: Just let me handle it.
- Rookie Partner: What's to handle? This has 'Lycan' written all over it.
- Detective Sebastian: Detective... When was the last time you heard about a reported Lycan killing?
- Rookie Partner: 'Couple years ago...
- Detective Sebastian: How many years have you been with this department?
- Rookie Partner: What? I've been here for three months.
- Detective Sebastian: (Asserting his point) Exactly. You question me less until you know a bit more. We clear?
- Rookie Partner: Crystal.
- Detective Sebastian: (Answers a phone call) Detective Sebastian.
- Metro Police Dispatch: Detective, we've just received a report. There's been a disturbance at ANTIGEN Labs. A eyewitness says there was an escape. They said someone jumped out of a window. This is a priority investigation. (Det. Sabastian notices something (Selene)) We need you over there ASAP.
- Detective Sebastian: We're on our way. (Calls over to his rookie partner) Hey, lets go. (To another cop) Johnson, you're the lead.
- Officer Johnson: You got it, Detective. Will do.
(Selene kicks open the locked and bolted door of the young Scientist, (Edward Vronski), who 'Let' her go. At his door being kicked in, he turns around to see no-one's there, when suddenly he is grabbed from behind and thrown against his full-length window before he is grabbed by his throat and held pressed-up against his full-length window, by non-other than 'Subject 1'.)
- Selene: The Prisoner that helped me escape, the one you call 'Subject 2', was it a Hybrid?
- Scientist: (Struggling) Yes.
- Selene: (Assumes 'Subject 2' is actually Michael) What were you doing with us!?
- Scientist: (Struggling) We... We help the government identify the 'Infected'. We were using your DNA to try to find a cure, to prevent another outbreak.
- Selene: You were told that I would lead you to the Hybrid, Why!?
- Scientist: (Becomes stubbon) 'Subject 2' is restricted information, I don't have the clearence.
- Selene: (Can tell he's lying) Your Lying.
(Pulls him back and then shoves him forward, smashing the glass window and holding aloft above the ground, floors below him.)
- Scientist: (Terrified, yells out) Help, please! (To Selene) Alls I's know's that there's some kind of connection between you two, your brainwaves fall into sync whenever your close to each other; you can see through each other's eyes.
(Realizes what Selene's about to do next.)
- Scientist: Please! No! I'm the one who let you go!
- Selene: Now we're even.
- [Let's the Scientist drop down the side of the building]
(Having followed Selene down into a building's lower levels, David, a young Vampire, (and aspiring Death Dealer), quickly spots a number of Low-Level Lycans. Runs down access tunnels to avoid being killed by greater numbers. He hides behind a collection of crates, and into Selene's gun in his face.)
- David: Don't.
- Selene: Why not?
- David: We're the same. (Shows her his eyes as they turn Vampire-Blue.)
- Selene: (Lowers her gun) Why are you following me?
- David: We moniter the police frequencies-
- Selene: -We?
- David: Do you know what attacked that Human back there? Under the bridge?
- Selene: No.
(Their attention is drawn towards the Lycans, looking around for their quarry.
- Selene: (Sees them) Lycans.
- David: What remains of them, yes. They've been hiding down here for years, like rats, ever since the Purge. Diseased and starving, they rarely show themselves above ground, which means that something has got them round-up... Something your not telling me...
(Selene prepares to ready her gun to shoot the Lycans as they move too close past them, when she is his by another 'vision' through someone elses eyes of being trapped in a space with the Lycans at the enterance.)
- Selene: (Thinks it's Michael) Michael!
(Selene goes in persuit, David goes after her. Selene comes across the Lycans as they've cornered someone. Selene opens fire. From both her own point-of-view, and in the 'vision', one Lycan falls, while Selene sees the other Lycans backing off. Selene looks into the space, to see who the Lycans had trapped, expecting to see Michael, and instead is stunned to see a little girl with long dark hair, frightened and huddled-up in the back of the small room.)
- David: (Has caught up with Selene and sees the girl) Do you know her?
- Selene: (Truthfully) No.
(The little girl looks sad and hurt to hear Selene say that.)
- David: (About the Lycans that were driven-off) They will come back in numbers.
- Selene: (About the girl) We can't just leave her here.
(they take the girl with them as they leave. As they leave, they catch on to the approach of more Lycans.)
- Lida: (About 'Subject 2') She's never set foot outside the lab, how can she possibly survive? I understand the risk of reporting her escape to the authorities, there's no record of her birth, so questions will be asked, I'm well aware of that, but if she dies, all our years of research will have been-
- Dr. Jacob Lane: -Rather than telling me how to do my job, why not take a look at your own professional conduct; that how you continuely endow this creature with Human traits has lead to the lax of It's security protocals. It's not a Human-Being, it's not your child, it's not to be coddled and pityed. It's a Blight-of-Nature! (Dismissively) Stop worrying, It'll come back to us.
- Thomas: Do you know who this is?
- David: Yes: But it was we who betrayed her, Father. (See's Olivia) Let her through. (To Olivia about the little girl) She's not healing.
(Opens her medical kit and takes a tissue sample from the girl.)
- David: She was attacked by a Lower Lycan, two hours ago.
- Olivia: (Tests sample) Her cell repair is... active, but weakened. She has... no origin bite marks, or scars. I've never seen a child like this before. (To 'Subject 2') When did you last feed?
- Subject 2: (Doesn't understand the signifigence) Feed?
- Thomas: Give her blood.
(Olivia takes a blade and makes a shallow cut on her wrist and offers it to the little girl. 'Subject 2' isn't sure about it.)
- Olivia: Child, you must feed.
('Subject 2' looks to Selene, who nods encouragement. The girl takes Olivia's wrist and drinks tentatively. As she does, her eyes change as they did when she killed the Lycan who bit her. She starts to feed more vigourously.)
- Olivia: (Worryed she might take too much) Slowly.
(The girl collapses back, dazed at her first feeding. Olivia observes that the girl's wounds are healing right before her eyes, more quickly than expected.)
- Olivia: (Taken back) She's healing, and quickly.
- David: Good. Take her to my room, she needs to rest.
- Thomas: (Has seen something David & Olivia haven't) No. (To Olivia) Look at the eyes.
(Olivia peels open one of the girl's eyelids to see a jet-black eye with a burning blue iris. Selene sees the mix of her and Michael's eyes, which further proves to her that the liitle girl is her's and Michael's daughter.)
- Olivia: (Whispers) I never believed it. They do exist!
- Thomas: This is not one of us.
- David: No. Its something more, Father.
- Thomas: (Turns to and addresses Selene) What do you know of her?
- Selene: I was held captive at a place called Antigen. One of the other prisoners freed me. I believed it was Michael Corvin, the only Hybrid I knew existed at the time-
- Thomas: -Yes, yes, your Lycan Lover, long dead, what is this then?
- Selene: None of your concern. As soon as she regains her strength, I will leave with her.
(Selene leaves to be alone, having just been told that Michael is dead.)
- David: I used to hear stories of the Death Dealers. That they were a... thing of the past, never to return. I'm glad they were wrong.
- Selene: You knew who I am, yet you still brought me here. Thank-you.
- David: Your a fighter. We could use more like you to teach us.
- Selene: I'm not sure your father would agree.
- David: There was a time where he would have. That's why he dislikes you so-much, I think it... it reminds him of the days when he defended us with fire and steel, rather than hollow words, he knows how much we need you.
- Selene: (See where David's taking this) I'm not a leader.
- David: But you fight for what you believe in. You always have.
- Selene: I don't know what I believe in anymore. I don't recognise this world.
- David: But you haven't changed, I saw it in your eyes when you looked at the child. You will protect her, it's in your blood. It's who you are! When you leave, take me with you.
- David: (About his father's collection of memorabilia) My father says that, should we survive as a species, these relics will help our descendants know who we were and how we lived.
- Selene: And what do you say?
- David: That if we continue to live as we do now, then we disgrace the past, and don't deserve a future. We must resist the Humans; where ever and when ever possible.
- Thomas: Between the first and second Purges, Lycan youth rallied in the same way, against the prudence of their elders, there calls for violence action carry today, the result, the werewolves are nearly extinct. Is that what you wish for us? Extinction? Yet you bring her offspring into our home! Do you honestly believe that the Humans will allow her to remain free? They will hunt her down at any expense.
- David: Then we can help protect them!
- Thomas: (Outraged) Protect them! They leave tonight! (Turns to leave)
- David: This isn't prudence, it's cowardice, plain and simple.
- Thomas: (Outraged) How dare you!?
- David: How dare you... do so little!
('Subject 2' is cutting herself with a blade, watching as the cuts on her arm heal. Just then, her mother walks in and sees this. Selene takes the blade away from her.)
- Subject 2: (Sadly) I dreamt of the day we would meet, like a silly little girl. Your as cold as one already dead.
- Selene: (Hurt by this remark) 'Yesterday', I was with your father, he was only a little further away from me that you are now. I went to sleep, and when I awoke the next day, I learned that, over night, Twelve years had passed, and instead of the only man I've ever loved, there stood a girl, with his eyes: My heart is not cold, it's broken.
(Takes her daughter's face in her hand, realizing that her own heartbrake must have made it seem to her daughter that she's a cold person.)
- Selene: I'm so sorry.
(Mother and daughter have a moment, before 'Subject 2' suddenly senses something.)
- Selene: What is it?
- Subject 2: They're here.
- Selene: (Goes to help) Stay here. Wait here for me.
- Subject 2: No, take me with you. Please.
- Selene: I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise. Lock the door.
(Detective Sebastian parks in the Police indoor parking lot. Although the place looks empty, he senses that he is not alone. He looks around, but sees no-one, until her turns forward to see a gun being held in his face.)
- Selene: A force of two dozen Lycans attacked and destroyed one of our Covens, last night. (Sees no surprise on his face) Your not surprised. (The detective nods his head) You knew that the Lycans are not extinct! How?
- Detective Sebastian: (Looks around) Just a feeling.
- Selene: I'm not good with feelings. I want to know how!
- Detective Sebastian: This is not the place for this. And your not gonna kill me.
- Selene: Really?
- Detective Sebastian: No, because you wouldn't need a fucking gun to do it. (Nods his head)
(Selene lowers her gun.)
(Inside a deserted room within the police building where Sabastian works.)
- Detective Sebastian: A few years ago, the government declared 'mission accomlished' on all Lycans. Feds announced that we were to only focus on you kind, now. Three months ago, a friend of mine sent me this. (Hands down a stack of files) It arrived two days after he was found hanging from his own ceiling fan. Two hundred suspected Lycan captures. Every case was investigated. Every blood test came back negative. So my friend began to wonder; were they all false leads, or were someone trying to protect the Lycans; helping them replenish their packs, letting them regroup.
- Selene: What about your own department? (The detective stays silent, not knowing how to say what he suspects) They have my daughter, all I care about is getting her back. (He remain silent) If your protecting someone, I don't care, I'm not after them I just want her.
- Detective Sebastian: No, even if there are others in my department, they wouldn't have the authority. This goes much higher. I believe all the way to the top.
- Selene: (Looking at the reports, and sees the logo for Antigen) What of the bottom?
- Detective Sebastian: What do you mean?
- Selene: Who administers the tests?
- Dr. Jacob Lane: We're right short on time, so, please, take a look at these. (Hands out files) This schedual will take you through from the moment we adjourn today, straight through to the final 'manufacture' of the 'vaccine'. If we stick to this plan, 'inoculations' should begin within three months. Any questions, nows the time, because, after today's surgery, there will be no communication between us until we meet up again in the inoculation centre.
- Boardmember: Doctor, in terms of your test subject, he continues to demonstrate immunity to silver?
- Dr. Jacob Lane: Absolutely. And additional inoculations, administered only as a precaution, have triggered side-effects we'd never imagined. Vast increases in strength, muscle mass, self-healing, stamina-
(Lida enters, having discovered what Dr. Lane plans to do with 'Subject 2', has come to confront him.)
- Lida: You said she was essential to our research.
- Dr. Jacob Lane: Yes, and will continue to do so.
- Lida: How!? By evisceracting her? (Holds up a copy of his schedual she found)
- Dr. Jacob Lane: You weren't meant to have that.
- Lida: I cared for this little girl, all these years. And you expect me to sit by, while you-
- Dr. Jacob Lane: -Harvest It's genetic material. I expect nothing from you. I hired you to look after It, and for the most part, you did an excellent job; saving the lives of thousands...
- Lida: What are you talking about?
- Dr. Jacob Lane: An entire species, saved from extinction.
(The lab door opens, Dr. Lane's son, Quint, supposedly dead, locks Lida in with all of them, his eyes are a Hybrid black.)
- Lida: (Turns to Dr. Lane) Jacob, I don't under-
(Lida sees Dr. Lane looking at her, as his eyes also turn a Hybrid black. Quint, comming up from behind Lida, grabs her by the throat and holds her over the steps in the room as she struggles. The others watch as Quint snaps Lida's neck and drops her body.)
(Dr. Lane gives his son, Quint, further infusions of 'Subject 2's genetic material.)
- Dr. Jacob Lane: After today, you won't have to wait so-long between injections.
- Quint: Are you sure she's ready?
- Dr. Jacob Lane: Estrogen level's high. Intervals between menstruals holding steady. (Gives his son yet another injection) It's come of age. Everything's worked out, just as we've hoped. You're the first proof of it. I'm proud of you, son. (Picks up next seringe) No that It's with us again, we have all the genetic material we need, ready for cloning, enough to produce an endless supply of 'vaccine'. Imagine, our species immune to silver. No more hiding, every Lycan under our command, as powerful as you are. I've even begun injecting myself.
- Quint: I only wish Mother was here to see it.
- Dr. Jacob Lane: (Dismissively) Your Mother chose to remain Human. She abandoned us. Remember that. (Injects his son in his tear duct)
- Quint: Of course, Father.
(In the Police's Supply room for Silver Ammunitions, Selene and Detective Sebastian converse as she gathers supplies to break into Antigen Labs to rescue her daughter.)
- Detective Sebastian: Look, if your right about Antigen, who knows how many Lycans are hiding in there. The second you set foot inside, your gonna be surrounded.
- Selene: I'm hoping so.
- Detective Sebastian: I know you want her back, I can help you.
- Selene: Why?
- Detective Sebastian: Just tell me what your plan is.
(On the drive over to Antigen, Sebastian notices that Selene is unharmed by the sunlight.)
- Detective Sebastian: So, how is it that you're actually able to survive in sunlight?
- Selene: It was a gift; from a man called Alexander Corvinus.
- Detective Sebastian: (Awe-struck) The Founding Father... (Sees Selene's shock at his recognition of Alexander Corvinus' name) I use to be married, to a nurse. One day at work, she was bitten. Nobody knew but us. We lived like that for a few years. Then came the Purge. Feds were conducting door-to-doors, and when they knocked on our's; (Pauses, saddened), well, she-she told me she loved me, and err... then she let the sunlight in, and I had to watch her burn.